XPO | Fallen Souls

We got hit very hard this week. People coming from other terminals to help next week. They have hired a few. But they leave pretty quickly. To many options in this market. And this company does not value it's drivers.
I have a hard time finding a employee at any company that feels they are valued, usually small family companies are your best chance at being valued. Does anyone know of a corporate company that puts the employees first?

I have a hard time finding a employee at any company that feels they are valued, usually small family companies are your best chance at being valued. Does anyone know of a corporate company that puts the employees first?
Their is one problem with a small family company. Yes they put value in the people they hire, but Family always comes first. I seen it first hand. No matter what you do there motto is always Family first. I seen very qualified people let go to make room for a family memeber

To many options in this market.
That is the main reason pay rates have gone up the last few years. When you have more companies competing for the same employees pay and other benefits go up. To attract and to keep employees. We all have our reasons for staying or going. Some don't have the market options or in my case it would be more hours and less pay. Yes there are good parts and bad parts about XPO but in my area XPO is the top payer. I talk to other driver and hear the hours they work. average pay is 20-22/hr with no OT. Most of these guys are working 65+ hrs per week and at 22/hrs that's only 74K per year. were i do average 60 per week on LH and will make over 100K plus some of the other perks like the amount of PTO time we get.
I know some leave because they just want to drive a truck and that's fine but others like me are here for money and when something comes along better I'm gone. In all my years being a Truck Driver the higher paying jobs were the one we you did more then drive.

That’s sad

I don't feel that it is sad at all. Garbage in, garbage out. It starts with Jacobs. No one gives a crap about this company. What happens to its customers. Or its employees. To hell with all of it. It's what the man wants. It's his company. He gets to do with it as he wants to. Whatever.

That is the main reason pay rates have gone up the last few years. When you have more companies competing for the same employees pay and other benefits go up. To attract and to keep employees. We all have our reasons for staying or going. Some don't have the market options or in my case it would be more hours and less pay. Yes there are good parts and bad parts about XPO but in my area XPO is the top payer. I talk to other driver and hear the hours they work. average pay is 20-22/hr with no OT. Most of these guys are working 65+ hrs per week and at 22/hrs that's only 74K per year. were i do average 60 per week on LH and will make over 100K plus some of the other perks like the amount of PTO time we get.
I know some leave because they just want to drive a truck and that's fine but others like me are here for money and when something comes along better I'm gone. In all my years being a Truck Driver the higher paying jobs were the one we you did more then drive.

And the compensation at XPO has not kept up with the competition. At least not where I am. And they are all up in arms about why the survey came back super negative. And why guys with 20 years are quitting. And now they want to do a pig roast and play some corn hole thinking that will make things better. And it won't. It's to late. You lost those hardworking get 'er done types. They all gone now. All you got left is people trapped by poor health or old age and a bunch of kids that spend all day on social media and bring half the trailer back everyday.

Don't get me started on cost of living. I am making way less money now than the same driver in the 80's when you adjust for inflation. Years of profits have amounted to small raises for the back bone of this operation. And those raises are then completely wiped out by increases in medical coverage costs. More money to the man at the top. Record setting performance. Bottom of the barrel rewards for the effort. How to become a billionaire in three easy steps. Lie. Cheat. Steal. Bingo bango. You're rich.

Just an update on company movement:

Memphis, TN .... terminal manager forced to resign or be fired. Reasons: unknown. However anyone visiting Memphis for FAC ops can guess why. It’s been referred to as a dumpster fire. DGM and such have tried to fix it.... they visit... it gets fixed somewhat, then goes into toilet week later.

Memphis, TN.... Regional HR manager..... forced to resign or be fired. Reasons: rumor is he was hiding details of misconduct of supervisors from corporate as reported by employees of XPO ... presumably to protect them.

NFI

I have heard that XPO is so cheap that many of these management are doubling their salaries going to other carriers. Holy crap. How do we have anyone left at all ?

And the compensation at XPO has not kept up with the competition. At least not where I am. And they are all up in arms about why the survey came back super negative. And why guys with 20 years are quitting. And now they want to do a pig roast and play some corn hole thinking that will make things better. And it won't. It's to late. You lost those hardworking get 'er done types. They all gone now. All you got left is people trapped by poor health or old age and a bunch of kids that spend all day on social media and bring half the trailer back everyday.

Don't get me started on cost of living. I am making way less money now than the same driver in the 80's when you adjust for inflation. Years of profits have amounted to small raises for the back bone of this operation. And those raises are then completely wiped out by increases in medical coverage costs. More money to the man at the top. Record setting performance. Bottom of the barrel rewards for the effort. How to become a billionaire in three easy steps. Lie. Cheat. Steal. Bingo bango. You're rich.
You get a Pig Roast.... I'm jealous!!!:lmao:

And they are all up in arms about why the survey came back super negative.
We were told that at my barn we had the lowest participation rate in our region. So the TM got a small group together and ask why. All of them said, it's just a waste of our time we done these before and everything still the same. One even said the rating did go low enough.
All you got left is people trapped by poor health or old age and a bunch of kids that spend all day on social media and bring half the trailer back everyday.
You forgot those in debt to there eyeballs and can't afford a pay cut to start some were else

I have heard that XPO is so cheap that many of these management are doubling their salaries going to other carriers. Holy crap. How do we have anyone left at all ?
I know of very good managers that have requested to transfer to other barns to move up in the company and were denied by there SCM....Some don't know that the SCM must approve any and all transfer of FOS in his barn. Most were sucked up by other carriers really quick

We were told that at my barn we had the lowest participation rate in our region. So the TM got a small group together and ask why. All of them said, it's just a waste of our time we done these before and everything still the same. One even said the rating did go low enough.

You forgot those in debt to there eyeballs and can't afford a pay cut to start some were else

Also, it's confidential. Now enter your badge number.