FedEx Freight | FTW hub

imported_pickitup

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone heard any rumors about turning FTW into a hub? So it can handle the freight going west, that currently goes into DAL. If so when is this supposed to happen? And are they going to add onto the FTW dock, and has the construction started?

I've been hearing that for last 6mos. Last i heard they are supposed to start construction sometimes this winter. Maybe someone else has more info.

I heard the same about FTW becoming a hub. They have enough room to grow where they are at so I would think they would just add on. They keep talking about a new center to go in to Garland as well, what will that do to DAL hub ? I realize Garland would not be a hub but they would certainly take a lot of city freight from the east side and if FTW gets bigger they will be taking more hub freight from the west.

hub

wow ftworth a hub imagine that!!! now ft worth linehaul drivers might just have somewhere to go!!!!besides to dallas every night to work the dock! ut oh what will dallas do without the extra help guess maybe sherman will put on a few more dallas dockhands im confused linehaul/ log your 60 mile drive round trip what a waste!!! who knows where this is going never could understand why anyone would want to go linehaul in ftworth anyhow just so they can drive to dallas and be a dockhand!!! not my idea of trailer truckin!!!!

We were told in Nov. that FTW was adding a 100 doors and be open in a year. We were also told the MDTX yard would be moved to Odessa, and that the relays would go to FTW instead of DAL

That might make sence Purple Haze in order for them to adjust some of the meets along I-20 with the West.
Could be some changes coming.