SAIA | fines for cell usage

low-budget

TB Lurker
Credits
up to $2700.00 fine to a driver caught using cell phone as well as $11000 to the co. just heard that on stl morn news.be careful out there everyone with a cell phone!

I guess STL didn't post the all over the place like they did down here. My apologies on not posting that up. I sometimes assume when I see a bunch of memos about something new that the TM's at all terminals took the time to post multiple copies. It sucks to me b/c I have as of yet not found a headset I like. Oh well....

they did let us know that we were no to be using a cell phone in ANY saia vehicle, and we were not to use hand held OR handsfree. (unless we were at a complete stop) I was just a little supprised at how much the fines were! as for our tm posting stuff...he does...but it is a little different up here than it is in the south...managers seem to operate differently between the north and the south.

I still think its odd how the company has that policy,yet they still call you when they know you are driving. Some just use that fact to their advantage.