Fed Ex accused of biggest mileage fraud in American History

Question is, are they contractors owned vans and it’s just our name on the side or are they actually fedexs. Media stories like to make us look bad without disclosing the real truth
Yeah, are we REALLY supposed to start believing ANY media reports? Especially after the last few years?.

Everything FedEx does is so documented as to be highly unlikely to be fraudulent. When odometers are changed there are multiple paper trails.

Sorry. I can be as disgruntled as the next guy, but this seems to be a stretch. But we'll see.

Just had one replaced on my personal vehicle , it was not cheap , and I asked all the questions in regards to that . I'll say from what our mechanic told me it's not something you want to be part of and there is a core charge with a barcode on it . They can tell if tampered with he has seen them come in . They got my new one in and all my settings and milage were correct . I'm good with honesty .

Just had one replaced on my personal vehicle , it was not cheap , and I asked all the questions in regards to that . I'll say from what our mechanic told me it's not something you want to be part of and there is a core charge with a barcode on it . They can tell if tampered with he has seen them come in . They got my new one in and all my settings and milage were correct . I'm good with honesty .
Some poor sap trying to start a small business bought R11801 with 1.2 million on it and realized what a pile of junk they are stuck with now

I heard this on the news on my way home from work. Apparently dealers were buying these and selling them. And this mileage difference wasnt noticed until the vehicle went to Freightliner. Because the computer keeps track. And the computer did not meet the dash. It is weird coming from Fed Ex. Apparently its a lot of vehicles. So when buying something like this, get a ppi, just to make sure you know what your geting.

That has to be isolated incidents, and I suspect Ground.
No way FX is rolling odometers back en masse. Ground, where the contractors are selling their old units independently? , sure.

Express and Freight simply send their old units off to auction. No one would have any incentive to get more for an older unit with less miles.

That has to be isolated incidents, and I suspect Ground.
No way FX is rolling odometers back en masse. Ground, where the contractors are selling their old units independently? , sure.

Express and Freight simply send their old units off to auction. No one would have any incentive to get more for an older unit with less miles.
If what you say is true, why did FX ship 5 cases of speedometer heads to Big Dave's home?
While on furlough he was swapping speedometers as a part-time job. :1036316054: :poke:

With all the data these trucks produce + eld miles + fuel mileage when fueling etc I see no way this is even possible
The ECM is a permanent record for miles & engine hours. All that is needed to see that is to hook up a diagnostic tool. That can also be printed. I don't think a company this size would intentionally sell a fleet of tractors with altered odometers. A small dealer might try but the penalty for altering an odometer would not make it worth it. Even a contractor owned fleet leased to FedEx with FedEx decals would be foolish to try this.

When I had R131xx, maintenance had to replace the odometer. They put a sticker in the door jam that showed the mileage that was on the truck when the odometer was replaced and told me that was required by federal law. They said the sticker had to be there when they sold the tractor as well.

I'm 64 , as a youngster I can remember my Dad telling me and showing me how to ROLL BACK a odometer .
It was a car we were going to junk and it did not matter but he said never do it they will catch you sooner or
latter . Now you have to jail break the ECM and better not get caught . Even then I'll bet you can find the mod

I'm 64 , as a youngster I can remember my Dad telling me and showing me how to ROLL BACK a odometer .
It was a car we were going to junk and it did not matter but he said never do it they will catch you sooner or
latter . Now you have to jail break the ECM and better not get caught . Even then I'll bet you can find the mod