TForce | Freightliner Columbia

UPSFreightDUId

TB Lurker
Credits
Heres a pic of the Freightliner Columbia taken by me, supposedly the only one in the fleet, and the only Freightliner Conventional, as they run the Argosy (cab over) out West. Anyone know anything else about this unit? Are their possibly others?? I'm just curious, I reckon it was a test truck for Overnite...
002-1.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of the new Sterling if someone has one, I gotta look but I also have a pic of the Overnite "new" logo pup that was supposedly going to be our new logo had UPS not bought us out...

That new OVNT logo did not look much different from to old one. I wonder how much money Leo and Gordey hand in the budget for the new logo? I thought it was a waste for a new OVNT logo when it was not much difference from the old one.

lets see, the stars where from Nabisco, the oval was from goodyear

10406 is in kc

10407 was in lex and now is in ind, twin turbo cat's

i drove 10407 off and on. better than a international but louder than a Volvo but, it would pull like one of the new Volvo's.

Appreciate the info, glad to know theirs a few other Freightshakers out there...Heres a pic of the "new" logo pup when it came through my terminal a few years back, the rear had the logo then spelled out "our people make the difference" and had the website address as well...
IM002453.jpg

Any idea if this trailer is still around? Has it been rebranded? Was this the only pup to carry this paint scheme???

Appreciate the info, glad to know theirs a few other Freightshakers out there...Heres a pic of the "new" logo pup when it came through my terminal a few years back, the rear had the logo then spelled out "our people make the difference" and had the website address as well...
IM002453.jpg

Any idea if this trailer is still around? Has it been rebranded? Was this the only pup to carry this paint scheme???

DATE TIME EVNT
11/07 20:49 RKI
If you look above that trailer is in RKI and it is not rebranded it still has a SCAC code of OVNT

doesn't those pictures and memories leave a bad taste in your mouth. I am sure glad I will never have to say I worked for OVNT....get over it this is upsfreight.....

the picture of that columbia must have been taken around Gaffney. i've seen it a few times on I-85 when i pass near your terminal in Gaffney on my way from Charlotte. i have not seen a Sterling in GVL. i use to work the city, but now linehaul so i don't see as many of the trucks as i use to.

Appreciate you posting that pic Renegade, I guess those models never really took off with any carrier really, would make a good city unit I suppose.

Demolition Man, naw that pic isn't from Gaffney, I believe that Columbia is based out of GVL though...I work at a different terminal, and it was quite a surprise to see that Freightliner come through.

Appreciate you posting that pic Renegade, I guess those models never really took off with any carrier really, would make a good city unit I suppose.

..not sure if it ever was a road unit.Its used in the city now,seems to be sitting alot..you know it probably still hard to beat the old MB..a new and updated version might sale...you know you could get them about anywhere...

doesn't those pictures and memories leave a bad taste in your mouth. I am sure glad I will never have to say I worked for OVNT....get over it this is upsfreight.....

Although "O" went down hill the last 5 years or so (in my mind) NO, not a bad taste in my mouth at all. I was able to own a home and also a summer home and put two kids through college. I was very fortunate to have worked for "O" Yes, "O" is gone. Its history now. I am very fortunate to have a job with UPSF and will continue to enjoy the fruits from my very modest pay check. Happy to have the shield behind me in these very desperate economic times and you should be too!

Although "O" went down hill the last 5 years or so (in my mind) NO, not a bad taste in my mouth at all. I was able to own a home and also a summer home and put two kids through college. I was very fortunate to have worked for "O" Yes, "O" is gone. Its history now. I am very fortunate to have a job with UPSF and will continue to enjoy the fruits from my very modest pay check. Happy to have the shield behind me in these very desperate economic times and you should be too!

Well said!!! :1036316054:

Webidiot, I was just posting some pictures of some interesting equipment thats come through my terminal, as I have quite a collection of photos. If you have any pix of Motor Cargo equipment, I'd like to see that as well, as I only have pictures of a cab over International sleeper that was a loaner unit here down south, and various MC pups including some reefer pups, former CF pups, and whatnot.

Appreciate it wtfcares, I've been a fan of hankstruckpictures.com for many years, theirs still units I've never seen in the fleet though, like the freightliner renegade posted, as well as variations of some tractors that are unique to certain terminals...