Reddaway | From Portland Terminal

Easy stuff

Its always easier to do the hard stuff when you're young than it is when you're older. Just something to think about, what if, when you're the senior guy they decide to give the hard stuff to you and let the junior guy have the easy stuff? Its, in my opinion, better to have things in writing that say what can and can't happen, in clear detail. Just my two cents about this issue. I work under the master and sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't but at least I know what to expect every day.

Did you know benny in nonunion terminals they give the hard stuff(tires,liftgate,sort/seg) to the old guys to get them to quit? Its sad but true,all they care about is numbers not if you blow your knee out or your back.

Did you know benny in nonunion terminals they give the hard stuff(tires,liftgate,sort/seg) to the old guys to get them to quit? Its sad but true,all they care about is numbers not if you blow your knee out or your back.

Yes sir, I've heard that things like that happen. I don't understand why people choose to be non-Union but maybe they don't understand why I choose to be Union either? Its not my place to judge other people on their choice's in life but I know how I feel on my choice. I like knowing what to expect and where I stand when it comes to my job, but thats just me. I have my rights in writing to use as I see fit, its my choice.

I'm pro-Teamster but that's not true in my yard. The older/seniority guys get the prime runs no matter how old they are. What you're saying would be grounds for a big lawsuit on the company. Teamster or not, the company's not gonna be that stupid. Plus, when an employee gets hurt on the job, that costs more money than the regular payroll. I know that the non-union terminals pull a lot of crap but that would just be stupid. Just my opinion...:1036316054:

Your lucky

I'm pro-Teamster but that's not true in my yard. The older/seniority guys get the prime runs no matter how old they are. What you're saying would be grounds for a big lawsuit on the company. Teamster or not, the company's not gonna be that stupid. Plus, when an employee gets hurt on the job, that costs more money than the regular payroll. I know that the non-union terminals pull a lot of crap but that would just be stupid. Just my opinion...:1036316054:

TURTLE YOU MUST WORK AT A BARN WERE SENIORITY IS RESPECTED. THIS NOT THE CASE IN SACRAMENTO#515,LAWSUIT? ARE YOU KIDDING? YOU WOULD GET A LOAD OF TIRES EVERYDAY JUST FOR SPEAKING UP FOR YOURSELF! EXAMPLE THERES A 930AM BID NOBODY TOOK WHO HAD SENIORITY A GUY 6TH FROM THE BOTTOM TOOK IT AND HE STARTS 600AM ALL THE TIME!! HES A(:butt kiss:) HE STARTS AHEAD OF GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN HERE 15-YRS! WHAT SHOULD WE DO TURTLE?:hide:

It's all about the run around... It's company policy that if a lower seniority driver gets your run or if you're on the extra-board and he gets a better run that you weren't offered, that would fall under run around. Then if your TM doesn't acknowledge that fact, then it's labor board time.

I am really surprised that the line drivers voted down the Teamsters with that going on... Is anyone regretful?

Gates still open

it's all about the run around... It's company policy that if a lower seniority driver gets your run or if you're on the extra-board and he gets a better run that you weren't offered, that would fall under run around. Then if your tm doesn't acknowledge that fact, then it's labor board time.

I am really surprised that the line drivers voted down the teamsters with that going on... Is anyone regretful?

you know i thought that mgmt would be lovey-dubby with the troops but thats not the case, its like in your face payback time! Sure the troops are regretful, but nothing you can do but show up and fthemwthasmile!:1036316054: