XPO | Falsifying accident reports

hawaiianpizza

TB Lurker
Credits
I've noticed more and more people are getting fired for this. Has anyone else noticed?

I wonder how much conway expects ones story to match up with videos? What if small details don't match? Are you toast?

mean, If someone fails to mention they're on their phone and the camera says otherwise, I understand. But at what point does it become a terminable offense?

I've noticed more and more people are getting fired for this. Has anyone else noticed?

I wonder how much conway expects ones story to match up with videos? What if small details don't match? Are you toast?

mean, If someone fails to mention they're on their phone and the camera says otherwise, I understand. But at what point does it become a terminable offense?
We lost a guy who fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended a truck at 55 mph. drive cam showed his eyes closing and his head nodding down. He claims to this day he had a problem with his brakes and was looking down at the petal. That is true dedication to save his job.

Falsified accident reports will get you fired at any of the LTL's not just CNWY, you stand a better chance of keeping your job by being honest and owning the responsibility for an accident. I've seen too many drivers lose good jobs by trying to lie their way out of pretty minor accidents that at worst would have resulted in a warning letter for a chargeable accident.

We lost a guy who fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended a truck at 55 mph. drive cam showed his eyes closing and his head nodding down. He claims to this day he had a problem with his brakes and was looking down at the petal. That is true dedication to save his job.
pull over and take a nap. common sense dictates that humans arent naturally awake at night. everyone gets tired, and its cheaper to take a nap.

I haven't heard of anyone getting fired for it, but I'm sure it's happened. It's best just be a little vague, it's amazing how our brains can skew things. I seen a TV show on this where they showed a video of a crime, then asked questions about it. I got a few wrong that I believed I was right until I rewatched it. I'd start by saying something like, "This is how I remember it, some things are a little fuzzy." They if they say the video shows different, I'd just say, "Possibly, a lot happened."

They'll take the cameras out when they start running out of drivers. If I pick my nose and stick the booger on the steering wheel, will I get fired? How about if they watch me eat it?

They'll take the cameras out when they start running out of drivers. If I pick my nose and stick the booger on the steering wheel, will I get fired? How about if they watch me eat it?
nobody is watching you do anything. It's an event recorder. if you worked here, you would understand how they work. All companies will have them in the next 5-7 years. They are proof the accident wasn't your fault. FMCSA ranks conway top in the industry in safety.. look it up. And it's because of the cameras. They saved tons of money and they are not going anywhere. Deal with it..besides we keep getting these good raises because of all the extra money they are saving. It' all in black and white. look it up.

Falsified accident reports will get you fired at any of the LTL's not just CNWY, you stand a better chance of keeping your job by being honest and owning the responsibility for an accident. I've seen too many drivers lose good jobs by trying to lie their way out of pretty minor accidents that at worst would have resulted in a warning letter for a chargeable accident.
And if you are in the 'right', the camera will prove it. just sayin'

They will help you before the will hurt you. if your honest.

better to say "i dont know", or "i cant remember", rather than paint yourself into a corner with facts that arent true.
Get your proper rest, obey all traffic laws..do the best you can, and you wont have to do any of that stuff. When your driving, you should be only driving and that's it.

Just my thoughts, and i admit up front, i have some odd ones. Say nothing, to anyone, especially the police at the scene. Make no statements, at all, other than I've been involved in an incident, and would like to speak with an attorney before i answer any questions. Do not fill out the accident report form, or any other documents, until you speak with an attorney who is representing "your" interests. What (if anything) can be "proven" from other people's statements, and/or the "cam", is out of your control, but, what you can control, is your mouth. I would suggest you do so. ;):rolleyes:

nobody is watching you do anything. It's an event recorder. if you worked here, you would understand how they work. All companies will have them in the next 5-7 years. They are proof the accident wasn't your fault. FMCSA ranks conway top in the industry in safety.. look it up. And it's because of the cameras. They saved tons of money and they are not going anywhere. Deal with it..besides we keep getting these good raises because of all the extra money they are saving. It' all in black and white. look it up.
It's not proof of anything, it does not record until you have made sudden movement which usually happens after the event causing the incident, such as a vehicle making a sudden lane change in front of you.

It's not proof of anything, it does not record until you have made sudden movement which usually happens after the event causing the incident, such as a vehicle making a sudden lane change in front of you.
It does catch the event. When it is triggered it records the last 8 seconds and the next 4 seconds.

Yeah, that's what I said..wasn't it?

If u get taken aside about a so called incident that camera will watch u when it is green so they r watching . ask ur safety man beer. I'm sure he knows. So its not just when it goes off. Now if u haven't had one ur OK.