Yellow | For all you Yellow guys/gals: Computers

Regular342

TB Veteran
Credits
Quit b*tching about the damn computers on the hilos. Your vastly superior super freight system software IS GONE. And it's not coming back. So get over it. Roadway's is just fine. It's simple and to the point. As a casual I learned how to use the it over one weekend. It's so darn easy even a Yellow teamster can use it....or so I thought.:duh: Anyway, it's getting old listening to these guys cry about it everyday.

Your vastly superior super freight system software IS GONE

Maybe GONE, but to soon to be forgotten.:bye1: Let us grieve in peace.

Trucks coming from NY (shipping point) to CVE (relay terminal) we sent to Chicago (relay terminal) Chicago puts on train and sends to CA (destination)

Quit b*tching about the damn computers on the hilos. Your vastly superior super freight system software IS GONE. And it's not coming back. So get over it. Roadway's is just fine. It's simple and to the point. As a casual I learned how to use the it over one weekend. It's so darn easy even a Yellow teamster can use it....or so I thought.:duh: Anyway, it's getting old listening to these guys cry about it everyday.

OK everybody! You hear that??? NO more b*tching about the computers any more. And that goes for everybody!!! :hide:

My 10% and 40 million spent going backwards from an outdated system to a system from 1983. The Roadway people have been in the dark and fed bullsh!t for 25 years.

As this ex Roadway guy has been driving his fork-lift around my new Yellow home, I've been turning on the computer on the fork-lift. It must of been a really neat system.
Next thing to happen with the Yellow forks here at 859 is they are going to be shipped out to the break-bulks as we our now an end of the line terminal. They will be replaced with end of the line fork-lifts.
The best advise I can give my fellow Roadway drivers who move to a Yellow terminal is: It's their house, and we are guests in their home, so respect it.

The computers are so easy a cave man can do it!!!!

The issue is not whether certain individuals can adjust to this 80's technology, but rather the 80's technology accomodate to the largest LTL company in the country.

So far it is has not, but we can only hope it will get better.

You know if the shoe was on the other foot, we would here more crying and complaining from the big R boys then you are hearing from the ol' yeller crew
. :nutkick:

computer on dock scan in badge open strip stack door
then enter door number you are in and the scan freight out
or in..... oh did i say all time you sit there figuring it out
you are getting paid......

I don't know which is worse the bit**n about the bit**n or the bit**n about the computers. Someone smarter than me please give me an answer. All I know is the computer programs you Big R guys are so proud of were used my Watkins Motor Lines in 1995. In computer years that is at least 1000 years. Maybe that is the reason Yellow guys have such a problem with it. They are use to much newer programs.

... maybe easy, but slowwww... it takes three minutes to print a waybill from the mainframe screen, and that's how we print 'em because the "frt" and "rapid" screens are only 10%-20% functional at CVE/RFO. (oops.. 218/257)

All the wild frt & horrible bill control is equaling a lot of down time for dock workers who come up for bills.

Especially, it seems, at the breakbulks, there are too many inefficiencies to count right now. Let's hope the problems are ironed out soon. :duh:

As this ex Roadway guy has been driving his fork-lift around my new Yellow home, I've been turning on the computer on the fork-lift. It must of been a really neat system.
Next thing to happen with the Yellow forks here at 859 is they are going to be shipped out to the break-bulks as we our now an end of the line terminal. They will be replaced with end of the line fork-lifts.
The best advise I can give my fellow Roadway drivers who move to a Yellow terminal is: It's their house, and we are guests in their home, so respect it.

NO you are Wrong it is not there HOUSE it belongs to YRC every one need to get it through their heads there is no Roadway or Yellow we all have the same investment here we all work for the same new company so everbody needs to get over it and move on