Estes | Fence crash

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Coming through Knoxville the other morning a contractor carrier ran through the fence. Two hispanics operating it. One was in sleeper the other got out of truck, and i guess didn't pull the brakes so the truck and trailer rolled off.Crashed through fence and tractor went off drainage wall and the landing gear on the trailer caught the concrete and kept trailer from going off. Neither of them could speak English, but personnel found a dock worker there that could speak Spanish to talk to them. I thought you were required to speak English if you had a c.d.l on U.S roads. There company is taking care of repair costs.

Coming through Knoxville the other morning a contractor carrier ran through the fence. Two hispanics operating it. One was in sleeper the other got out of truck, and i guess didn't pull the brakes so the truck and trailer rolled off.Crashed through fence and tractor went off drainage wall and the landing gear on the trailer caught the concrete and kept trailer from going off. Neither of them could speak English, but personnel found a dock worker there that could speak Spanish to talk to them. I thought you were required to speak English if you had a c.d.l on U.S roads. There company is taking care of repair costs.
Driving with flip flops is illegal too,but they still drive with them!

We’re they at least wearing their safety vests?

I think he was referring to. It's illegal to drive without any shoes on.
Used to be a reg that you had to wear shoes with a heel on them… I think that one got taken off the books. My dad told me it also used to be a reg that you were only allowed white sheets on your bunk if you had a sleeper cab, just in case you had to assist in a crash and the motorist in question had injuries… that way no dye would get into any wounds and poison them.

Driving with flip flops is illegal too,but they still drive with them!
There's absolutely no regulation on foot wear in the FMCSA handbook. This is just another trucker tale that's been passed down from Billy Bob Rigger to William Robert Large Car and is believed to be the gospel. I can't stand flip flops and don't wear them and I personally wear work boots while driving my truck.

There's absolutely no regulation on foot wear in the FMCSA handbook. This is just another trucker tale that's been passed down from Billy Bob Rigger to William Robert Large Car and is believed to be the gospel. I can't stand flip flops and don't wear them and I personally wear work boots while driving my truck.
Swooshing flip flops and chewing gum snapping ruin most of my shopping outings

Better than caveman feets
When i was a young lad i wasn't allowed to wear shoes in the summer they were for school. Everywhere i went i was bare footed and after a while you developed some calluses and have some tough feet. Im tender footed now and if i step on a small pebble or acorn i get all wobbly legged and get mad at why didn't i just put my shoes on to walk to the mail box.

When i was a young lad i wasn't allowed to wear shoes in the summer they were for school. Everywhere i went i was bare footed and after a while you developed some calluses and have some tough feet. Im tender footed now and if i step on a small pebble or acorn i get all wobbly legged and get mad at why didn't i just put my shoes on to walk to the mail box.
I hate to inform you of this, but wives are for walking to the mail box. :poke:

Used to be a reg that you had to wear shoes with a heel on them… I think that one got taken off the books. My dad told me it also used to be a reg that you were only allowed white sheets on your bunk if you had a sleeper cab, just in case you had to assist in a crash and the motorist in question had injuries… that way no dye would get into any wounds and poison them.