Fiery Pileup Kills Two in California

hilemanhouse

TB Lurker
Credits
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (Oct. 13) - A crash in a rain-slicked Southern California freeway tunnel quickly turned into a fiery, chain-reaction pileup that mangled 15 trucks, killed two people and shut down the key north-south route as wreckage burned for hours.

Nobody we know in this was there??? You know I worry about you guys...

I post when I hear something else new. It will probably be closed for time. The southbound USF Bestway guys travel that tunnel all the time.

Last count was 30 trucks/ 1 car. Still only 3 fatalities, which is a miracle. That tunnel must have been full of smoke and fumes, and for drivers to find their way out had to be a chore. Iused to drive it all the time going from SAC to the Basin.

It looks like just the 3 fatalities. Its a shame. It was two men and an infant. Its very sad. I am amazed it wasn't worse. That bypass is a nightmare.

The CHP says 9 truck drivers are misssing yet. They guess they just walked away. Can't identify the trucks because they are all melted. Makes you kind of wonder how they were and who they were driving for and why they didn't want to stick around? The infant is now being said to be a 6 year old son of one of the drivers.

I wonder if they'll ever find them. I would hope so. I mean anyone that calls themselves professionals would never leave the scene of an accident that big or any accident for that matter.

This reminds me a little to much of the truck that exploded and melted the bridge, Did you know another exploded in Houston going the wrong way on a feeder it was not supposed to be on in one the driver died the other just walked away I am really starting to wonder if maybe we have terrorists training