FedEx Freight | FedEx possible Union target now?

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
Bruce Chan of Stifel Financial/ Global Logistics was quoted saying “with the new aggressive leadership of the Teamsters i see FedEx & Amazon as two high priority targets of O’Brien and the Teamsters now”.

I think the timing of this was interesting with what happened this week with YRC, not to mention them flexing their muscles with what they accomplished with UPS, ABF, and TForce. I do talk to and listen to a lot of guys around this place and i know people are unhappy with the direction of FDXF with closing of terminals, them not going after freight while guys are sitting home, the rise of PT, the healthcare, just to name a few. These topics have always been concerns of ours for years around here i know, but now we’re seeing the mergers of operating divisions here now and people worried about contractors taking their linehaul runs too now. Basically just a lot of very low moral is the point. So my question is could this be a perfect storm where FedEx having another push but more aggressive be a reality? I’m not advocating for a union or not whatsoever, nor do i care what your opinions are on the unions, we all have our own thoughts on them and i respect ALL the opinions of all of you guys. But after hearing the interview with that guy on FW it just got me thinking that maybe we are a ripe target for them considering everything going on.

I'm sure the teamsters would like to have FedEx go union. I was on a dock work bid the last couple of years until a few months ago. I can say that union talks among employees have risen. We got a lot of people sitting at home not working consistently company wide. Fedex is a big family when things are going good. But you will be thrown away without a second thought when things are slow.

When leadership has no care for the backbone of the company and it clearly shows that it is not about people and everyone is a number you must stand up. Now if the approach goes as the last... than the push will fall on it's face. It is not a fair battle by any means and a battle will be how it is approached from the company.

I ask everyone that is an hourly employee... Who is the your voice because without a voice you have no power... without power you have to accept everything right or wrong. I very much dislike what I have seen and how people are treated and my wish is that all voices are heard.

When leadership has no care for the backbone of the company and it clearly shows that it is not about people and everyone is a number you must stand up. Now if the approach goes as the last... than the push will fall on it's face. It is not a fair battle by any means and a battle will be how it is approached from the company.

I ask everyone that is an hourly employee... Who is the your voice because without a voice you have no power... without power you have to accept everything right or wrong. I very much dislike what I have seen and how people are treated and my wish is that all voices are heard.
You will always be a number.

If it has sailed than explain why that is your thinking?
The Co. workforce has changed quite a bit since 2014 for one thing. # B with the current economy and drivers sitting at home the vast majority of working drivers will not want to risk having freight run around them like the last time. #3 we are in what I call the post covid malaise. People have lost the ability to stand up as a collective even in if it means having a hand in their own demise. You might say what about the teamsters ratifying contracts at UPS etc. ? The union was already there long before any of the current workers started and Fedex would be very difficult to organize since you have to go to each and every ctr instead of a co. wide vote. I also would like to say I would love to be proven wrong.

Y'all will try to get the teamsters in again likely, and it will fail for the simple fact that more people hate the teamsters union even more than they hate fedex management and how the company is being ran.

Union talks get nowhere and people walk away from the table when you mention it'd be teamsters.

No it will fail because when it’s time to put their money where their mouth is they remember they’re living beyond their means and in debt up to their eyeballs so they sell their soul to the company. This bullshit about hating the Teamsters is nothing more than a lame excuse to make these guys, (yes guys and not men) feel better about not living up to their principles. You’re all just whistlin’ Dixie.

The Co. workforce has changed quite a bit since 2014 for one thing. # B with the current economy and drivers sitting at home the vast majority of working drivers will not want to risk having freight run around them like the last time. #3 we are in what I call the post covid malaise. People have lost the ability to stand up as a collective even in if it means having a hand in their own demise. You might say what about the teamsters ratifying contracts at UPS etc. ? The union was already there long before any of the current workers started and Fedex would be very difficult to organize since you have to go to each and every ctr instead of a co. wide vote. I also would like to say I would love to be proven wrong.
I see some of points and clearly can understand your thinking. That was the problem with the last time it was center by center and it is not a fair battle so to speak. A lot of cut throat and I mean cut throat things were done. Deals were made to sway votes etc.. But it did make them fight and realize oh dang we are losing our power.. The after effect lasted but has soon burned away. Heck they closed the last center and even moved freight around to do so. It would take a lock in step by the entire group and I don't believe that can hold.

Bruce Chan of Stifel Financial/ Global Logistics was quoted saying “with the new aggressive leadership of the Teamsters i see FedEx & Amazon as two high priority targets of O’Brien and the Teamsters now”.

I think the timing of this was interesting with what happened this week with YRC, not to mention them flexing their muscles with what they accomplished with UPS, ABF, and TForce. I do talk to and listen to a lot of guys around this place and i know people are unhappy with the direction of FDXF with closing of terminals, them not going after freight while guys are sitting home, the rise of PT, the healthcare, just to name a few. These topics have always been concerns of ours for years around here i know, but now we’re seeing the mergers of operating divisions here now and people worried about contractors taking their linehaul runs too now. Basically just a lot of very low moral is the point. So my question is could this be a perfect storm where FedEx having another push but more aggressive be a reality? I’m not advocating for a union or not whatsoever, nor do i care what your opinions are on the unions, we all have our own thoughts on them and i respect ALL the opinions of all of you guys. But after hearing the interview with that guy on FW it just got me thinking that maybe we are a ripe target for them considering everything going on.
With out much threat of the union now things will continue to get worse. Never been a better time than now. Then xpo, then Estes.none of these have the debt yellow had, that is what killed them. Look at the profit abt and T Force make. Look at the profit Holland and new penn had before the parasite got a hold of them.