FedEx Freight | Five positive things?

Wow, anger management? I don't recall ever crying. I am not a FedEx employee and I have fought for this country and have earned the right to speak here, besides I like you......lol I am not a city driver and I would never cry if my route or run was taken from me because I completely believe in the seniority process.

Sorry about that i was drunk ! And thank you for you service.

And the union can guaranty all that ? A buddy of mine works yrc and they don't get to pick there routes like the used to the union got weak back in the day's of Watkins they took care of the guys that worked they appreciated you. Those day's are over and they ain't coming back come on driver we seen it all and done it all 1.7 stops per hour is what they ask we can get that and take a dump every hour if we want. Dont make it hard on yourself.still love you like a brother !
Agree but... Keep in mind, it's very difficult for a union to be strong when the company is soo weak as to be near collapse. The effort to keep the doors open is best for all concerned in that scenario. FedEx it a very strong and highly profitable company with a very low employee cost to earnings ratio. This puts us in a much stronger bargaining position. If FedEx refused to negotiate in good faith, a third party mediator would be very likely to tip the scales in our favor, IMHO.

As an organized group we CAN negotiate a contract that provides better compensation, rule conformity, and seniority based security. Simply a contract for the service we provide. Nothing more/Nothing less.

There are things the Union CAN'T do. Like tell them how to load trucks, route freight, etc. Or generally anything related how to run the company. We do need to be clear on this.

And the union can guarantee that in writing, and if they fail to provide that, you can sue them? Not so. They can promise to negotiate. And it's up to FedEx what they're willing to pay and provide. The union keeps claiming bad management, yet the Teamsters are a badly managed corporation. Back in the mid 80's, a bunch of executives came over to Viking from failed union carriers. The union blamed "bad management" for the failure of those companies. Those same executives turned Viking into one hell of a great, exceptionally profitable company. So for some "magical" reason, when they left a union carrier and went to work for a non-union carrier, they transformed from being "bad management" to being geniuses???? Don't think so...they left companies troubled by bad unions and went to a company where the workers were willing to work, and things blossomed from there.

ST
Maybe, just maybe they were good managers that were held back by senior management decisions and maybe the companies workers were held back and forced to follow bad decision s made by these same senior managers. You have your opinion, I have mine. I live the nightmare of bad decision making every day, but still do my best I can to do my part to get my job done and keep my customers happy. I still go home at night with a clean conscience and sleep very well at night.

UOTE=silent trucker;1410348]Show me in writing how they can do this. It's still up to what fedex will give up at the table. And the union has a 34 year history of surrendering at the table...note the contracts at YRC and ABF. Only reason UPSF has a decent contract is called leverage. The company wanted labor peace because big brother is union.

And don't even waste your breath claiming you'll get a union pension. The pension over there is such a mess that FedEx will never pay into it, because they'd be adopting billions of dollars in unfunded liability, and that's not going to happen. Shareholders wouldn't stand for it. Shareholders couldn't sand for it.

So what's the point, you go to the table with a blank sheet of paper, and in all likelihood come back with less than you earned before, now you pay dues, and on top of all that; you work a company with even stricter policies. Go talk to the UPSF guys, I have a couple of friends who supervise over there....their policies make ours look tame. You think FedEx hates you? Go to work for brown, because they treat their folks like they're brown and smelly....

ST[/QUOTE]

1. It is illegal for FedEx to negotiate our pay backwards. There is no where but up as far as pay goes.
2. Why would anyone in their right mind negotiate our way into the Central States Pension fund. Multi employer pension funds are a thing of the past. We can keep our current pension fund, and negotiate for better rates. Stop with the company propaganda.
3. Dues are 2 1/2 times the hourly rate, which even after our raise, is Roughly $60. 60 bucks is a damn good deal for someone to hold this company's feet to the fire, pertaining to work rules, hub issues, seniority issues, safety issues, harassment issues, brown noser issues....hell, the money we would save on our insurance policies, would more than cover that expense, plus they are tax deductible. Pull your fingers out of your ears and listen to reason. Stop spewing the propaganda on here, and poisoning these new hires' minds.

I still only need/want 3 and I posted them previously:

1) Compensation that keeps up with or beats inflation (pay and insurance) no more smoke and mirrors (raise followed 6 mo. later by insurance increase)

2) Reasonable Rules for all to work by. (Yes,printed)

3) Job security that recognizes seniority

Note: These are my concerns in order, but it's a "Three Legged Stool", no two worth much without the other.

:1904: :TR10driving03: :1904:

This company has soooooo many policies that even Management can't keep up with them!!! It's pretty pathetic when you get pulled in the office for a "VIOLATION". Then, you pull out the policy as it is written and slap them in the face with it because they got it wrong. Talk about looking like a fool!!!! Policies apply ONLY when it is convenient for the company. When you throw it in their face when management violates their own policy... #1- either they try to come up with an excuse or...#2- they act as if it does NOT apply to company. Drivers are held at a MUCH HIGHER standard than Management. Supervisors can violate them all day long, and NOTHING happens. But if Johnny makes one tiny mistake, and sometimes through no fault of his own, he is IMMEDIATELY given an automatic critical. Progressive corrective action went out the door. No more verbals or letters of Reprimand. They don't even give you the benefit of a doubt. Guilty as charged PERIOD!! NOPE JOHNNY, IT'S A CRITICAL!!!! I understand rules, as I understand Management has to impose and ensure everyone complies with them, but when Management is ABOVE their own policies, and don't apply to them, THEN I HAVE A PROBLEM. Oh, and one more.... they preach, and preach and preach SAFETY!!!! WHAT A JOKE!! Just look around the dock, and try to drive some of the tractors, pot holes on most terminals and hubs, NEVER get fixed, MAYBE patched up and the safety violations by management are quite egregious. DOT violations: My trailer is overweight! Oh, it's ok, you can take it, or are you refusing to do your job? I'm gonna run out of hours on this VIA! Oh, you can use your extension!! (central dispatch) NO I CAN'T!!!! Anyone else care to add to these??

There is no guarantee on anything you should know that!

Yes, there is a guarentee....I guarantee of more of the same BS we are dealing with by doing nothing. If you dont support the movement fine. But, when it is voted in, I hope you negative nellies are the first ones to turn down the benefits that are voted in by the union representation.

Yes, there is a guarentee....I guarantee of more of the same BS we are dealing with by doing nothing. If you dont support the movement fine. But, when it is voted in, I hope you negative nellies are the first ones to turn down the benefits that are voted in by the union representation.

Had a road driver tell me he would walk in take all the benefits we fight for and not give the teamsters a dime. I hope that's not possible.

That's enough to **** you off.

Yeah, I agree. As long as we receive the service, we should be willing to pay the (reasonable) price. I suspect the same people who refuse to pay also don't tip well (or at all) when dinning out. Some have no conscience...

We know it would be different if those who didn't pay, did not receive the benefits. That's how it should be, IMHO.

the teamsters have already changed working conditions here at fedex we got a big pay raise they stopped the point system and write ups but if we don't go union we will be back in the same boat I can't wait for the teamsters to show up in front of my terminal so I can sign a card

union dues will amount to around 40 cents an hour, just saying

It's 2 1/2 hours per month of pay and the ones that don't pay they won't fight as hard for the ones that do and go do your research onthis because when it's time to do a contract there's going to be give and takes so ask those questions what are you willing to give up !

Yeah, I agree. As long as we receive the service, we should be willing to pay the (reasonable) price. I suspect the same people who refuse to pay also don't tip well (or at all) when dinning out. Some have no conscience...

We know it would be different if those who didn't pay, did not receive the benefits. That's how it should be, IMHO.

This is funny.. the union has been saying this about FedEx freeloaders for years and "we" all stood and called it BS.

How quickly we forget.

This is funny.. the union has been saying this about FedEx freeloaders for years and "we" all stood and called it BS.

How quickly we forget.

I never called it BS. I always knew why we made the $ we made. The threat of union contributed greatly. I also argued passionately against union at AF. FedEx changed that (for a lot of us). FedEx capitalized on a weaker union presence, and made very calculated decisions to lower the standards of the companies they bought.

Big difference actually working for a union company with full union benefits and not paying dues just to save a few bucks... that's a freeloader, IMHO.

I never called it BS. I always knew why we made the $ we made. The threat of union contributed greatly. I also argued passionately against union at AF. FedEx changed that (for a lot of us). FedEx capitalized on a weaker union presence, and made very calculated decisions to lower the standards of the companies they bought.

Big difference actually working for a union company with full union benefits and not paying dues just to save a few bucks... that's a freeloader, IMHO.

Good points! BS was a general term. Not directed at you specifically. Just sad It has come to this. I read somewhere "people who feel appreciated often do more then what's expected of them." So simple yet so true.