XPO | Extra Board /conway Policy/bids??

brutus61

TB Lurker
Credits
HELLO ALL, Say could some tell me what EXACTLY is the company policy , on the bids???Reason being is that, it seems if your off for medical leave of any sort and you come back to work you go back to the extra board, no matter what your senoirty is? they tell you that you that you have to go to the extra board, then bid something when and if it opens up?/ WTF!!!!, SO LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT, MYSENOIRITY WILL CARRY ME TO MY POSTION on the extraboard ,but it wont let me bid to where i want to go ,i,e city/ line or dock . IS that fair hell no its actually a form of discrimantion , you can do this with your senority but you cant bid because you where off for medical reasons, mind you now this has happend to 2 /15yr employees it seems they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SENORITY, :hysterical:EXAMPLE SAY YOU WHERE OFF FOR A BROKEN LEG , YOU GeT RELEASED BACK TO WORK,YOU SHOW UP AT WORK ONly to be told that your now on the extra board at your senority level ie # 1 , 2 or 3 etc,, . and some other driver with less senority take s your bid where you where at?? like i said WTF !!!:chairshot:YOU COMPLAIN AND NOW THEY CITE THE COMPANY POLICY , WHICH THYE WONT LET YOU SEE , they will just read it to you, if you cant see the what i telling you drivers here maybe you need to experience this yourself , like i said that is a form of discrimination , they are actully punishing you for taken leave of some sort anybody ever been thru this crap b4?:nutkick:

HELLO ALL, Say could some tell me what EXACTLY is the company policy , on the bids???Reason being is that, it seems if your off for medical leave of any sort and you come back to work you go back to the extra board, no matter what your senoirty is? they tell you that you that you have to go to the extra board, then bid something when and if it opens up?/ WTF!!!!, SO LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT, MYSENOIRITY WILL CARRY ME TO MY POSTION on the extraboard ,but it wont let me bid to where i want to go ,i,e city/ line or dock . IS that fair hell no its actually a form of discrimantion , you can do this with your senority but you cant bid because you where off for medical reasons, mind you now this has happend to 2 /15yr employees it seems they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SENORITY, :hysterical:EXAMPLE SAY YOU WHERE OFF FOR A BROKEN LEG , YOU GeT RELEASED BACK TO WORK,YOU SHOW UP AT WORK ONly to be told that your now on the extra board at your senority level ie # 1 , 2 or 3 etc,, . and some other driver with less senority take s your bid where you where at?? like i said WTF !!!:chairshot:YOU COMPLAIN AND NOW THEY CITE THE COMPANY POLICY , WHICH THYE WONT LET YOU SEE , they will just read it to you, if you cant see the what i telling you drivers here maybe you need to experience this yourself , like i said that is a form of discrimination , they are actully punishing you for taken leave of some sort anybody ever been thru this crap b4?:nutkick:

If you are off on medical leave for more than 6 months they can put you on the flex board if they need to fill that bid spot.... after 13 weeks they can let you go ... it is all legal.

I'm surprised they did not call you during the bid process while you were on LOA.
Did you call often to give them updates on your medical condition or did you just show up with a full release?
How long were you out on LOA?
Did you give them an estimated return to work date?
Seems like there was some kind of communication gap.

I'm surprised they just blew you off and didn't take your bid seniority into consideration.
At my old barn if a senior driver was on LOA and their bid sheet was needed to keep the process going, they were either called to give their choices over the phone or the TM or Personnel Supervisor made a trip to their home to get the info.

If they were still out on LOA when the new bids took place, they would either move the whole tier up or use a flex board driver to fill in the drivers spot until they came back to full duty.

Also:
The Personnel Policies and Procedures manual is no longer in a binder.
(I think it's been that way for a few years now. Too many trees were being killed with updates)
I'm pretty sure there are many outdated manuals still hiding in terminals.
It's been on the Con-way Intranet site for management to use.
You have a right to request to see it. I advise anyone to take advantage of it and view it!