FedEx Freight | FedEx Recession Proof

Yes, daily.
Prices go up, ::shit:: costs more, people buy less, less stuff to ship.
Fuel goes up, places charge more, people buy less, less stuff to ship.
Cost to borrow goes up, companies raise prices, people buy less, less stuff to ship.

Less stuff to ship, less people needed to ship it.

It damn sure ain't recession proof,and FxF is heading into this one with quality, tenured employees leaving en masse, and about 10yrs or more behind on technology. They've stagnated as a company for a while now, and I'm almost convinced that they want to sell off Freight, or completely change the model.
They're not making any investment into Freight or it's employees,and have not for some time
20/20 was an absolute catastrophe.
The recession will end, and Freight will emerge far behind lesser carriers that took this time to shore up.

Another downside is that since Fx failed to give a quality raise during the last 4 VERY lucrative years, you think they're about to give one now, on the cusp of a recession AND with record inflation?

It ain't looking good.

Last edited:
Yes, daily.
Prices go up, **** costs more, people buy less, less stuff to ship.
Fuel goes up, places charge more, people buy less, less stuff to ship.
Cost to borrow goes up, companies raise prices, people buy less, less stuff to ship.

Less stuff to ship, less people needed to ship it.

It damn sure ain't recession proof,and FxF is heading into this one with quality, tenured employees leaving en masse, and about 10yrs or more behind on technology. They've stagnated as a company for a while now, and I'm almost convinced that they want to sell off Freight, or completely change the model.
They're not making any investment into Freight or it's employees,and have not for some time
20/20 was an absolute catastrophe.
The recession will end, and Freight will emerge far behind lesser carriers that took this time to shore up.

Another downside is that since Fx failed to give a quality raise during the last 4 VERY lucrative years, you think they're about to give one now, on the cusp of a recession AND with record inflation?

It ain't looking good.
Right on the money with your last statement

Stagnated pay and benefits also speaks volumes to them selling.
Potential buyer doesn't want to aquire anyone who just bumped pay a lot, and be expected by their newly acquired workforce to uphold that.

The recession is coming. Time to prepare is now if you have not seen it inbound. Count me in as one of the 20+ year drivers making plans to leave.

I know at my center in '08 or so they offered optional severance packages because layoffs were looking like a strong possibility. I think it was one month's pay for every year worked.

We did also go through several months a bit later where full time dock was limited to six hour days for a while. Keep in mind this occurred at a major hub, so be prepared for anything.

6 hour days have already started for dock at the hub I run to. Nightly announcements for no need to take a lunch FT dock. Supervisors are loving it. Shorter days same pay for them.

New labor data just released says that labor costs have jumped 11%,and it is NOT due to increased wages, but the burden of cost associated with employees quitting, and the cost to hire and train replacements.

Lol. The causes of inflation are bi-partisan, but these bastards sure don’t know when to quit…..:cuss:
Shutting the world down falls squarely at the left's feet.
Democrat govenors shutting down everything, and keeping it shut down are a huge reason.

Basically everything done in reaponse to covid was wrong. Then, to **** all over better judgment, we paid people 2,and 3x what they usually made to sit on their ass. So, they spent,and bought until the supply of everything was exhausted. Yet people continued to not work, but kept buying.
Now everything is effed. I'm no fan of Republicans, but this is absolutely the result of the left's policies.

Shutting the world down falls squarely at the left's feet.
Democrat govenors shutting down everything, and keeping it shut down are a huge reason.

Basically everything done in reaponse to covid was wrong. Then, to **** all over better judgment, we paid people 2,and 3x what they usually made to sit on their ass. So, they spent,and bought until the supply of everything was exhausted. Yet people continued to not work, but kept buying.
Now everything is effed. I'm no fan of Republicans, but this is absolutely the result of the left's

We had a Republican President and Congress when the handouts started. Yes the current administration has done nothing to help the situation. Just remember the divide and conquer is in full effect. These politicians don't give two ***** about us. That's on both sides of aisle.

"So it's not up. So we can't say the economy is, like, super strong and roaring real fast, and we're turning down freight left and right."

Freight is down, so, it's not up?
Yeah, got that Professor.

Then they say they're turning down freight left and right?

Uh, wat?

Drunk article aside, yeah. A recession is coming. If for no other reason that it's self fulfilling at this point.

Yet another reason Fx will dick it's drivers at "raise" time.
"Yeah, due to economic slowdown..."

Uh huh.
As opposed to nearly 4 straight years of record profits and workers STILL saw shameful 4% bumps.

"So it's not up. So we can't say the economy is, like, super strong and roaring real fast, and we're turning down freight left and right."

Freight is down, so, it's not up?
Yeah, got that Professor.

Then they say they're turning down freight left and right?

Uh, wat?

Drunk article aside, yeah. A recession is coming. If for no other reason that it's self fulfilling at this point.

Yet another reason Fx will dick it's drivers at "raise" time.
"Yeah, due to economic slowdown...
"

Uh huh.
As opposed to nearly 4 straight years of record profits and workers STILL saw shameful 4% bumps.

That's what I'm expecting. FedEx usually goes last, after all the LTL companies announce there's. Hopefully the others don't cheap out too, and FedEx is forced to compete.

That's what I'm expecting. FedEx usually goes last, after all the LTL companies announce there's. Hopefully the others don't cheap out too, and FedEx is forced to compete.
I feel your pain Streak, but history has shown us how this will go. I remain optimistic for you guys but prepare for little or nothing at all. Ya just can't claim to be surprised.