XPO | Fallen Souls

Darwin

TB Lurker
Credits
Just an update on company movement:

Memphis, TN .... terminal manager forced to resign or be fired. Reasons: unknown. However anyone visiting Memphis for FAC ops can guess why. It’s been referred to as a dumpster fire. DGM and such have tried to fix it.... they visit... it gets fixed somewhat, then goes into toilet week later.

Memphis, TN.... Regional HR manager..... forced to resign or be fired. Reasons: rumor is he was hiding details of misconduct of supervisors from corporate as reported by employees of XPO ... presumably to protect them.

NFI

Last edited by a moderator:
The ax is swinging this year for sure. Can't wait to see the fallout from the election. And what the short term future holds for XPO LTL. The people running this place have failed. They will blame the people below them. That's how it works. But the crystal palace has dropped the ball. This company demands failure. And it's getting it. Drivers are quitting. Shippers are quitting using us. And some places are telling them to stop sending freight with us. That they won't accept it. All we do is destroy everything.

Good times. Good times.

The ax is swinging this year for sure. Can't wait to see the fallout from the election. And what the short term future holds for XPO LTL. The people running this place have failed. They will blame the people below them. That's how it works. But the crystal palace has dropped the ball. This company demands failure. And it's getting it. Drivers are quitting. Shippers are quitting using us. And some places are telling them to stop sending freight with us. That they won't accept it. All we do is destroy everything.

Good times. Good times.
Yep. They can’t see the forest from the trees. That’s what happens when you look at numbers on a screen, and don’t go out into the real world.

Good times. Good times.
As long as cost cutting to keep the numbers good takes President the pattern will hold . We are slaves to Wall Street.

Good times. Good times.
I am not so much blown away by the blatant damages as the fact that it is being done without so much as a glance by supervisors

Good times. Good times.
You say that but at our terminal the yard is completely filled with Freight. We're hiring drivers. We're working on Saturday. It's Balls to the walls Non-Stop. So just because your terminal is having a little problem you think you know what's going on everywhere else. You couldn't be more wrong.

You say that but at our terminal the yard is completely filled with Freight. We're hiring drivers. We're working on Saturday. It's Balls to the walls Non-Stop. So just because your terminal is having a little problem you think you know what's going on everywhere else. You couldn't be more wrong.
Same here or inbound is not that bad but the O/B is massive. Leaving loads sit every night. Just this past Wed before the holiday we had 10 load uncovered only two were back pick. This happens every night load are left uncovered. We all thought they would increase or LH board but they didn't. We are one short on our LH board and everyone worked the 3 days before thanksgiving and still had 10 uncovered loads on Wed. This is not just the 3-5 day freight sitting it next day too.

I am happy to hear that this is the case. Job security and all. Similarly, just because you are doing well at your terminal you think you know what's going on everywhere else. You couldn't be more wrong.

Same here or inbound is not that bad but the O/B is massive. Leaving loads sit every night. Just this past Wed before the holiday we had 10 load uncovered only two were back pick. This happens every night load are left uncovered. We all thought they would increase or LH board but they didn't. We are one short on our LH board and everyone worked the 3 days before thanksgiving and still had 10 uncovered loads on Wed. This is not just the 3-5 day freight sitting it next day too.

Amazing. Maybe some day XPO will get into the freight business ? Invest in it's drivers and equipment ? Pfft. Right.

I am happy to hear that this is the case. Job security and all. Similarly, just because you are doing well at your terminal you think you know what's going on everywhere else. You couldn't be more wrong.
I never posted anything of that nature. You are looking for failure. I did not offer it to you in my post. Do not try to invent words that I did not say. I simply stated at my terminal things are balls to the wall. And I told high-speed that his blanket statement of how bad things were weren't necessarily true. I reject what you said. I never stated what you suggested. I will now do like you did and make a wild assumption. I believe that you are a pro-union employee. In which case if that is true I will ignore everything you've ever said, everything you're saying now and everything you'll say in the future. Union guys are garbage.

We are in need of 8 drivers . Are inbound and outbound are 1 million pounds a day combined. That’s not even counting 2 guys out with Covid . We can’t find a single driver since July.

There are always terminals that feel little affect from Freight fluctuations for the most part . Then there are terminals that are always overwhelmed. It’s very difficult for those at these lower volume terminals to understand the frustration of drivers at the overwhelmed terminals. Some areas are still able to find drivers while others can’t find a single one . Our freight volume at my terminal is up nearly 40% this year over last and we are doing it with 10 less drivers .

I never posted anything of that nature. You are looking for failure. I did not offer it to you in my post. Do not try to invent words that I did not say. I simply stated at my terminal things are balls to the wall. And I told high-speed that his blanket statement of how bad things were weren't necessarily true. I reject what you said. I never stated what you suggested. I will now do like you did and make a wild assumption. I believe that you are a pro-union employee. In which case if that is true I will ignore everything you've ever said, everything you're saying now and everything you'll say in the future. Union guys are garbage.

Holy crap. Go ahead and ignore me. I don't need some Antifa loving millennial having a full blown break down over literally saying to them what they said to me. Here's your participation trophy. Now be a good boy and click the ignore button. Please and thank you.

There are always terminals that feel little affect from Freight fluctuations for the most part . Then there are terminals that are always overwhelmed. It’s very difficult for those at these lower volume terminals to understand the frustration of drivers at the overwhelmed terminals. Some areas are still able to find drivers while others can’t find a single one . Our freight volume at my terminal is up nearly 40% this year over last and we are doing it with 10 less drivers .

We got hit very hard this week. People coming from other terminals to help next week. They have hired a few. But they leave pretty quickly. To many options in this market. And this company does not value it's drivers.