Estes | freight

our term. just lost a big account because of damage,and we seem to loose their freight, and then just to show them we are really serious about loosing their account we deliver two or three days late.

Lets just ride it out, and have a good attitude about everything. It should get better as long as everyone has a good outlook on everything.:1036316054::smilie_132:

Just curious how having a good outlook is going to do anything to improve freight levels?

If it comes down to a shipment needing shipped and the customer likes how you present yourself about the co. It could end up a new acct. or not. But it is something you need to do.(GOOD OUTLOOK)

I was off 2 days last week. I can't remember the last time I missed 2 days in the same week. Preparing to lose some weight this winter.

We are getting pounded in the Northeast this week as far as inbound. Outbound has been a little slow..

Figured I'd just bump this one up.... Happy to report we've got more freight than we know what to do with here @ 024 HAR. Dockworkers on mandatory OT, and they're asking for as much help as they can get for over the weekend. Even if this is an end of the month/end of the quarter spike.. It hasn't been like this for months. We must be doing something right. :smilie_132:

same here and reports from denver they are covered up as well. kc is holding their own right now but we will be swamped soon

2nd shift dock coming in to work 300-400 bills in the hole left over from 1st every day. Hired 2 dockworkers this week. All bid runs leaving high and tight with plenty of extra loads after. Swamped here in 074

2nd shift dock coming in to work 300-400 bills in the hole left over from 1st every day. Hired 2 dockworkers this week. All bid runs leaving high and tight with plenty of extra loads after. Swamped here in 074

I imagine that compact terminal is a is a mess.

Lets just ride it out, and have a good attitude about everything. It should get better as long as everyone has a good outlook on everything.:1036316054::smilie_132:

It's pretty hard to have a good outlook when finally we get a little busy at our terminal and then here come the contractors Us Express, Covenant, Big Orange, and see them come in take all the freight and we get left with the leftovers.
This company shows me more and more everyday they could give a crap about there own drivers.
Last week I went out empty and saw that a couple contractors took a good 500 mile plus loads out while I ended up stopping at 4 different terminals and ended up with just over 420 for the night.

It's pretty hard to have a good outlook when finally we get a little busy at our terminal and then here come the contractors Us Express, Covenant, Big Orange, and see them come in take all the freight and we get left with the leftovers.
This company shows me more and more everyday they could give a crap about there own drivers.
Last week I went out empty and saw that a couple contractors took a good 500 mile plus loads out while I ended up stopping at 4 different terminals and ended up with just over 420 for the night.
I see alot of contractors hauling 53s some on told me that most of them dont have doubles endorsments,dont know how true that is,but they should give are guys first crack.

I'm just assuming that the price to move our trucks cost nearly the same as the outsiders charge. I would imagine we have to use them an x number of times to keep the cost down. If we gave them a multi-stop load the companies charge alot of money for that. The companies I know charge $100 a stop.(They only give thier drivers about $15). I think the reason for so many outsiders right now is to just see what's going to happen with the economy just to see if more drivers are really needed.(IMHO) I hear it cost's about $800 to hire a new driver.