Yellow | Freight + no manpower = loss of customers

Skinnytrucker

TB Regular
Credits
I found out today we lost one of our biggest customers due to the co. not wanting to work the one laid off guy we have at 230. Three men cannot service the entire U.P. especially in the winter time. Can't service the customer means they will find someone else. Anyone else having this problem at their barn.

This has been going on for years at the former Roadway 681 terminal Charlotte NC. BTW R-14 Iron Mountain (230)
its in Norway, Michigan

Ok it took me awhile to find this so here's the answer to you post ! All shipments through YRC or any trucking companies are covered by TARIFF and all the TARIFFS have a disclaimer on them !

Money-Back Standard LTL Service Guarantee, as stated in this
item, will not apply in the event the carrier is unable to deliver the
shipment within the time and date specified due to causes beyond the
control of the carrier, including, but not limited to:

The acts of God, the acts or omissions by shipper, consignee, owner of
goods or public authority, the existence of violence or such possible
disturbance as creating reasonable apprehension of danger, the public
enemy, Government regulations, orders or requirements, riots, severe
weather or other disasters that disrupt ground transportation networks,
strikes or labor disputes.

When you ship with ANY trucking company in the winter they all use the WEATHER clause to still make you pay the rates you set with them before !! This also covers all Time Critical and Guarantee deliverers, shipper still have to pay even though service was not met !

I suppose the point skinnytrucker was making was not whether YRC would get paid due to weather but the fact that another customer has left because of poor service due to not enough workers.

Perhaps an additional worker would have helped spread out the workload and kept the customer happy and continue to use us and keep the revenue stream rolling our way.

But then again if the corporate philosophy is to 'shrink to prosperity' they are doing an excellent job......................

Aren't almost all costs of doing business there fixed costs? Even with that one customer, only one road driver schedule, same terminal, same office and management staff, same number of trucks. So the cost per customer and per shipment went up by losing that one customer or that one shipment. That is why yellow and roadway were so tough to compete with before, the cost per customer and per shipment was so low.

Eh... I was in Marquette, Christmas, and Germfask in LATE September and it was nearly 70 degrees.

Actually swam @ Sand River in Au Train and worked up a sweat hiking Presque Isle Park and kayaking thru Seney, !!

It was nicer there than back at home in Central Indiana.

Quit your whining!!