FedEx Freight | Fedex buys Genco

Because most shippers want their freight in a timely manner. BTW that is our specialty at Big Purple. We don't hold freight like YRC. We get it there on time. That's a big part of why we surpassed you and are now number 1.

I can tell you straight up there driver......Cost will be the determining factor in a majority of cases. Those 3 day lanes will see a great deal of business.

Because most shippers want their freight in a timely manner. BTW that is our specialty at Big Purple. We don't hold freight like YRC. We get it there on time. That's a big part of why we surpassed you and are now number 1.
That's some funny stuff, there hand. We don't hold freight, lol. R&L, OD andOak Harbor are very thankful for the customers whose freight we've held.

Fed ex and ups have been playing the 'keeping up with the jonses' game for years.
FedEx gets a freight arm, ups does too.
Ups branches out into warehousing and FedEx follows suit.
I just hope FedEx gets rid of the genco employees and hires people that actually work.
At Those camp Hill, PA genco warehouses you can spend over a hour there delivering 2 skids..

Hi,

I'm not sure where you received that info about the PA site but here in Henderson our goals are much, much higher than 2 skids and I'm sure their's are as well. We work off of labor management systems and the goals ARE met...trust me! You don't end up one of the largest 3PL companies by doing 2 skids per hour! I do work for Genco and I manage my team with pride. You meet the goals or go home and our guys not only meet them they actually enjoy working here at our site. We are a family and have fun while we work. We are highly motivated and take pride in meeting the standards and goals our customers expect. There are great opportunities within Genco for everyone and FedEx is an exciting venture for us. I am teammate who worked from the floor as a lift driver to an Ops manager in 5 years! Genco looks out for it's people. I've been successful in this position for 4 years. I never failed an audit and always have met my goals because of the respect I have for the workers and the hard work they put out in return for the appreciation. Genco is a quality team and our people are overjoyed for the opportunity to now be a part of the FedEx family. I'm in the to know group and trust me when I say we will deliver a standard of excellence to FedEx!

New member welcome to the site. Glad you are confident in your company. Not going to go full negative on you but come back in one year after FedEx comes in and does the complete opposite of what they promised you. I'm sure you will dance another tune. There is way to many employees on here that felt the same way when FedEx purchaced there company and now it doesn't represent there past company at all. Good luck

Ahhh dang. Only1's post got deleted or I can't see it somehow. But according to Gator, I guess he had a rebuttal to the OP. I would love to hear from the 3pl employees who defend some of their companies business practices.

Its still there big Dave. He replyed as a quote. Hit the expand on the post.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm not sure where you received that info about the PA site but here in Henderson our goals are much, much higher than 2 skids and I'm sure their's are as well. We work off of labor management systems and the goals ARE met...trust me! You don't end up one of the largest 3PL companies by doing 2 skids per hour! I do work for Genco and I manage my team with pride. You meet the goals or go home and our guys not only meet them they actually enjoy working here at our site. We are a family and have fun while we work. We are highly motivated and take pride in meeting the standards and goals our customers expect. There are great opportunities within Genco for everyone and FedEx is an exciting venture for us. I am teammate who worked from the floor as a lift driver to an Ops manager in 5 years! Genco looks out for it's people. I've been successful in this position for 4 years. I never failed an audit and always have met my goals because of the respect I have for the workers and the hard work they put out in return for the appreciation. Genco is a quality team and our people are overjoyed for the opportunity to now be a part of the FedEx family. I'm in the to know group and trust me when I say we will deliver a standard of excellence to FedEx!

Sounds like you have a great organization there. Your enthusiasm is quite high. Most on hear were similarly enthusiastic about the companies we worked for. I'm not going to tell you that it is all bad. It's not. It won't change over night, either. But there will come a point, where you will be told: This is not "GENCO" anymore.:idunno:

Welcome aboard.:grouphug:

genco is in the return freight business.walmart ,target.lowes,and so on.freight wants all the return freight from retail.genco reships to salvage and re sellers of returned goods.warehouse in front of nas center is genco.