Yellow | From the call transcript about ABF lawsuit :

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
I'm probably wasting my time but here's the call transcript about the ABF vs YRC and the Teamsters lawsuit . Some info is important . Also one important note ABS ( Arkansas Best ) = ABFS the parent company of ABF freight

As you probably know by now ABS has filed a suit in U.S. District Court of Arkansas attempting to nullify our contract with our Teamster Employees. Their claim is in direct contradiction to the laws governing labor contracts and in direct contradiction to their specific statements regarding their intention to not be bound by any agreements with TMI and the IBT. They are not a party to our labor contract. Let me give you some historical background.

For the five year labor contract which began on April 1st, 2008 ABS decided not to bargain with YRC and Holland. In August 2007, letter Bob Davidson, former CEO of ABS stated, “ABS will not consider itself bound to any such agreement, reached between TMI and the IBT.” In another August 2007 letter to the Teamsters, Mr. Davidson stated, “ABS hereby gives notice that it will conduct future negotiations directly with the IBT in order to enter into a new collective bargaining agreement applicable only to ABS.” ABS then dropped out of our negotiations of the 2008 contract and never became a party to our contract; later ABS was unable to negotiate a deal of their own and decided to enter into a contract with their employees that we’ve been told was on the same terms as the agreement that YRC and Holland has negotiated. We’re not a party to their labor contract with their employees.

Early this year ABS again tried to desperately negotiate; this time it was for an amendment to their 2008 labor contract. ABS proposed amendment was presented to its employees for ratification and was voted down. This very amendment stated that ABS was not part of our contract or our multi-employer bargaining unit. With the recent actions ABS is now interfering with our contract with our employees. We’ve sacrificed so much and approved three amendments. We will vigorously defend the decisions that our employees have made. Due to the pending itigation we won’t comment further on this call but we will update you as we file our quarterly response. Now I’ll turn it back over to Bill for closing............

Taken from the following link : YRC Worldwide CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript -- Seeking Alpha

I wonder what Zollars would say if the shoe was on the other foot and he was ABFS's CEO. Its pointsless and not right in my opinion to have a NMFA and not make it apply to everyone. I think work rules can be adjusted on a case by case basis, but the pay and benefits to each employee should be universal or it weakens the whole point of a national agreement. To me it doesn't matter what CEO Davidson said in 2008 or whatever. It doesn't matter that ABFS didn't negotiate. Everyone gets the same NMFA or get rid of it!

Sorry Truckinginus I didn't put the above person was Mike Smid talking and not Zollars . And also could all of this be so simple as the new CEO didn't know what the old CEO had agree upon ? And also the former CEO didn't say it he sent a letter In August 2007, letter Bob Davidson, former CEO of ABS stated, “ABS will not consider itself bound to any such agreement, reached between TMI and the IBT.” In another August 2007 letter to the Teamsters, Mr. Davidson stated, “ABS hereby gives notice that it will conduct future negotiations directly with the IBT in order to enter into a new collective bargaining agreement applicable only to ABS.” ABS then dropped out of our negotiations of the 2008 contract and never became a party to our contract; Now I am not making a judgment all I'm saying is maybe the new CEO is bound by what the old CEO had agreed upon .

Sorry Truckinginus I didn't put the above person was Mike Smid talking and not Zollars . And also could all of this be so simple as the new CEO didn't know what the old CEO had agree upon ? And also the former CEO didn't say it he sent a letter In August 2007, letter Bob Davidson, former CEO of ABS stated, “ABS will not consider itself bound to any such agreement, reached between TMI and the IBT.” In another August 2007 letter to the Teamsters, Mr. Davidson stated, “ABS hereby gives notice that it will conduct future negotiations directly with the IBT in order to enter into a new collective bargaining agreement applicable only to ABS.” ABS then dropped out of our negotiations of the 2008 contract and never became a party to our contract; Now I am not making a judgment all I'm saying is maybe the new CEO is bound by what the old CEO had agreed upon .
All of this transpired when ABF was trying to get out of the pension. In the end we all voted on the same "best contract ever".

id bet my lefty that abf wins. the only way it can change is , abf gets to vote on the same consessions. that is why i believe the ibt is entertaining the same vote to abf teamsters.

id bet my lefty that abf wins. the only way it can change is , abf gets to vote on the same consessions. that is why i believe the ibt is entertaining the same vote to abf teamsters.

No way ABF wins, but then again I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be like some people here. And where did you see that the IBT is entertaining the same vote for ABF?

They were asked once and voted NO! good then, but now she wants to sue. Let's see what happens. ALOT of money to be spent on LAWSUITS ,companys and UNION! lawyers always win! LAWSUIT will last for YRS!

They were asked once and voted NO! good then, but now she wants to sue. Let's see what happens. ALOT of money to be spent on LAWSUITS ,companys and UNION! lawyers always win! LAWSUIT will last for YRS!
dont believe it will last for years, ibt has money but yrc has none . yrc needs every dime for operations. lost money in third qtr. the fourth qtr. and first are slower . this means recovery plan will speed up. in the cc you heard, shut more terminals. nor dose the ibt want this lawsuit. look at the pr alone. a teamster company sueing the ibt and yrc .i dont know what you think . to me as a teamster this is the worst mess i have seen. but let me tell you my brothers , the bottom line is greed. divide and conquer . and guess what it is all down hill from here. a company can not be profitable, useing these tatics. all i can say time will tell, lets see yrc has lost money in every qtr. for almost two years now. and who has suffered the most. the employees, layoffs and pension and wages, and work rules. i ask you what has happen to yrc or the ibt. layoffs in management at yrc , its the little guys they are axeing not the ones who got yrc in this mess. little guys dont run the company. they are told what to do. i believe with this mentality they will never make money. because it is all about them. and we will do whatever to protect us. and make everyone else pay. and because of this yrc has lost every qtr. for almost two years.

i think what we had just voted on was discrimantory and illegal.my point is that us members dont have a say in pension issues.that is up to the central states pension trustees.the other part is cutting a week off members that have 4 or more vacations.some of those elements should have not been included in the proposal.plus if yrcw is countersuing.doesnt that cost money?

just like a chick to shoot her mouth off without thinking about the consequences or ramifications...just sayn' ...

i think what we had just voted on was discrimantory and illegal.my point is that us members dont have a say in pension issues.that is up to the central states pension trustees.the other part is cutting a week off members that have 4 or more vacations.some of those elements should have not been included in the proposal.plus if yrcw is countersuing.doesnt that cost money?

How is asking a party to a contract to vote on concessions illegal, or discriminatory? As to the pension-- do we not have representatives on the Board?