Yellow | Freight Talks

I would hope we wouldnt have to start paying 150.00 per month for health insurance,dont think that would fly.

I got a recorded call from Tyson last night. Said basically what was in the news letter. Expects to have an agreement by the end of the month/year..whichever comes first!

I feel left out Tyson has not called me.
Seems I read somewhere he was going into negotiations with a Lean set of proposals. Why would you go lean and come out trimmed ?? Maybe when he calls I can ask this question.. :hide:

By the looks of the recent contracts negotiated by the international, I really don't think we are going to like what comes out off the NMFA negotiations. Stand strong brothers, make them give us a contract we deserve, we have been left behind for years now. YRCW and ABF have made more money in the last 4 years of this contract than ever before !!!! Just because the economy is in bad shape now doesn't mean the end of the world as our companies would like us to believe!!! Make sure Jimmy and Tyson know we want our pension and medical plans protected and left alone.:1036316054:

The UPS Freight contract signed by the International Union at one terminal in Indianapolis hangs like a cloud over the bargaining table, negotiators report.
It allows unlimited casuals, part-timers, a much cheaper pension commitment by the company, and requires Teamsters to pay $150 per month to get family health coverage.
YRC is looking to get “operational flexibility” such as the UPS Freight contract allows. One danger is that the “utility driver” rules given in the last contract for Premium Service will spread to cover the whole contract.

The above was cut and pasted off of Tdu's page. Who the Hell gave that Crappy Contract to UPS Freight anyway???? I hope none of tnhs Crap filters into the NMFA and if it does "WE Have to knock it down" To me that is a slap in the face and a major step backwards!!

JR

I got a recorded call from Tyson last night. Said basically what was in the news letter. Expects to have an agreement by the end of the month/year..whichever comes first!
Forgot the most important choice, it should have stated Expects to have an agreement by the end of the month/year/world.................................. whichever comes first!!!

Why does it have to be a five year contract ??Why not a one year or two year and re-do it as the economy improves...

Forgot the most important choice, it should have stated Expects to have an agreement by the end of the month/year/world.................................. whichever comes first!!!

Freight update Dec 5 just came in the mail .Tyson says about 2/3 of the shippers typically sign contracts by the end of the year to determine who their carriers will be for the following service year. " I appreciate our members' support up to this point, and we will need more support as we make our final push during the next two weeks" - Tyson Johnson, Nation Freight Division Director.

I guess that they expect it to be settled in 2 weeks.

The UPS Freight contract signed by the International Union at one terminal in Indianapolis hangs like a cloud over the bargaining table, negotiators report.
It allows unlimited casuals, part-timers, a much cheaper pension commitment by the company, and requires Teamsters to pay $150 per month to get family health coverage.
YRC is looking to get “operational flexibility” such as the UPS Freight contract allows. One danger is that the “utility driver” rules given in the last contract for Premium Service will spread to cover the whole contract.

The above was cut and pasted off of Tdu's page. Who the Hell gave that Crappy Contract to UPS Freight anyway???? I hope none of tnhs Crap filters into the NMFA and if it does "WE Have to knock it down" To me that is a slap in the face and a major step backwards!!

JR
those ups freight workers did when they voted in favor of it instead of sending them back to the table. 5 years ago they tried to get us to pay for our health insurance and we voted to strike. the companies quickly changed their minds.

By the looks of the recent contracts negotiated by the international, I really don't think we are going to like what comes out off the NMFA negotiations. Stand strong brothers, make them give us a contract we deserve, we have been left behind for years now. YRCW and ABF have made more money in the last 4 years of this contract than ever before !!!! Just because the economy is in bad shape now doesn't mean the end of the world as our companies would like us to believe!!! Make sure Jimmy and Tyson know we want our pension and medical plans protected and left alone.:1036316054:
vote no! a no vote does'nt mean you are going to lose your job. show tyson johnson and the company something by voting no. they know most guys are going to vote for whatever they put in front of you. use your power of the vote to give you something better!

It dont have to be 5 years Crazy, but that's what the companies want and unfortunately our international goes along with them. Like Johnny Rotten says if we dont like it vote it down. I invested 36 years in this union and i am not giving away my future because somebody in the ibt says this is the best we can do for you guys now in this economy. THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!

How do I know when or if I should vote yes? Is a .50 cent raise with no changes acceptable? It seems to me anything they are going to offer is going to suck. This is my first contract voting opportunity.

Has to be settled fast!

Seeing as the bottom 40% of the freight division is laid off on withdrawal cards, it should be a pretty easy win for TMI!

I believe that laid off employess still vote..don't they???

Docksteward, can you shed light on this question.