Yellow | Former Roadway Headquarters Closes Doors For Last Time!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
The mistake these non-union hourly employees made was buying into the Roadway cheerleader mentality up to the bitter end! When Yellow bought Roadway in 2003, these AGO
employees should have organized into a Teamster bargaining unit asap! At least they would have had their seniority and a possiblity of following their work! Just ask the non-union hourly Roadway employees in the barns around the country who lost their jobs back during cutover in March of 2009! For the most part, the barns that were union stayed union, and the non-union hourly employees were end-tailed behind the union employees! I heard the AGO employees had several opportunities to join the Teamsters, but they never followed through! Now most of them are laid off or shuffled 900 miles west to the Big House On The Prairie (KCGO)!

Former Roadway headquarters closes doors for last time - Local - Ohio

:17:

This really is a sad story. And nobody raised a finger to help. If only they had joined the Teamsters. Well even that would not have been very much help with the way hoffa and The Texass TurnCoat operate.

Good riddance to AGO.hopefully all this Roadway crappola will disappear.so that we can get back to profitability I'm sorry for the people who had worked there in Akron.
The truth is YFS should have never bought Roadway or Holland.escpecially with the economy being iffy back then.but at the time.we had an idiot at the helm(zollars).so the story goes.he was arrogant and he wouldn't listen to nobody

Did not do much for maintance employees. You could follow your work and endtail. Thirty year mechanics end tailed behind eight month ones to be laid off later.

Yes, I live in Akron and subscribe to the Akron Beacon Journal. Normally, Roadway and now YRC stories got buried in the business section of the paper, but today they chose to print this story on the bottom of the front page. Real good publicity for us today I guess.....

Good riddance to AGO.hopefully all this Roadway crappola will disappear.so that we can get back to profitability I'm sorry for the people who had worked there in Akron.
The truth is YFS should have never bought Roadway or Holland.escpecially with the economy being iffy back then.but at the time.we had an idiot at the helm(zollars).so the story goes.he was arrogant and he wouldn't listen to nobody

I agree yellow should have never bought anything and maybe this economy would have finished that parasite pos "freight" company off for good. Return to profitability? That's a laugh! Profitability isn't in yellow's dictionary. Garbage company should have stuck to taxis. If yellow "freight" systems would have went belly up years ago like it should have, a lot more teamsters would be employed today.

I agree yellow should have never bought anything and maybe this economy would have finished that parasite pos "freight" company off for good. Return to profitability? That's a laugh! Profitability isn't in yellow's dictionary. Garbage company should have stuck to taxis. If yellow "freight" systems would have went belly up years ago like it should have, a lot more teamsters would be employed today.

Hey Slim, you need to do something about your shyness and learn to express yourself freely here on the boards. Let it all out, we're all friends here! :hysterical:

Hey Slim, you need to do something about your shyness and learn to express yourself freely here on the boards. Let it all out, we're all friends here! :hysterical:

I will open up more as I get comfortable. Or if happy hour gets extended

Hey , what are they going to do with that old L 190 International and Fruehauf trailer on display out front? Sure would love to get my hands on that ? Sure they would sell it in a heart beat since Roadway or Yellow management don't have a sentimental bone in their bodies .

You forgot to thank Comodeway Managenent for throwing you under the bus. Ha Ha Ha!