Yellow | Freight diversions from Yellow have begun: report

:hissyfit:
“During the Fox Business appearance, Hawkins said Yellow wants to negotiate a deal that “allows the company to modernize and also increase wages over the period of the next few years.”

guess he’s talking about that 10 cent offer he made.

“During the Fox Business appearance, Hawkins said Yellow wants to negotiate a deal that “allows the company to modernize and also increase wages over the period of the next few years.”

guess he’s talking about that 10 cent offer he made.
Yeah, the executive wages….

I am retired from Yellow and I stay in touch daily with my buddies at Holland & Yellow. Today, my buddy at Holland told me the night crew only broke only the late freight trailers on Thursday night. When the drivers came in they told them to pick the freight they wanted to deliver and load it in their trailers. Wow, never heard anything like that happening in my 38 years of trucking. Sounds like Yellow has given up.

I am retired from Yellow and I stay in touch daily with my buddies at Holland & Yellow. Today, my buddy at Holland told me the night crew only broke only the late freight trailers on Thursday night. When the drivers came in they told them to pick the freight they wanted to deliver and load it in their trailers. Wow, never heard anything like that happening in my 38 years of trucking. Sounds like Yellow has given up.
FedEx today:
Post in thread 'Super super slow' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/super-super-slow.123764/post-1855873

Definitely getting a lot more volume at abf.
Tuesday night at the Carlisle break there was 280+ strips in the yard, 40 at the dock and another 55 due in the next 8. By Tuesday normally its less than 100 in the yard.
The city dock at camp hill is averaging 100 more bills a day inbound and 100 outbound then the previous month.

Odd how they don't see ODFL gaining much additional business because of 'strict discipline'
In that they mean pricing and cheap freight.
Why would ABF & T Force chase cheap money losing business???

Kinda like looking into a mirror of the past , it's the same thing shippers have done during past contract talks and then after its settled they come right back to old yeller and they will this time too , its same old game by shippers & yeller during contract time ! So " Don't Worry Be Happy with your new Mirrors !:funky:

That is ominous. Looks like it's weeks, not months.

Kinda like looking into a mirror of the past , it's the same thing shippers have done during past contract talks and then after its settled they come right back to old yeller and they will this time too , its same old game by shippers & yeller during contract time ! So " Don't Worry Be Happy with your new Mirrors !:funky:
If only I could be so positive. LOL.

Fx doesn't want it.

Most don't.
So guess if Yellow goes....they've already started the eating away of ABF.

20 years and then and TForce will be done due to the IBT's stageshow with Yellow.

3/5ths of Yellow's freight might go to TForve or ABF...All of the Yellow trailers on the road.
Then the nons will take 1/3 of it all. By the time they get 2/3rds. One of the 2 union carriers will fall or be gone.
Within 10 years of that all union LTL will be gone...as will some of the big nonunion LTLS now. Little guys will eat up the whole business to crap.

That's my prediction on time if Yellow folds

Bad move by O'Brien if he decides to let it go.
They've done it to other union carrier industries the same way. They have the playbook and will use it.

Last edited: