Estes | extra board

ok thanks ....now what happens if you transfer to another terminal....lets say your on line haul now and you transfer but there are no open line haul runs..do you start all over again...or does your time count from where you came

If there is no opening you don't transfer. There has to be an opening at that terminal in your catagory.There has to be an opening in any catagory first.

If you are granted a transfer,you remain at the bottom until your 90 days are up, then you get it back.

If there is no opening you don't transfer. There has to be an opening at that terminal in your catagory.There has to be an opening in any catagory first.

If you are granted a transfer,you remain at the bottom until your 90 days are up, then you get it back.

Thats the way to do it right there, I might have survived at fredex if they had a policy like that.

I'm a little confused--duh. do you have to be on an extra board run to bid a line haul run?

well lets say a run comes up and no extra board wants it then hub gets a crack at it so if no line haul wants the bid posted and no hub wants it then city guys get to bid

At some large terminals with many extra board drivers it could be years before you get a bid run, but as freight levels increase and if YRC goes under (which I believe they will as they are too much in debt) that could increase the number of bid runs at a terminal.

As a side note: Even if Estes went for the six month re-bid as I hear rumored about, it would still not increase your chances as those with the most seniority would still have first crack at the runs and would take the worst bids to not have to go on the extra board.

So why bother re-bidding as most drivers on their bid runs are satisfied with them anyway and would get one regardless?

As I heard when I first hired on, "You have to 'pay your dues' (run the extra board for a while) till you get a bid run."

It took me 5 years to get a bid run and I had to take the lowest paying one at first till I was able to bid up, so to speak, but now I have so much seniority that I could again take the lowest paying bid run and still have one. It takes time and patience, but at least you still have a job and are home on weekends or at least for two days a week!