Yellow | Free money from the govermant call this number

eaglescout

TB Lurker
Credits
Brothers and sisters please read this message it will only take a minute or so, Lets rally up our proteamster spirit here!

Before you cast your vote think of the forgotten 4000 going on unpaid leave thanks to Zollars and the management team. If your secure in your job hey that's great your just a little further up the rope than us guys that have already fallen. Lets get these guys back to work by only working the hours stipulated under the new contract. Tie a knot in that rope and help protect jobs. Let me tell you after being laid off Wednesday evening and looking at the prospects of finding some work right, now its bad out there. You probably haven't glanced at the classifieds lately since your sitting pretty. Our classifieds used to cover several pages even on a week day. Now they are lucky to fill a half a page with employment classifieds.
Yet the greedy teamsters are still rolling in the 10-12 our days, the same guys who smile at you and say morning. Well I am not sitting around waiting on the rep o man to take my wife's car or kick us on to the street I will be taking a hard to find job out there. So when you 10-15 year men wind out on the street I will be walking by you smiling and saying morning. Whoa there wait that would be sinking to your level and I am too good a person to sink to that level, I think I would actually reach out to help you even though you could not even give me more than the time of day as I struggled up by my bootstraps. Heck it wasn't easy taking a $2.00 a hour pay cut starting out over here at Roadway, after leaving a non-union job over here were I would be # 4 man out of 10 right now. However I took gamble on Roadway and now I know why I don't gamble O-h well hindsight is 20-20.

I think the point I am trying to make here is keep it at 8 hours. If you see a man working over 8 have a friendly persuasive talk with him. Remind him our blessings come from what we do here for and with our fellow man. Its not the car you drive or the boat you fish in or that big house you live in. The Teamsters are called a Brotherhood for a reason. Do you not see that if we don't stand together on this we could all fall. Our are you so myopic that you think it could never happen to me? Stewards remember the new overtime rule in the contract. Can any of you even quote them for me as we have not even received the contract book yet?

2080106541_4578836294_o.jpg

Amen Brother! I was explained to the overtime a few months back on here. The problem is @241, chief stewart and his so called stewarts work 2hrs & 7 days a week.

I followed the freight in the first change, lost my seniority, got to work spring & summer, since 2006 lucky! Other teamsters that got to move keeping everything, working all the overtime to, because leaving all family & friends back home. They still are & then asking how are you doing! UH! UH!

In Indy, I will recommend the guys still there to work all the OT they can while they can still get it (and I'm already laid off). Management has been instructed to NOT work any laid off. Work OT or simply sit the freight, sit the customers. If that is the set plan, then work the OT-- to not won't change anything, other than lose customers when their freight sits. . Lose customers, we go out of business. Working only 40 hours won't bring anyone back right now.....The Upper Mgment has decided they are Not paying Holidays.....

overtime provision

Please read your contract as those not on layoff are required to work at 3 hours overtime before allowed to clock off.Again for every hour worked past 2 it goes towards bringing a lay-offed man back to work...If your stewards are working 6 and 7 punches get on their *** as to why they haven't calculated the excessive overtime provision to bring back the lay-off men.

In Indy, I will recommend the guys still there to work all the OT they can while they can still get it (and I'm already laid off). Management has been instructed to NOT work any laid off. Work OT or simply sit the freight, sit the customers. If that is the set plan, then work the OT-- to not won't change anything, other than lose customers when their freight sits. . Lose customers, we go out of business. Working only 40 hours won't bring anyone back right now.....The Upper Mgment has decided they are Not paying Holidays.....

can not agree with your viewpoint jimmy

Management didn't even call us (me & couple others) totally back May this year, no sick days, vacation inlue of, being not called since Sept. 2008. But we got to work awhile, spreading my vacation 4 weeks out a week at a time after not being called any more.

Brothers and sisters please read this message it will only take a minute or so, Lets rally up our proteamster spirit here!

Before you cast your vote think of the forgotten 4000 going on unpaid leave thanks to Zollars and the management team. If your secure in your job hey that's great your just a little further up the rope than us guys that have already fallen. Lets get these guys back to work by only working the hours stipulated under the new contract. Tie a knot in that rope and help protect jobs. Let me tell you after being laid off Wednesday evening and looking at the prospects of finding some work right, now its bad out there. You probably haven't glanced at the classifieds lately since your sitting pretty. Our classifieds used to cover several pages even on a week day. Now they are lucky to fill a half a page with employment classifieds.
Yet the greedy teamsters are still rolling in the 10-12 our days, the same guys who smile at you and say morning. Well I am not sitting around waiting on the rep o man to take my wife's car or kick us on to the street I will be taking a hard to find job out there. So when you 10-15 year men wind out on the street I will be walking by you smiling and saying morning. Whoa there wait that would be sinking to your level and I am too good a person to sink to that level, I think I would actually reach out to help you even though you could not even give me more than the time of day as I struggled up by my bootstraps. Heck it wasn't easy taking a $2.00 a hour pay cut starting out over here at Roadway, after leaving a non-union job over here were I would be # 4 man out of 10 right now. However I took gamble on Roadway and now I know why I don't gamble O-h well hindsight is 20-20.

I think the point I am trying to make here is keep it at 8 hours. If you see a man working over 8 have a friendly persuasive talk with him. Remind him our blessings come from what we do here for and with our fellow man. Its not the car you drive or the boat you fish in or that big house you live in. The Teamsters are called a Brotherhood for a reason. Do you not see that if we don't stand together on this we could all fall. Our are you so myopic that you think it could never happen to me? Stewards remember the new overtime rule in the contract. Can any of you even quote them for me as we have not even received the contract book yet?

2080106541_4578836294_o.jpg
Complaining about guys using there seniority to work to there advantage isnt going to do you any good. I was half way agreeing until you included people with 10-15 years seniority. I have 10 years at Yellow, With my child support abligations and other obligations Im about to loose my apartment, right now due to my inability to work. I'm sure there is many more like me. Yes we have people on our board that run 3600-3000 single miles per week and don't respect the work rules! Logging hott, and my local slaps them on the wrist! However its the very top not 10-15 year men. In your example, or theroy that the top should spread the wealth sounds like a Osama Obama plan too. Maybe we Teamsters need to read up on Carl Marx. Follow the work rules is one thing but limiting everyone to the same avalibilty for a load will never happen! Yes i do realize your talking about the dock hands, and no none of us have a new contract book yet, considering there is alot more changes in there than they showed us in the proposals.

Please read your contract as those not on layoff are required to work at 3 hours overtime before allowed to clock off.Again for every hour worked past 2 it goes towards bringing a lay-offed man back to work...If your stewards are working 6 and 7 punches get on their *** as to why they haven't calculated the excessive overtime provision to bring back the lay-off men.

could somebody post the actual article up here concerning overtime then we can approach our stewards with the facts

I'm at home and not being a very good steward 2day.....lol...I left my book and the supplements at work...check the supplements and see for sure but,I think its art.42.....you can pull up the contract at teamsters.org.

From NMFA
Section 6. Overtime
On a weekly basis, the Employer shall be permitted to work the active seniority board 25% of the straight time hours in overtime. In the event the Employer exceeds the 25% overtime allowance, the number of overtime hours in excess of the allowance will be applied in the next following week for determining the number of employees to recall from lay-off.
For example, if the Employer has 120 employees on the seniority board with 100 actively working and 20 laid-off, the Employer shall be permitted 4000 hours straight time hours plus 1000 hours overtime (25% of 4000) for a total of 5000 hours to be worked that week by the active seniority board. If during that week, the Employer actually worked the 100 active employees a total of 5600 hours, there would be 600 hours in excess of the 25% overtime allowance. The 600 hours would be divided by 50 (40 straight time hours plus 25% of 40 or 10) which equals 12 employees to be recalled from lay-off in the week following the violation of the 25% overtime allowance.

I didn't see anything in the local supplement that varied from that. They are at Freight 2008.org.

From NMFA
Section 6. Overtime
On a weekly basis, the Employer shall be permitted to work the active seniority board 25% of the straight time hours in overtime. In the event the Employer exceeds the 25% overtime allowance, the number of overtime hours in excess of the allowance will be applied in the next following week for determining the number of employees to recall from lay-off.
For example, if the Employer has 120 employees on the seniority board with 100 actively working and 20 laid-off, the Employer shall be permitted 4000 hours straight time hours plus 1000 hours overtime (25% of 4000) for a total of 5000 hours to be worked that week by the active seniority board. If during that week, the Employer actually worked the 100 active employees a total of 5600 hours, there would be 600 hours in excess of the 25% overtime allowance. The 600 hours would be divided by 50 (40 straight time hours plus 25% of 40 or 10) which equals 12 employees to be recalled from lay-off in the week following the violation of the 25% overtime allowance.

I didn't see anything in the local supplement that varied from that. They are at Freight 2008.org.

I there is employees taking their vacation does it make a difference in other words does everybody active have to be working before this rule comes into effect? our stewards says everyboy has to be at work for that rule to take effect

I there is employees taking their vacation does it make a difference in other words does everybody active have to be working before this rule comes into effect? our stewards says everyboy has to be at work for that rule to take effect
Hey eagle.........here's the easiest way I know how to explain using the dock.

125 men on seniority list for the dock

25 men on layoff

100 men on the bid

Base hours= 100 men x 40hrs = 4000 base hours

Allowed OT per NMFA= 25% or 1000 hrs

Total hours allowed for 100 man bid = 5000 hrs

You also have to subtract from the hours worked guys using vacation (less than 5 days), sick, FMLA and in our supplement men working out of classification (interchangeable).

It's not perfect but it works. Winston qualified 10 men back three weeks ago. Of course RDWY laid them back off today, but it does work. DS.

LOL...........I don't know about all of that.........just wish we had more freight and a better economy. Someone once said "a rising tide lifts all boats", I have also heard "high water covers all stumps". DS.

From NMFA
Section 6. Overtime

The problem is that this article is gutless due to the weekly change in freight flow and the inability to actually make it work to bring people back. I proposed a similar formula the only difference in my proposal was that when it was tripped the company had to pay the number of employees violated a days pay. This would immediately stop the abuse. The current language subject to the grievance procedure only calls for a recall which can be nullified by the company saying the freight has dropped off and if they call a guy back they immediately lay him off again. I hope this can be addressed at the next negotiations.( DREAMER ) I would like to know if anyone has had luck enforcing this article, I gladly eat my hat if they have.

25 men on layoff

100 men on the bid

You also have to subtract from the hours worked guys using vacation (less than 5 days), sick, FMLA and in our supplement men working out of classification (interchangeable).

It's not perfect but it works. Winston qualified 10 men back three weeks ago. Of course RDWY laid them back off today, but it does work. DS.

The company doesnt care.The reply we get is grieve it.We will see where that goes.They layoff on Friday call back on Monday then lay them off again on Tuesday.Just a vicious circle of playing the numbers game.

25 men on layoff

100 men on the bid

DS the Southern Region is not using THAT over time formula. Prior to the last contract, there was already an over time formula being used. It is much more restrictive than the one in the new contract. Basically, here's how it works. Every man that punches the clock brings 1 hour OT credit (sick days and vacation are also counted) So if 50 guys punch the clock, management has 50 hours OT to dispense that day.

But wait, it gets better. At Valdosta they set up our dock bid so that our 1st shift starts at 3:30 AM. However, they bring that shift in 2 hours early (1:30AM) They are burning their OT hours before they have the credit for them. Then at the end of the day (when they actually need the OT hours) they don't have any OT hours left. So, when the blue ribbon and hot freight gets to Valdosta late, we're heading to the house because they can't work us over time (they run out of hours) to take care of that freight.
This is just one MORE example of our management not using their resources properly. I'm sure everyone at every terminal sees things that they question. (We're not allowed to have opinions. We're just dumb dock workers, right?)