Yellow | From two to one.

grngito03

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard a nasty little rumor, I heard that a lot of roadway and yellow terminals were going to be combined. Even in the large break bulk cities like Salt Lake City. Any truth or just slop from the rumor mill ?

I heard a nasty little rumor, I heard that a lot of roadway and yellow terminals were going to be combined. Even in the large break bulk cities like Salt Lake City. Any truth or just slop from the rumor mill ?

not a rumor, theve been talking about this since the umbrella opened for YRC...(or shoe droped :biglaugh: however you wanna look at it)

ft. smith, arkansas will soon have roadway in our terminal in march...

I've been told by management that it's over 100 terminals so far. They claim it is to save money on taxes and capital not combine companies. There are many more planned in the near future, within the next year.

they will not combine yellow and roadway...

these two are the bread and butter company....dont want to tinker to much with the ones that work.

they will not combine yellow and roadway...

these two are the bread and butter company....dont want to tinker to much with the ones that work.

When the purchase first went through, I couldn't believe they would leave them separate for six months, its been 4 years.

Well here in Casper we haul all of Roadway's freight for the Casper area. We are trying to put another guy on so that we can also get our USF freight from NPT. It will be a lot better once we do get that USF freight. Be a real kick in the nuts to NPT...:nutkick: :biglaugh:

Plymouth,
What you're describing is interlining. They're keeping all of the revenue in the family, so to speak. We do the same thing with Roadway and Holland in STL as far as servicing some select points. We have certain terminals that they don't in an area and vice versa.

When the purchase first went through, I couldn't believe they would leave them separate for six months, its been 4 years.
When Yellow first bought Roadway all I heard were the "so-called experts" in the drivers rooms. They were spreading their doom and gloom about how the company was already planning on merging the two together and that many of us would be out of a job. Well, 4 years later they still haven't done it and none of us are out of job because of that. If a merger had been planned at the beginning, it would have already been done by now. Maybe a merger might happen, but I think it's clear that it will only be done as a last resort. Sounds like a lot of the "doom and gloomers" on this contract and our union.

Holding Company!

They don't have to merge! They can run the companys independently of each other, and then downsize individual companys like they are doing now at USF Holland and USF Reddaway. One day they come into your barn and say "we're not servicing this area anymore"! "We're sorry but you're out of a job. You can go apply at one of our sister companies." The same customers you were picking up and delivering from a couple of days or weeks ago, will now have their same freight picked up by a YRC sister company!

Now you're out on layoff (let's say a 20 plus year man) and your union brother at one of our YRC sister company's with 10 year is now picking up your freight. You might get hired at that "YRC sister company", but you will start at 90% of the union scale, and will lose your 5 weeks vacation, at all your seniority for bidding/bumping, etc...

YRC won't merge anything! They don't have to! Article 5 is outdated and won't apply, and YRC will be able to take apart USF, Roadway, or Yellow, piece by piece, one barn at a time! Watch what happens at USF as our first example! FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

They don't have to merge! They can run the companys independently of each other, and then downsize individual companys like they are doing now at USF Holland and USF Reddaway. One day they come into your barn and say "we're not servicing this area anymore"! "We're sorry but you're out of a job. You can go apply at one of our sister companies." The same customers you were picking up and delivering from a couple of days or weeks ago, will now have their same freight picked up by a YRC sister company!

Now you're out on layoff (let's say a 20 plus year man) and your union brother at one of our YRC sister company's with 10 year is now picking up your freight. You might get hired at that "YRC sister company", but you will start at 90% of the union scale, and will lose your 5 weeks vacation, at all your seniority for bidding/bumping, etc...

YRC won't merge anything! They don't have to! Article 5 is outdated and won't apply, and YRC will be able to take apart USF, Roadway, or Yellow, piece by piece, one barn at a time! Watch what happens at USF as our first example! FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:
USF and Yellow/Roadway are totally different from one another. What is going on at Holland/Reddaway is sad for sure, but is a different thing totally from what is or will go on here.

You made some very good points there and I applaud your passion.

Money and not morality is the principle of commercial nations.

Thomas Jefferson

Roadway-Stockton moved into the Yellow break bulk in Tracy,Ca. Roadway occupies the west end of the dock. And Yellow-Sac has moved in with the Roadway break bulk, also in Sacramento. Roadway also moved in with Yellow at our Salinas,Ca terminal. Thats about it here in the Northern California region, so far. I'm sure they'll combine more terminals when they see fit.

A better question for anyone at a terminal location that has been combined is did anything change when both were moved together?

Don't know.we're not ALLOWED over on their side of the yard. On top of that I heard that there's a "Great Wall" dividing our offices,which wasn't there before they moved in, with 1 maybe 2 doors for Roadway personnel to come & go. Wish I could confirm it but the rank & file have been banned from the main offices since about a month before Roadway moved in. Supposedly at Roadways request. I guess they don't want Yellow stealing their trade secrets!!