Estes | Extra board

loosechange

TB Lurker
Credits
Thinking of switching from a hub run to extra board i was told they make really good money wondering if it was worth the switch we only have 3 linehaul bids and those guys arent going anywhere so wont be anytime soon i can get one of them gravy runs tired of the dock so any help

If you want a chance at a line-haul run, your going to need to go extra board. If you don't, every extra board driver estes hire's, will have line-haul senority over you. So, yes, do it.

if you like sitting and waiting at break bulks for 15 to 24 hrs. if you like sleeping in rat hole motels and bunk houses go for it!!!

Extraboard pays very good but your gone from home. I guess its a personal choice. I wouldn't switch from extraboard to a hub run if they paid me 3 hours to sit on a lift and puff on a cigar

Extraboard pays very good but your gone from home. I guess its a personal choice. I wouldn't switch from extraboard to a hub run if they paid me 3 hours to sit on a lift and puff on a cigar

LOL Couldn't do that at Con-way, we have a no smoking on company property policy! Seriously, how long can an extra board driver be expected to stay away at a stretch?

LOL Couldn't do that at Con-way, we have a no smoking on company property policy! Seriously, how long can an extra board driver be expected to stay away at a stretch?
5 days. Most leave late Mon night and back early Saturday

Hey Dude.Check the corparate web site ,I think they are hiring utility in atl 041.It me help you in the future as far as getting to linehaul faster.If a position came up for linehaul.And at that time you were utility you woulb beat out a city man if i read the rules correct.Just tryin to help ya sir ,....

Hey Dude.Check the corparate web site ,I think they are hiring utility in atl 041.It me help you in the future as far as getting to linehaul faster.If a position came up for linehaul.And at that time you were utility you woulb beat out a city man if i read the rules correct.Just tryin to help ya sir ,....

I appreciate the info and I did call Atlanta about the utility position. They told me that they were wanting someone to come in at 1:00, do a couple of swaps, then work the dock. Prolly 9-10 hrs a day, and I'd get less per hour to work the dock than I do in the truck. If I knew it wouldn't last long and I could get into a l/h spot I'd do it in a heartbeat, but there's no telling how long I'd have to do that. Plus they told me I'd have to apply at the Dept. of Labor in Jonesboro, and I didn't get that. Makes me think they are getting kickbacks from the gov't by "creating jobs". I don't know.

I appreciate the info and I did call Atlanta about the utility position. They told me that they were wanting someone to come in at 1:00, do a couple of swaps, then work the dock. Prolly 9-10 hrs a day, and I'd get less per hour to work the dock than I do in the truck. If I knew it wouldn't last long and I could get into a l/h spot I'd do it in a heartbeat, but there's no telling how long I'd have to do that. Plus they told me I'd have to apply at the Dept. of Labor in Jonesboro, and I didn't get that. Makes me think they are getting kickbacks from the gov't by "creating jobs". I don't know.

Ding Ding Ding,we have a winner,that is in fact what is going on,they have to keep you 90 days after hire,But if ya need a job Estes isnt the worst you could do,and once your in you never can tell what will happen,guys quit,get hurt or fired and before ya knowit your full time.Good luck brother.

Ding Ding Ding,we have a winner,that is in fact what is going on,they have to keep you 90 days after hire,But if ya need a job Estes isnt the worst you could do,and once your in you never can tell what will happen,guys quit,get hurt or fired and before ya knowit your full time.Good luck brother.

That's for sure...My meet driver told me Friday night that MEM has had 8 or 9 driver either quit or get fired in the last month....Lot of good runs are coming up for lower seniority guys...

What's the difference between linehaul and hub?
The dude on his back i a Big E linehaul driver and the one under the umbrella is a hub driver
PART_1323710958290.jpg