ABF | First paragraph tells you how bad it is. 87 year old as a "new" employee!

I always believed in giving a days work for a day's pay. That is the way I was brought up. I didn't respect fellow workers who felt no obligation to fulfill their part of the contract. If the company upholds their obligation & follows the contract so should Teamsters.

Absolutely! That's what's supposed to set Teamsters apart from any other employee. In this day and age,..it takes a reasoned and patient effort to get into a Teamster job with good benefits and top-of-the-line wages...
(..Or at least, until Hoffa and Crew got their talons into our contracts..)..

Since it took a reasoned and patient effort to get hired at a Teamster job,......it was assumed the employee in question knew the value of the job,...knew the value of the patience and diligence to get that job....
And therefore,....had the work ethic to compliment the job,...once attained.

I've been taken to task by some,...for saying that getting a Teamster job is like passing an intelligence test....

You can get hired by,......anyone, nowadays,...if you're reasonably drug-free and have most of your limbs.
It takes a thoughtful and concerted effort to jump through all the hoops to get employed at a Teamster carrier. You have to be aware of the long-term benefits of being a Union employee.
What does that "thoughtful and concerted" effort say about the caliber of guys willing and able to slog through the Union carrier employment process?

I think it speaks volumes......