Yellow | freight levels

Long lecture from CorpOffice. Sorry in advance.

Most people in Overland Park, Akron, Holland, Lebanon and Clackamas believe that for the company to win requires both management and labor to win. If labor wins and management loses, then the company loses. If management wins and labor loses, then the company loses. In these corporate offices, most people want us, labor and management, to win. That also means our customers win and YRCW shareholders win. All the big wigs really believe this.

Unfortunately, some people in those offices have been burned by a bad labor experiences, a specific location problem, bad customer experience, etc. Sometimes they bear a grudge on specific topics or events.

In other cases, people in those offices work out the "best" plan, and they forget that those plans impact employees, families and even communities. Some feel like they've had to move around and change in order to survive, why shouldn't everyone else? Others just get too detached from the human aspect of the changes.

Nobody is perfect including all these GOs with managers, directors, VPs, Sr. VPs, Exec VPs, Presidents and Chief "x" Officers. When it is all said and done, they want to win which means providing great service for our customers and taking business from our competitors and other modes of transportation. They all know that it takes great effort and dedication from everyone - teamsters and management alike. They want to provide good jobs for their own families and the families of employees at YRCW. And the best of them want to create a legacy - a company that is widely recognized as successful over decades and even centuries.

I've seen a lot of people get bad mouthed here or on the Yahoo message boards. I've heard hallway conversations at the GO that bad mouth some labor experiences or events. Hopefully that badmouthing is just people blowing off steam or trying to work toward a better solution. Even with all that bad mouthing, I believe that both labor and management want to win so we can create good jobs and a place that we can be proud to call our company.

Nearing the end of the lecture.

If you don't want to win, if you are lazy, if you steal from the company, if you plot against labor, if you plot against management, then :tongue0002:

Sorry - I don't usually get that frustrated with people and respond like that. I'm also sorry for the long lecture (if you even made it this far).

Back to normal mode.
Later,
CorpOffice
That was a darn good post! Right on the mark.

These four words cover most of the problems I found with malcontents I worked with. They blamed everyone and everything else for their misery, when, in fact, they just plain didn't want to work to earn their pay.

Agreed. And that has nothing to do with labor or management affiliation. Everyone from the guy sweeping the dock to the guy in the corner office can be lazy, and as you said, they are malcontents. :1036316054:

Over time their attitude always catches up to them, and the hard working people end up better off.

CorpOffice

Apparently I got up on the grumpy side of bed today. :maddance3:

Agreed. And that has nothing to do with labor or management affiliation. Everyone from the guy sweeping the dock to the guy in the corner office can be lazy, and as you said, they are malcontents. :1036316054:

Over time their attitude always catches up to them, and the hard working people end up better off.

CorpOffice

Sometimes it just feels better to "air it out" once in a while.

CorpOffice

You're 100% correct. The bottom line is we need to be better than all of the competition. Everyone has a bad day now and then. We, as a company need to excel every chance we can if we want to regain lost market share. I don't believe YRCW is in nearly as bad of shape financially as they want us to believe(I could be wrong)but I guarantee if we don't make this next day freight thing work, sooner ,rather than later, we'll all be looking for jobs. I would much rather retire from YRCW than somewhere else.

And that has nothing to do with labor or management affiliation.

:

Correct! I remember our TM had a little meeting before we hit the street one day, to try and get us motivated. I informed him that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and that he was our weak link. That didn't go over too well at the time, but a few weeks later he confessed to me that I had jolted him out of his malaise. He thanked me for probably saving his job. He now is doing very well as an Exact Express salesman.

Long lecture from CorpOffice. Sorry in advance.

Most people in Overland Park, Akron, Holland, Lebanon and Clackamas believe that for the company to win requires both management and labor to win. If labor wins and management loses, then the company loses. If management wins and labor loses, then the company loses. In these corporate offices, most people want us, labor and management, to win. That also means our customers win and YRCW shareholders win. All the big wigs really believe this.

Unfortunately, some people in those offices have been burned by a bad labor experiences, a specific location problem, bad customer experience, etc. Sometimes they bear a grudge on specific topics or events.

In other cases, people in those offices work out the "best" plan, and they forget that those plans impact employees, families and even communities. Some feel like they've had to move around and change in order to survive, why shouldn't everyone else? Others just get too detached from the human aspect of the changes.

Nobody is perfect including all these GOs with managers, directors, VPs, Sr. VPs, Exec VPs, Presidents and Chief "x" Officers. When it is all said and done, they want to win which means providing great service for our customers and taking business from our competitors and other modes of transportation. They all know that it takes great effort and dedication from everyone - teamsters and management alike. They want to provide good jobs for their own families and the families of employees at YRCW. And the best of them want to create a legacy - a company that is widely recognized as successful over decades and even centuries.

I've seen a lot of people get bad mouthed here or on the Yahoo message boards. I've heard hallway conversations at the GO that bad mouth some labor experiences or events. Hopefully that badmouthing is just people blowing off steam or trying to work toward a better solution. Even with all that bad mouthing, I believe that both labor and management want to win so we can create good jobs and a place that we can be proud to call our company.

Nearing the end of the lecture.

If you don't want to win, if you are lazy, if you steal from the company, if you plot against labor, if you plot against management, then :tongue0002:

Sorry - I don't usually get that frustrated with people and respond like that. I'm also sorry for the long lecture (if you even made it this far).

Back to normal mode.
Later,
CorpOffice

In these corporate offices, most people want us, labor and management, to win. And yes I highlighted MOST! When the rest of the golden parachuters want us to win we can succeed again. There is a reason why customers ship with us "lazy, high priced" Union freight haulers! Its because they want the freight on-time, damage free, and the friendly driver delivering it to them! Us drivers are dedicated to do our jobs and to do it well! I think its time for the Corporate F@#KS to do the same!!:tongue0002: Back to normal mode! Later, Shoe!

:Off-Topic:
Has it occurred to anyone how similar the discourse of larry retired and corpoffice is structured??? Makes me wonder if they're related!!! :hysterical:

:Off-Topic:
Has it occurred to anyone how similar the discourse of larry retired and corpoffice is structured??? Makes me wonder if they're related!!! :hysterical:
Naah, I got it on good authority that he's a Hottie Cheerleader man. And I found him out first so get outta here. :hysterical: :biglaugh:

OMG did I just break a rule by calling out a mod?

Naah, I got it on good authority that he's a Hottie Cheerleader man. And I found him out first so get outta here. :hysterical: :biglaugh:

I don't know if you broke a rule, but you just compared me to George W. Bush. That joker WAS a cheerleader. I have never been so deeply wounded.

I don't know if you broke a rule, but you just compared me to George W. Bush. That joker WAS a cheerleader. I have never been so deeply wounded.
When ever I invisioned a cheerleader, George W never came to mind. I'll never be able to think about a cheerleader the same way ever again. Thanks alot Larry. :chairshot:

When ever I invisioned a cheerleader, George W never came to mind. I'll never be able to think about a cheerleader the same way ever again. Thanks alot Larry. :chairshot:

A trip to your local Hooters should fix that!! :party-smiley-017: :party-smiley-017:

Hottie Cheerleader I get, but MAN?

Larry related to me? Hmm. Maybe like the twins movie. Unfortunately, I'm played by Danny DeVito.

CorpOffice

Hottie Cheerleader I get, but MAN?

Larry related to me? Hmm. Maybe like the twins movie. Unfortunately, I'm played by Danny DeVito.

CorpOffice
:hysterical: :biglaugh: Not to worry Corpoffice the "Hottie" remark was towards Larry, kinda a little private joke. And if Larry is as ugly as I fear, I ain't interested in him either.
:stirthepot:

"We are going right to the core of FedEx, Con-Way and ODFL at a time when word on the street is that they are missing pickups, missing deliveries and damaging freight more."

I have not missed one pickup since working here 1.5 months ago, same with my friend. FedEx has a good reputation for picking up and delivering freight on time. As far as damaged freight, I've hardly seen any. I'm not saying FedEx is perfect or that I'm a fan of fred smith, but if you guys want to win freight back, it's got to be done by price.

"We are going right to the core of FedEx, Con-Way and ODFL at a time when word on the street is that they are missing pickups, missing deliveries and damaging freight more."

I have not missed one pickup since working here 1.5 months ago, same with my friend. FedEx has a good reputation for picking up and delivering freight on time. As far as damaged freight, I've hardly seen any. I'm not saying FedEx is perfect or that I'm a fan of fred smith, but if you guys want to win freight back, it's got to be done by price.
Correct me if I miss heard this, but did'nt Fed Ex just post their worst, or first loss (not sure) in this quarter? Now if price is the answer, how many quarters you gonna keep that up? :shrug:

Correct me if I miss heard this, but did'nt Fed Ex just post their worst, or first loss (not sure) in this quarter? Now if price is the answer, how many quarters you gonna keep that up? :shrug:

I never said they are perfect. Most of their stock issues is from their mistake with the Ground division. Kinda hurts when the IRS says you owe 300 million in backed taxes.