Estes | FMCSA to release new HOS rule December 22

Just like the cell phone ban , they have to find a reason to be relevant . Next time you head north on I95 at rush hour look at all of the government workers scurrying to their posts to find a reason to stay employed.

another do as i say not as i do. we are such smucks to keep listening to these do gooders and not fight back.

the arguement was at one time, was that they are trained professionals, and need to do this in the course of their work.....give me a break !!!

I don't think calling the wife,to see if they need milk,constitutes "the need to do this in the course of their work"...

I think its more of a safety issue that it is a help to require the two restarts to be between midnight and 6am, That rule alone will hurt the trucking industry.
I think of in terms of safety though cause, There is a better chance of being involved in an accident during the day due to more traffic and congestion where as driving at night you generally get less traffic in some cases no traffic.
Not only that but, As any driver knows driving at night is really the only time to make time and get more miles.
It would not be an issue if they allowed the two restarts to be taken during the day time hours for the drivers that only drive at night (as is the case with
many drivers).
Cutting down the drive time from 11 hours to 10 and requiring break periods while it makes some sense, It only makes the rules worse than what they are and will mean the driver will not be able to run as long thus making the driver make less money than what they already are.
All in all there is no real advantages to the new HOS rules, Only disadvantages if your a driver.
I love driving but, It has gotten to the point that its not fun or enjoyable anymore and defiantly not profitable these days even for the company drivers.
When the new rules go in to effect other jobs might start looking better than driving, pay and/or otherwise...

The last 10 or so wrecks out of our barn, only 1 was during daytime hours. But, all of the drivers were start times between 8pm and midnight. All but 2 was weather related.
I'm not saying it's safer to drive during day than night. For me it's definetly tougher to stay awake during night.
Not pointing fingers at any daytime or night time drivers.

between ooida,ata, crash, and patt, I don't think we wll have to worry about a change for awhile. These 4 organizatons alone will keep the court house doors spinning a hundred miles a hour

the new hos rules don't take effect until july 1, 2013---plenty of time for countersuits by the trucking industry---just like estes all is subject to change

the new hos rules don't take effect until july 1, 2013---plenty of time for countersuits by the trucking industry---just like estes all is subject to change

The new slogan..." Nothing is written in ink..We have plenty of pencils"... Due to be written on the rear of all Estes trailers by January 1,2012....

its all garbage. if we could just stop the clock like we could before, that would be the best thing they could do.

Apostolic put a new ruling by Obama on the General Trucking/Watering Hole Forum...Click on the site,it will explain it...