SAIA | Former Fontana Driver files suit against Saia...

Richard

TB Lurker
Credits
Former Fontana Driver files suit against Saia...

I got a letter in the mail that says that I am part of a class action suit against Saia for unpaid breaks and the such...

It is an official letter from an attorneys office in So Cal with my name on it.
Several friends have gotten the same letter and called me about it. WOW...

Richard

That must be why they started programming the lunch break into the p&d nextel phones. I guess line haul is still fending for ourselves. Oh, we have the Electronic On Board Recorders coming for us to use.

its about time last time i was 15 min late cause i stopped and took a nap after a nonstop 14 hr night all i got was a block put on me and had to explain to the tm why i was late

i don't ever stop. that's why i'm a basketcase in ATL when i have to wait. i have to rush rush rush all night on the dock....rush rush rush to get hooked up and to atl, then it comes to a screeching halt....then rush rush back to gvl. it's a personal choice for me not to stop. well truthfully i may stop at a store right before the interstate before leaving for about 5 minutes to get some dip or a snack. other than that, i'm wide open all night. i never took a break in the city either....but they also didn't take it out of my time once a senior driver told me to get my time card signed if i did not take a lunch. now i guess hourly has no choice.

We may have to depart on time, if there are no delays that are caused by us, but our driver's pay compensation manual states we are supposed to take a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks. I know the destination TMs get their underwear all wadded up up if we don't make it on time, but rules is rules.

So can anyone tell me if saia is a good company to work for? Fed ex told me I would make the same money I was making at the post office .but that's not happening when I'm not even getting 40 hours a week and no more than 64 miles a night

So can anyone tell me if saia is a good company to work for? Fed ex told me I would make the same money I was making at the post office .but that's not happening when I'm not even getting 40 hours a week and no more than 64 miles a night

hi leprechaun,yes saia is a good place to work,i cant figure why your not getting miles.if your line,saia policy is extra board first in first out next day,if they are not doing this inform line haul v.p.and h.r..i take a 45 min lunch/break like clock work every night.im on the west coast,where are you,,,,the state only,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
hi leprechaun,yes saia is a good place to work,i cant figure why your not getting miles.if your line,saia policy is extra board first in first out next day,if they are not doing this inform line haul v.p.and h.r..i take a 45 min lunch/break like clock work every night.im on the west coast,where are you,,,,the state only,,,

i take it that leprechaun works for fedex

Fed ex told me I would make the same money I was making at the post office .but that's not happening when I'm not even getting 40 hours a week and no more than 64 miles a night