FedEx Freight | first post... last post

Ump

Big Dave's and Billy Lo's love child.
Credits
My last week at FXF. Just can't live on 2 runs a week anymore. I wish the best for you guys and pray the uppers get this figured out. Look for me in an OD freightliner as you go flying by and please wave with all five fingers. I've always said if you're not happy, change. Time to take my own advice

Ump

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO you can't replace an eighty thousand dollar job. You can easily replace one making fifty, which seems to be the new norm around here.

Happy for you. I'd go to OD too but I don't have the balls to walk away.

Not really any marbles needed for me. Stay and starve or jump and eat. My kids made this an easy choice. Just wish after 6 years they would care about me as much as I cared about my job. But its time to start anew and do a good job for someone new.

Not really any marbles needed for me. Stay and starve or jump and eat. My kids made this an easy choice. Just wish after 6 years they would care about me as much as I cared about my job. But its time to start anew and do a good job for someone new.

Well, let me put it this way...Like you, I have over a half dozen years here and if I knew that things were never going to get better here, then yes I would jump ship. I guess I'm hanging on for Hope and Change LMAO

My last week at FXF. Just can't live on 2 runs a week anymore. I wish the best for you guys and pray the uppers get this figured out. Look for me in an OD freightliner as you go flying by and please wave with all five fingers. I've always said if you're not happy, change. Time to take my own advice

Ump

Don't blame you. I've been doin alot of looking lately myself and not only does OD have the freight but they pay better than FXF, at least on the city side. Good luck!

An easy way to find out which companies are best to work for are to take a look at these boards and notice the overall "tone" by the people who work for them. FedEx boards seem to be very bitter and hostile. Since its "THE BEST" company to work for, why is this? Remember, just because a corporation spends millions of dollars on brand recognition doesn't mean it's great to work for. Alot of LTL companies have caught up and even surpassed FedEx on the pay-scale. I'm just hoping greed isn't the beginning of the end.

Come back and tell us how you like it compared to Fedex,and good luck!

Sounds good. But it won't be a people thing. I really enjoyed working at Fedex and the people I worked with are top notch. Including management. I know that is not what you meant but I just wanted to clarify for everyone.

Don't blame you. I've been doin alot of looking lately myself and not only does OD have the freight but they pay better than FXF, at least on the city side. Good luck!
Uh I don't think so my Bro in-law works for OD, I make a Dollar an hour more plus OT... he gets more hours but I get paid more for what I work!

Uh I don't think so my Bro in-law works for OD, I make a Dollar an hour more plus OT... he gets more hours but I get paid more for what I work!

I guess this depends on the terminal you work at. I've spoken to numerous new hires at OD and at least in my area they start at $1.35/hr more.