Yellow | From the desk of Bill Zollars 8/7/2009

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
To: All YRC Worldwide employees

Today the majority of our employees represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters announced ratification of the proposed labor contract modifications. The modifications include a five percent incremental wage reduction and an 18-month cessation of union pension fund contributions, which will not require repayment. In exchange, Teamsters employees will receive options for 20 percent of the outstanding shares of YRC Worldwide stock, pending shareholder approval.

The support and professionalism of our union employees moves us another important step forward in our comprehensive plan to restore financial strength and position our company for future success. Related savings from the pension and wage reduction are estimated at approximately $45 million per month, and begin immediately. Savings grow to an estimated $50 million per month in 2010.

As with prior ratification elections, a small number of the bargaining units representing less than 10 percent of our Teamsters employees did not yet ratify the labor agreement modifications. The company and the Teamsters expect to address employee concerns and have these smaller bargaining units reconsider the modifications in the near future.

I encourage you to read the full release about the ratification vote on @yrcw or YRCW.com. I also hope you will take part in our quarterly Town Hall Meeting on Monday, Aug. 10, beginning at 10 a.m. Central Time. (Participation details on @yrcw.)

I appreciate the support of all our employee-owners as we manage our way through this challenging economy. Your daily dedication builds confidence and shows our customers and competitors that YRC Worldwide will come through this recession stronger than ever.

Thank you,

Bill Zollars

Chairman, President & CEO

YRC Worldwide

Well, now that it has passed let's hope it has the desired effect of keeping this thing afloat. Only time will tell.

Today the majority of our employees represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters announced ratification of the proposed labor contract modifications. The modifications include a five percent incremental wage reduction and an 18-month cessation of union pension fund contributions, which will not require repayment. In exchange, Teamsters employees will receive options for 20 percent of the outstanding shares of YRC Worldwide stock, pending shareholder approval.

The support and professionalism of our union employees moves us another important step forward in our comprehensive plan to restore financial strength and position our company for future success. Related savings from the pension and wage reduction are estimated at approximately $45 million per month, and begin immediately. Savings grow to an estimated $50 million per month in 2010.

As with prior ratification elections, a small number of the bargaining units representing less than 10 percent of our Teamsters employees did not yet ratify the labor agreement modifications. The company and the Teamsters expect to address employee concerns and have these smaller bargaining units reconsider the modifications in the near future.

I encourage you to read the full release about the ratification vote on @yrcw or YRCW.com. I also hope you will take part in our quarterly Town Hall Meeting on Monday, Aug. 10, beginning at 10 a.m. Central Time. (Participation details on @yrcw.)

I appreciate the support of all our employee-owners as we manage our way through this challenging economy. Your daily dedication builds confidence and shows our customers and competitors that YRC Worldwide will come through this recession stronger than ever.

Thank you,

Bill Zollars

YRC Worldwide

whatever.png

Thank you,

Bill Zollars

YRC Worldwide

as a proud union man working for New Penn, i'm not reconsidering ::shit:: ! here's a big F-U to you Billy Boy and the rest of YRCW !

From the table of bz....thank you boys and girls for allowing yrc enough time to get our golden parachutes ready.I don't know who your parents are but they sure did raise some idiots.and for that I want to thank your parents.I can't believe you're giving our money back.we will continue to have faulty management.why would we quit?since it is your money we are operating on.your dime your time.how did you all like the cessation of your pension payments?I'm beside myself that I even pulled that off.I know you all have pet names for me.I don't care.I'm winning.I guess that means you all are what?can you say losing?I bet you can.sincerely BIll Zollars

I can't believe someone would get so excited to want to post this BZ propaganda bullshit!

:butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss:

Hey TARD (trademark) did you read the part I highlighted ? That's what I was wanting everyone to read !

I can't believe someone would get so excited to want to post this BZ propaganda bullshit!

What will the :butt kiss:ers do in a few months when YRC ask for more

[YT]qdFLPn30dvQ[/YT]