FedEx Freight | Freight 2020

Viceroy

TB Lurker
Credits
Any of you all been getting the RFID scanners and new dimensioners installed at your center? Our SCM says we are piloting the program and I’m just curious to see the rollout progress elsewhere

Dallas is getting all wired up, the powers that be claim that this will eliminate the empty miles on the dock making you more productive.

I would hate to be the supervisor or supervisors that have to constantly maintain all this info and strategize to make sure we are efficient to make their numbers. No thanks. Something comforting in being a driver.

We got the severs for the RFID system installed a few weeks ago. No dim in motion yet. Also no answer to simple questions like:

How do we go about stripping a late trailer for hots? Or what about a five HU order of junk mail that is in one stack? Will we be directed by this new system to move each skid separately, or can we move it all at once? Or if there's a large order of tall skids coming out of one trailer will the system know to have them moved all at once either to make a headload or to cube the trailer out consistently given that we know we can with uniformly tall freight? Or what is the backup plan if the operating system goes offline, which seems to happen a few times per year. Even with paper we can barely handle that scenario.

Still no answers to simple issues like these. I understand the concept to eliminating empty drive time on the dock, but it would be nice to be able to quickly override this new system when its obvious that we need to call an audible.

We got the severs for the RFID system installed a few weeks ago. No dim in motion yet. Also no answer to simple questions like:

How do we go about stripping a late trailer for hots? Or what about a five HU order of junk mail that is in one stack? Will we be directed by this new system to move each skid separately, or can we move it all at once? Or if there's a large order of tall skids coming out of one trailer will the system know to have them moved all at once either to make a headload or to cube the trailer out consistently given that we know we can with uniformly tall freight? Or what is the backup plan if the operating system goes offline, which seems to happen a few times per year. Even with paper we can barely handle that scenario.

Still no answers to simple issues like these. I understand the concept to eliminating empty drive time on the dock, but it would be nice to be able to quickly override this new system when its obvious that we need to call an audible.
you won't get answers. we only have to be 2 ounces smarter than the freight we are hauling and mgmt wants to make it harder to operate. this business is simple, move freight from point A to point B. Do it safely and efficiently and you will turn a profit. too much technology is being forced on us.