FedEx Freight | FedEx Commercial Times

gtrdone

TB Veteran
Credits
Not sure if this needs to be in the Sports Thread.. But it pertains to us, so here it is..

FedEx To Air Two Super Bowl Commercials For First Time:
For the first time in its history, FedEx will be airing two commercials during a Super Bowl this Sunday. Be on the lookout during the following times for the each of the commercials:

“Moon Office” – 3rd commercial break of the game (appr. midway through the first quarter)
“Not What It Seems” – 17th commercial break of the game (appr. beginning of the fourth quarter)

GtRdOnE :smilie_132:

Did not get to the top 5 of America's Most recognized brands by not spending it..

I guarantee you it was a pretty penny..

I just hope they are as good as the one last year!

Thats what its all about now.. We all know it.. It use to be how much you could buy the customer, or what kind of tickets you got them.. Now its about who has the biggest name!

I think it's pretty cool though..

I would rather it be spent here in the U.S. than on the side of a track in Spain..

One thing about FedEx and the Marketing campaigns.. You hear alot of ppl at FXFE complain about the money that is spent on advertising.. But, you don't hear any of them complain about the movie 'Castaway' and the Money that was spent on it.. Came out when we were first bought out..

Matter of fact.. If most of the ppl that were with AF think back.. The first FedEx commercial on the Super Bowl, that I remember, was the Castaway commercial.. and I remember being so proud.. thinking.. "Thats where I work"...

Spoiled.. we are are so spoiled....

I always figured advertising was a tax write off. Figured in with cost of running the business.
Used to be that way with small business. Don't know about large corporations.
Then again.....Might depend on your accountant.........

You know you have a good brand marketed when the name of your company becomes a verb, example:

I'm going to FedEx this to you today.

roog

i'm glad you reminded me of last years commercial made me laugh and spit apple juice on my already crappy key board.they should air that more often.I don't mind the company spending the money on advertisements just like the 11 car sponsor ship. its great.many people say the 11 is a waste of fx dollars but is it?no and here is why.say a commercial costs a million to make between directors actors logistics and everything else then you have to buy air time and you need to keep making new ones to keep the company image fresh.so after buying air time for all the major sporting events and prime time t v you spent 50 million in ads.by sponsoring a race car think about how much time your company name is seen on tv especially with a bad @$$ like deny driving.it adds up to hours for a bargain price.in one race you might see the fx car on your screen for over an hour a comercial that cost you over a mil is only 30 seconds.by a race seasons end you might have had your race car on the screen for people to see for more than 24 hours.sorry so long winded i got alot on my mind and the trucking boards are helping me relax.

i'm glad you reminded me of last years commercial made me laugh and spit apple juice on my already crappy key board.they should air that more often.I don't mind the company spending the money on advertisements just like the 11 car sponsor ship. its great.many people say the 11 is a waste of fx dollars but is it?no and here is why.say a commercial costs a million to make between directors actors logistics and everything else then you have to buy air time and you need to keep making new ones to keep the company image fresh.so after buying air time for all the major sporting events and prime time t v you spent 50 million in ads.by sponsoring a race car think about how much time your company name is seen on tv especially with a bad @$$ like deny driving.it adds up to hours for a bargain price.in one race you might see the fx car on your screen for over an hour a comercial that cost you over a mil is only 30 seconds.by a race seasons end you might have had your race car on the screen for people to see for more than 24 hours.sorry so long winded i got alot on my mind and the trucking boards are helping me relax.
And did you notice how much FOX showed that 11 car last year...

That Black and Red is gonna be a BAD A$$ in '07...

It's funny the other day I was thinking how often I see Fed-Ex on tv in the back ground scenes. Often wonder if they supply the trucks or if they just happen to be in the background. I was flipping thru the channels ( my wife calls it that, I call it multi-tasking) and I stopped on worlds greast cops or something and saw a guy in NAS running from the cops and ran across the interstate and almost ran into the side of a AF truck. I do know my wife worked for a dairy company and they got a call from the show ER for products for a scene they wanted it for free of course and got it.