ODFL | From five region to six

DMT

TB Veteran
Credits
The OD website now shows we have six regions instead of five the midwest region has been split.Does this look like a setup for a major expansion soon or am i just reading to much into it.go to the OD website and click tools and then service center locator and the region map comes up.

one term expanding would not affect it but have herd rumors that they are going to open more terms in north and south dakota and in mn. this could be them preparing

look at the map this sets it up for IND to be a regional hub. KCY is expanding from 68 to 150 doors. It will have a 5 or 7 bay shop (I forget) The area VP and saftey manager is already based their. Almost all the points maybe all of them. are relay points out of KCY. the only other regional hub possibility I could see would be DSM.

This also divides the US up in more even portions. OD is already strong with long haul movement of freight. there were points say out of Michigan and Ohio that are in fact not overnight points. to the western regions of the old Midwest region. ODs company statement is the premier national and regional carrier (something like that). Their weak side has always been regional movement of freight compared to Conway and Fed X National.

my opinion is they split the map to make it look more appealing to customers the web site is all about marketing and not company policy yes it is true kcy will be a big hub but so is parsons and it is on that map to most maps have several major regional hubs on them the southeast map has at least five or more