FedEx Freight | "FedEx Package" Network

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
NOT Ground. NOT Express. Package.

So, it seems that this was to be shared with everyone. I'm willing to bet that it was not.

This applies to the Package side (Not Freight - yet), so if you are not interested, feel free to move along to another topic.

Also, it seems that the terms "Ground and Express" are going away. Instead they refer to them as "Legacy Operating Companies". Worth noting, I've noticed their newest Equipment on the road says only FedEx. No further distinction.

I find it interesting that (it seems) the important (high priority) packages will be primarily handled by FedEx "couriers". Regular run of the mill packages will be primarily handled by contractors.

It's worth knowing what your parent Corp is doing.

:popcorn:

j-Smith-press---pg1.md.jpeg

j-Smith-press---pg2.md.jpeg

j-Smith-press---pg3.md.jpeg

NOT Ground. NOT Express. Package.

So, it seems that this was to be shared with everyone. I'm willing to bet that it was not.

This applies to the Package side (Not Freight - yet), so if you are not interested, feel free to move along to another topic.

Also, it seems that the terms "Ground and Express" are going away. Instead they refer to them as "Legacy Operating Companies". Worth noting, I've noticed their newest Equipment on the road says only FedEx. No further distinction.

I find it interesting that (it seems) the important (high priority) packages will be primarily handled by FedEx "couriers". Regular run of the mill packages will be primarily handled by contractors.

It's worth knowing what your parent Corp is doing.

:popcorn:

j-Smith-press---pg1.md.jpeg

j-Smith-press---pg2.md.jpeg

j-Smith-press---pg3.md.jpeg
thanks for info swamp, and you are correct... not told anything ab out this, top notch communiciation

For all intents and purposes, Freight might was well not be under the Fx "umbrella" for as much (little) as this will affect you guys.

Be thankful you're not part of this. Unless there's some variable not seen, I think Freight will simply operate as it is. There's really no consolidation to do. Integration with package simply isn't fesable. Aside from Express handing off their heavyweight to Freight, for delivery, I don't see much changing.

Last edited:
Leaves Freddie & friends free to move equipment around and cut costs.
These package delivery trucks around my town should not be on the road JUNK.
Drivers thats a whole other subject .

Leaves Freddie & friends free to move equipment around and cut costs.
These package delivery trucks around my town should not be on the road JUNK.
Drivers thats a whole other subject .

Good thing FedEx doesn't own those trucks, and doesn't employ those drivers

So third party teen agers with a van will toss crap onto your door and take off.

When you call Fedex and demand fix it they say its not our problem. Contact contractor. Poof it gets mighty peaceful in Fedex land.