XPO | FAC closings

About 99% of all claims are preventable. All you have to do is use common sense.

That is true and so is this!

forced loading leads to damage, there was a lot less damage at the fac's when " you break what you bring and load what you get"!! You can preach common sense all you want, but we live in the real world with lazy people, and those with different agenda's , that will alway's be no matter what company or what business!

Flatbed freight is for flatbeds we don't have flatbeds

Maybe then kind sir, you can explain to me why we run sub-standard service on loaded lanes within the same region. I understand using the jippo's if there is an empty lane in one direction but if both lanes are running loaded to and from the same service centers they should not be hauling the freight. We, meaning Con-way Freight, should be running it. I'm am anxiously awaiting anyone's truthful answer to this. It is happening now and will only get worse. I for one am tired of being LIED to by our untruthful so-called leaders.

Two Words: Cost Savings

Maybe then kind sir, you can explain to me why we run sub-standard service on loaded lanes within the same region. I understand using the jippo's if there is an empty lane in one direction but if both lanes are running loaded to and from the same service centers they should not be hauling the freight. We, meaning Con-way Freight, should be running it. I'm am anxiously awaiting anyone's truthful answer to this. It is happening now and will only get worse. I for one am tired of being LIED to by our untruthful so-called leaders.

I have been *****ing about is policy for years!!!...

The whole assinine nonsense of swinging freight for the sake of numbers is just plain ignorant!

But this is the current game...numbers...numbers...numbers!!!

The bean counters are running Con-Way!

The company has an internal evaluation process in place that promotes this type of idiocy! They use it as a benchmark to determine whatever production numbers they trying to evaluate and adjust. It is a blanket policy and is a one-size-fits-all regardless of the idiosyncrasies of any days given variances from their norm.

Uuummmm!!! How about this!!??...Let common sense prevail!!! Stop trying to micro-manage every little detail and allow your people to do the tasks you hired them for in the first place!

Until one of our astute leaders reins in the LH dept. (and don't look for that to happen any time soon!) this policy will continue...unfortunately!!!

Rat :loser:

The whole assinine nonsense of swinging freight for the sake of numbers is just plain ignorant!

The company has an internal evaluation process in place that promotes this type of idiocy! They use it as a benchmark to determine whatever production numbers they trying to evaluate and adjust. It is a blanket policy and is a one-size-fits-all regardless of the idiosyncrasies of any days given variances from their norm.

Uuummmm!!! How about this!!??...Let common sense prevail!!! Stop trying to micro-manage every little detail and allow your people to do the tasks you hired them for in the first place!

Until one of our astute leaders reins in the LH dept. (and don't look for that to happen any time soon!) this policy will continue...unfortunately!!!

Your right, never in my years a Con-way, have I seen them so numbers oriented. I think it will save the compay in the long run, but they could focus just a little on the customer.

How many of these "bean-counters" came from YRC? Could these over-educated shoe clerks be a part of the reason why YRC is struggling? Now they're here spreading the same nonsense.

I don't get it! Explain to me how one pallet picked up by a city DSR in Macon GA going to Billings MO can be loaded direct and not moved.

How many of these "bean-counters" came from YRC? Could these over-educated shoe clerks be a part of the reason why YRC is struggling? Now they're here spreading the same nonsense.

Just one that I know of...their former CFO...seen the writing on the wall at YRC and bailed...

Whats that tell ya'...

The fault at YRC is Bill Zollars and his alone...not the bean counters!

Maybe this is one of those times someone should have listened to them!!!!

Strap..!!!! We talked about this...they only count the beans, advise on the count of the beans, keep the beans warm...They don't decide how to spend the beans...Kinda like the Chiang guy here in Ca...everyones pissed about IOUs for tax refunds..He's been warning the turdballs at the capital for two months this day was coming...and now the day is here...overdrawn...And there is only one addition from YRC...

I don't get it! Explain to me how one pallet picked up by a city DSR in Macon GA going to Billings MO can be loaded direct and not moved.

"What is LTL Freight?

LTL shipments typically weigh between 100 and 10,000 lbs. Less than truckload carriers collect freight from various shippers and consolidate that freight onto enclosed trailers for linehaul to the delivering terminal or to a hub terminal where the freight will be further sorted and consolidated for additional linehauls."

"LTL transit times are dependent upon the makeup of the network of Terminals and Breakbulks that are operated by a given carrier and that carrier's beyond agents and interline partners."

Wikipedia can't be wrong...can it?

Strap..!!!! We talked about this...they only count the beans, advise on the count of the beans, keep the beans warm...They don't decide how to spend the beans...Kinda like the Chiang guy here in Ca...everyones pissed about IOUs for tax refunds..He's been warning the turdballs at the capital for two months this day was coming...and now the day is here...overdrawn...And there is only one addition from YRC...

Bean counters are like cops!!!

They are SOBs when they write you a ticket...

But who do you want at your front door when you call 911 for break-in???

"What is LTL Freight?

LTL shipments typically weigh between 100 and 10,000 lbs. Less than truckload carriers collect freight from various shippers and consolidate that freight onto enclosed trailers for linehaul to the delivering terminal or to a hub terminal where the freight will be further sorted and consolidated for additional linehauls."

"LTL transit times are dependent upon the makeup of the network of Terminals and Breakbulks that are operated by a given carrier and that carrier's beyond agents and interline partners."

Wikipedia can't be wrong...can it?
Holy Crap!! I had no idea that's what we do. Thanks for clearing that up. Press on