Estes | From Jr.

I just rehired at 028 this week as linehaul/ extraboard. Process actually takes longer than a new hire cause they really make sure that nobody had any problems with you from before. Was off 12 weeks and it's great to be back again.

Welcome Back! Happy to hear it!

Thanks everybody! It's because of all of you guys taking care of business and doing things right that allowed us on the sidelines to be called back into the game. If anybody else on RIF status has any questions about rehire, please PM me and I will share what i know to try and help you return also. It would be great to get everybody back that wants to be back.

Guess the email turned out to be true. Any other terminals buried with freight? Here @ 024 we've been somewhere between 115-150 loads in the hole for about a week. Freight is practically falling off the dock, because we have no empties and can't empty the trailers we do have fast enough. We've been putting easily over 1000 bills a night outbound. There are also rumors of at least 1 more "bypass" lanes being created to run from HAR-KNX.. Guess we'll see how that goes. Big changes all around 024 also, some for the good and some for the bad.

[quote author=Estands4Evil link=topic=75474.msg818176#msg818176 date=1270072747]
Guess the email turned out to be true. Any other terminals buried with freight? Here @ 024 we've been somewhere between 115-150 loads in the hole for about a week. Freight is practically falling off the dock, because we have no empties and can't empty the trailers we do have fast enough. We've been putting easily over 1000 bills a night outbound. There are also rumors of at least 1 more "bypass" lanes being created to run from HAR-KNX.. Guess we'll see how that goes. Big changes all around 024 also, some for the good and some for the bad.

I think that's a common problem, the whole midwest seems to have the same problems !!!!

Hey guys, just an update to let you all know that I got my job back also. I have been back for about a month now. Five months being laid off wasn't all that fun.

Welcome back WasEmployed! I believe you will find things a lot more positive now than last fall. It's a great time to be working at Big E. There's still a few others that need to come back and hopefully they will be returning also. We could really use them now.