Yellow | from the un-f...ing believable file...

Credits
Roadway and/or YRCW has once again proved they have no moral sense or care one bit for their employees.

One week after they call back 13 road drivers in Milwaukee they laid off all 13 plus 1. Some drivers had quit jobs and came back immediately and some gave notice to their employers and were planning on coming back this week, rumour has this decision was made made Monday Feb. 18, four days after the call back, however Rway didn't announce it until Friday Feb. 22. They didn't even have the decency to contact the guys who were still working their alternative jobs and tell them, instead they just let them quit thinking they were coming back.

This is the world we live in. If we don't take this country back and put a leash on corporate america and the neo-cons were gonna all be eating out of garbage cans. I'm so f...ing mad, the next time some blue collar republican tells me how great George Bush and the republican party is I swear I may resort to violence.

Mad as Hell in Milwaukee.

down with yellow frt. there a f---ing cancer. all there great ideas so only they can survive. give them the pipe at 313 they don't care as you can see.

Frt Zone

you have entered a dimension not only of letters and suspensions but terminations as well.ahead at the signpost the FRT ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!:hide:

Roadway and/or YRCW has once again proved they have no moral sense or care one bit for their employees.

One week after they call back 13 road drivers in Milwaukee they laid off all 13 plus 1. Some drivers had quit jobs and came back immediately and some gave notice to their employers and were planning on coming back this week, rumour has this decision was made made Monday Feb. 18, four days after the call back, however Rway didn't announce it until Friday Feb. 22. They didn't even have the decency to contact the guys who were still working their alternative jobs and tell them, instead they just let them quit thinking they were coming back.

This is the world we live in. If we don't take this country back and put a leash on corporate america and the neo-cons were gonna all be eating out of garbage cans. I'm so f...ing mad, the next time some blue collar republican tells me how great George Bush and the republican party is I swear I may resort to violence.

They've done this at Yellow before. Cuts the roster after guys get mad and quit. Very few wives will tolerate this, especially if they have kids. Very darn few.

At stroudsburg they called back two city guys this Monday and told them a day later they would be laid off at the end of the week. Then our bids went into effect this past Sunday, then Thursday they were up again and they cut 14 bids. They are trying to make their first quarter look like they are improving by cutting jobs. How about getting someone in there that knows how to run a trucking company. I have never in my 15 yrs seen such STUPID things happening as I do now. No thought for their employees, no thought about moral, and just STUPID nonsense all around. How can you run a company and not know what is going on. Bring them back, no lay them off, bid no rebid, who the fu$$ is running the show. To all the Wall street types who may read this, Yellow is the worst thing that could have happened to ROADWAY. I hate the company I now work for, they do nothing to get freight or business just keeep cutting jobs so it looks good for Wall street. They will cut bids to save money right now, but they do not pick up all the freight from our customers and miss pickups all the time, because me do not have the men to go get it because they laid them off , even knowing they need them. WTF They tell us at our terminal that it is company wide lay offs and bid cuts, but we have freight and customers waving a check out in front of our faces, all we have to do is go get it. How do you run a business like this. How do you tell a customer, sorry we can not come get your freight because we laid our drivers off.They just go to another carrier. It seems to me that YRC does not want to be in the freight business anymore. I know if I ran a business like this I would be out of business. No thought goes into what may work at one terminal does not work at all of them. We had a TM call our district manager and told him he needs the people to run his terminal, the district manager got back to him and corporate said they did not care cut what we told you to. Some one please tell me what the big plan is here. I have never seen so much money pissed away over STUPID things. The will trip over $5.00 to get to a penney. Anyone elese have the same story at your terminal let me know. 15yrs and I will be on the callboard and yes I have my CDL, what a JOKE.

it was the same way at holland a few weeks ago.talked to them friday and they said it was very slow there now,my guess -some customers got pissed and went someplace eles. i cant understand why they(yellow) would want all of us to go under,but it sure looks that way sometimes.

Clowns running the circus {YRC}

Hey get used to it.
The bean counting clowns run this circus. They have one thing over their managers head all the time. Do as we say or we will have another spineless clown here tomorrow that will.
This is nothing new for YRC.

Majority shareholders are the only people major corporations care about. They don't care about us or the customer for that matter.

It seems to me that YRC does not want to be in the freight business anymore. I know if I ran a business like this I would be out of business. No thought goes into what may work at one terminal does not work at all of them. We had a TM call our district manager and told him he needs the people to run his terminal, the district manager got back to him and corporate said they did not care cut what we told you to. Some one please tell me what the big plan is here. I have never seen so much money pissed away over STUPID things. The will trip over $5.00 to get to a penney. Anyone elese have the same story at your terminal let me know. 15yrs and I will be on the callboard and yes I have my CDL, what a JOKE.

I've said this from the day Yellow made this purchase. Yellow bought all these companies for 1 reason only. To bust the union. They don't care about missed pickups or freight sitting on the dock. Cause once the teamsters are gone, they'll make more $$$$$ for everyone than ever.:hide::nutkick:

And about the recalling a guy and laying him off again the next week. What better way to get a teamster to leave on his own. ^#$% with his life and he'll leave.
No more unempl., no more h&w bennys, no more paid vacations.:chairshot:

It is a shame for the guys in Milwaukee and I'll bet that some of them guys voted for the contract and then the company comes back and kickes them in the b@!!s !

I've said this from the day Yellow made this purchase. Yellow bought all these companies for 1 reason only. To bust the union. They don't care about missed pickups or freight sitting on the dock. Cause once the teamsters are gone, they'll make more $$$$$ for everyone than ever.:hide::nutkick:

Union-busting was what I told people from day one. Either that or they are proud teamsters.:hysterical: hope not but doesnt look good for us or the customer evidently.

Cut bids at 120

At stroudsburg they called back two city guys this Monday and told them a day later they would be laid off at the end of the week. Then our bids went into effect this past Sunday, then Thursday they were up again and they cut 14 bids. They are trying to make their first quarter look like they are improving by cutting jobs. How about getting someone in there that knows how to run a trucking company. I have never in my 15 yrs seen such STUPID things happening as I do now. No thought for their employees, no thought about moral, and just STUPID nonsense all around. How can you run a company and not know what is going on. Bring them back, no lay them off, bid no rebid, who the fu$$ is running the show. To all the Wall street types who may read this, Yellow is the worst thing that could have happened to ROADWAY. I hate the company I now work for, they do nothing to get freight or business just keeep cutting jobs so it looks good for Wall street. They will cut bids to save money right now, but they do not pick up all the freight from our customers and miss pickups all the time, because me do not have the men to go get it because they laid them off , even knowing they need them. WTF They tell us at our terminal that it is company wide lay offs and bid cuts, but we have freight and customers waving a check out in front of our faces, all we have to do is go get it. How do you run a business like this. How do you tell a customer, sorry we can not come get your freight because we laid our drivers off.They just go to another carrier. It seems to me that YRC does not want to be in the freight business anymore. I know if I ran a business like this I would be out of business. No thought goes into what may work at one terminal does not work at all of them. We had a TM call our district manager and told him he needs the people to run his terminal, the district manager got back to him and corporate said they did not care cut what we told you to. Some one please tell me what the big plan is here. I have never seen so much money pissed away over STUPID things. The will trip over $5.00 to get to a penney. Anyone elese have the same story at your terminal let me know. 15yrs and I will be on the callboard and yes I have my CDL, what a JOKE.

What you have to understand is that we as a company, have no interest in "Growing the Business"
That is the phrase that our ATM likes to throw at you when he is telling you it is YOUR fault there is very little freight in the trucks.
If our management team was concerned about "growing the business" they would not have fired one of the local sales people, and not found a replacement for over a month!
If management put as much effort into actually putting freight into trucks, as they did wasting time issuing letters for no real reason, other than they want to **** with someone they don't like this month.
We would need to hire people each month.
Moral?
What is any employees incentive to do a good job any more?
Guys can't even plan a babysitter for their kids because we change bids so often.
We now have a "part time" agent and a local who does nothing to support its members.
They are only concerned about leasing new cars and how many pensions they can line up for themselves!
We get *****ed at each week for the number of deliveries that come back each day not delievered.
But each day we are sent out in 53 ft trailers less than half full to make deliveries.
And each day the same freight comes back because it can't be delivered on a 53.
The dock forman (Hicks) could care less. He only wants the freight off the dock, so it looks like he is doing his job.
After 33 years as being a dock forman you would think he would know how to load a trailer?
Hey this is what they want.
Employees who don't care and just come in and put in the time.
So give it to them.
Just exactly that. What they want.

This is said exactly true word for word. At our Charlotte NC break, we are missing pickups and bringing back the same freight every day. Even the city supvers are getting tired of this.. They are yelled at by the City Mgr for not getting the freight delvr'd but they keep sending it out!!! This is getting old to hear about the same thing happening all over..I work at Yellow in CNC by the way and not proud to anymore..

I was that second guy to get called back at 120 but I decided to give up my ten years and stay at abf looks like I made the right move. If you dont have 20+ years your pretty much done.I was one of the scranton city guys that was promised 9 months work and laidoff in 3 sold out by our part time business agent. But seeing what is going on now its almost expected. Remember their is life after roadway....

good for you go40 im glad you got a good job at abf .im still at 120 but i see the writing on the wall , 15 years wont buy you much at 120..trying to find another job that will pay the bills, walmart ? nj transit ?

hey F1, holland does the same thing-i havent worked sence 11/30/07 but when i did the dock supervisor would send us 13:30 start guys out at 14:30-15:00 with stuff that was already closed or you didnt have a prayer to get there in time.they didnt care as long as it was off the dock,and if the customer would call they would say its out for del.and blame the driver for not getting it there.i dont know how many times i got yelled at for trying to del at 16:00-17:00 while all the other companys were making pick-ups.made all at holland look stupid,but i was the only one that had to hear it...

usfcincy I know what you mean, but we give them .50 to be ready or the door comes down. Looks foolish trying to deliver frt @1600. I write on the bill cut off and start making p/u's so the p/u's aren't missed.

You would think by now management knows Mondays always dictate how well your operation will run for that week. Its hard to imagine the simple minded management in place today who are paid to be the 3 blind monkeys.

If I could cash in the credit I got for bailing out or forward thinking the mistakes management have or were about to make I could retire with a large cash award. Just imagine what the view of shareholders would be if they had insight to our views and ideas from labor.
Hmmm:shades::shades:

Reason #1 to wait the two weeks to go back to work as long as the mailman is running I aint mad