Yellow | Freight Talks

those ups freight workers did when they voted in favor of it instead of sending them back to the table. 5 years ago they tried to get us to pay for our health insurance and we voted to strike. the companies quickly changed their minds.

Deadhead, don't be so quick to jump on the UPSF workers, let's not forget this the first experience many of them have had with voting a contract. The real fault falls squarely on Hoffa and Ken Hall for not demanding UPSF provide nothing less than the NMFA. Hoffa and Hall have handed UPSF a sweet deal that completely undermines the NMFA and I say stand by for heavy rolls (old navy expression).

That's the truth!!! The contract given to upsf will come back to hurt all of us in the nmfa. The international opened the door for the tmi companies to scream us too. How can you give a contract that is substandered to the nmfa to the largest profit making company in trucking. It doesn't make sense.And don't tell me that it brings 15,000 new members to the teamsters because that is not guaranteed plus it has underminded everything that juniors father did to establis ha Naional Freight Ageement.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, Its easy math people. 25% laid off, 25% yes votes, (cause this is the greatest money they have ever made & they're home more) 25% are to DAMN LAZY to vote & 25% vote NO. 75% will beat 25% everytime.

DON'T VOTE, DON'T *****!!!!!!!

I got a recorded call from Tyson last night. Said basically what was in the news letter. Expects to have an agreement by the end of the month/year..whichever comes first!

I thought they both were on the same time line... :clap:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, Its easy math people. 25% laid off, 25% yes votes, (cause this is the greatest money they have ever made & they're home more) 25% are to DAMN LAZY to vote & 25% vote NO. 75% will beat 25% everytime.

DON'T VOTE, DON'T *****!!!!!!!

Just pokin' at you, but sounds like a dead heat to me. 50% can't or are too lazy to vote and the yes and no votes are tied. Took half the morning for me to figure that out. :hysterical:

I voted NO last time, so I'm bit**in'. And I suspect I'll vote no this time (for all the good it'll do me).

Pay???

I would hope we wouldnt have to start paying 150.00 per month for health insurance,dont think that would fly.

What planet are you living on?? Do you know how few people, union or non-union, pay zero for benefits in 2007??!! I am in management with one of your competitors; I pay $120 twice a month to cover my family. Very nice coverage I might add though. My heart really bleeds for you. Wake up, it's 2007, not 1967.

Bulls&^%, you'll vote your pocketbook!

Just pokin' at you, but sounds like a dead heat to me. 50% can't or are too lazy to vote and the yes and no votes are tied. Took half the morning for me to figure that out. :hysterical:

I voted NO last time, so I'm bit**in'. And I suspect I'll vote no this time (for all the good it'll do me).

Oh yeah, you and all your sheep followers will all spout how you voted NO on a crap contract. But when you cast that secret ballot, you'll vote your pocketbook (yes) to keep on paying for your house, college, etc. Vote for the damn thing, keep your paycheck. It's like a brother said at CF when the 12.5% wage cut was proposed 2 months before the collapse. He said "You know that 87.5% of something is a whole lot better than 0% of nothing." We all found that to be painfully true several weeks later. Course everyone has forgot about the overnight evaporation of CF and 20,000 jobs...or so it seems.

What planet are you living on?? Do you know how few people, union or non-union, pay zero for benefits in 2007??!! I am in management with one of your competitors; I pay $120 twice a month to cover my family. Very nice coverage I might add though. My heart really bleeds for you. Wake up, it's 2007, not 1967.

Who cares what you pay? That's your problem. Wake up, you're in management. You don't have anybody to represent your interests. This is about freight talks - remember?

Oh yeah, you and all your sheep followers will all spout how you voted NO on a crap contract. But when you cast that secret ballot, you'll vote your pocketbook (yes) to keep on paying for your house, college, etc. Vote for the damn thing, keep your paycheck. It's like a brother said at CF when the 12.5% wage cut was proposed 2 months before the collapse. He said "You know that 87.5% of something is a whole lot better than 0% of nothing." We all found that to be painfully true several weeks later. Course everyone has forgot about the overnight evaporation of CF and 20,000 jobs...or so it seems.

There you go again, talking out your arse. :hysterical:

I voted NO and I'm still bit****.

Its gonna be easy for me.
Part-timers, pay more for insurance (if someone thinks having to pay deductibles isn't paying for their insurance they're crazy.)
Hate to say it but NO.

Just my opinion,but I really don't think their will be a contract proposal before the end of the year.Issues :
1.The part- timer with no benefits.
2. medical. A co-pay.
3.wages.Will they pay the same raises that UPSF got and have the a increase in Pension benefits.

toowindy,that kind of thinking is exacatly whats wrong in this country today. why why why do you want to bring us down to your standards? why not ask "how can i get UP to your standards" .the companys are making record profits and always want givebacks or "help" i for one refuse to drink that kool-aid! wake up before you pay them to have a job

wake up who would call a hosser -let alone a cf housser LOL
not a hoffa fan but he is better then tdu
but with union workers voting for Evil doers like Bush and his (⊙▃⊙)'s for christ
republicians --he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with.