FedEx Freight | Fedex vs Vitran

Oh...I didn't know of the no manager...any of the drivers around from the Quast's days that you know of???
what is the correct way to say this, (man)ager or (woman)ager...just looking to be correct. lol

got phone call tonight,,,, yes new TM for Appleton is Molly, formerly of Mauston WI Fed Ex Freight, but still don't know who Asst TM is going to be

The problem with Vitran is that they think paying old red shirts a higher salary will make them better. They still SUCK when it comes to paying the employees that matter and that's it's drivers. One of these days these big corporations will realize that DRIVERS can make or break their goals. Who has more customer contact than the driver?

agree. i met her last friday, she didnt say it, but we got the hint she is the boss and if you dont like it, there is the door. fe drivers have said she is a stickler for rules and procedures, just what a few of these guys need from a boss.

Rules and procedures (⊙▃⊙)s usually are a little short in the common sense quota. Might be why they have to rely so heavily on rules and procedures.

Rules and procedures (⊙▃⊙)s usually are a little short in the common sense quota. Might be why they have to rely so heavily on rules and procedures.

Rules and procedures are intended to make all centers run alike, which is great (no surprises). Try to follow the rules to the best of your ability (as a supervisor) and your a "(⊙▃⊙)", dont follow them and you are either a "good guy", or a "horse's ass", according to which path you take. But, unless you are domiciled at that particular center, ie. those who come in on a via. you haven't got a clue as to what is expected of you.

maybe if more tm's were following the rules, so many would not be getting the boot? if you follow the rules and still have issues, it may not save your but, but you can say you did it the way they wanted

RC, surely you remember the Castles in the west. Each service center was a castle and the SCM was king. He made up his own rules and did as he liked in the name of "common sense". Knowing the whims and wishes of every centers manager was impossible. If the rules are the same everywhere, you know what's expected of you. While it does mean that occasionally things get done a little crazy, oh well. One army, one regulation.

ST

As far as linehaul goes, RC longs for the good old Blue Canoe days. With local, terminal level control of linehaul, my yard has gone from a castle to .... I don't know what, what's the next step up?
My ASCM revels in his new found power to be able to "interpret how to implement the guidelines in the employee manual". Whether or not he interprets then correctly is immaterial. We're what, three years into this and he still doesn't get it.

As far as linehaul goes, RC longs for the good old Blue Canoe days. With local, terminal level control of linehaul, my yard has gone from a castle to .... I don't know what, what's the next step up?
My ASCM revels in his new found power to be able to "interpret how to implement the guidelines in the employee manual". Whether or not he interprets then correctly is immaterial. We're what, three years into this and he still doesn't get it.

RC, I understand your concern regarding central control versus local. Unfortunately, in this day and age; we've outgrown much of what Pete built. While I will admit I greatly enjoyed working under the western model, it's fatal flaws doomed it....

ST