Holland | FULL VIDEO of President Rogers of Holland visiting Joliet (Graphic Language Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Off Topic...

I would like to respond to this but I was warned for being off topic by a Global Moderator.

I wasn't meaning you were off topic CDL holder. I was referring to myself in responding to your concern over the You Tube video that was posted. You were stating your concern about the main topic of this thread, that's not off topic. By me responding to your concern I felt like I was going off topic a little myself, that's why I put that in my own post. Sorry for the confusion. Your concern is being reviewed by Jeff, the owner of Truckingboards just in case.

Open Meeting

I wasn't meaning you were off topic CDL holder. I was referring to myself in responding to your concern over the You Tube video that was posted. You were stating your concern about the main topic of this thread, that's not off topic. By me responding to your concern I felt like I was going off topic a little myself, that's why I put that in my own post. Sorry for the confusion. Your concern is being reviewed by Jeff, the owner of Truckingboards just in case.

Okay, thanks!

HEMORRHOID, at first glance it may seem like an open meeting but it was not. This meeting was an internal company meeting. It was open to employees of Holland and their IBT reps only.

Guidelines were set forth by the Illinois legislature before the start of the meeting. No recording without permission.

Okay, thanks!

HEMORRHOID, at first glance it may seem like an open meeting but it was not. This meeting was an internal company meeting. It was open to employees of Holland and their IBT reps only.

Guidelines were set forth by the Illinois legislature before the start of the meeting. No recording without permission.
Yes but I think the person in trouble would be the one who recorded it and maybe Youtube for hosting it. I think worst case is that Youtube is asked to take it down, and they will if asked. Someone going after trucking boards just for linking to it is pretty remote. There is some precedent with files sharing trackers but I think the YRC lawyers have bigger problems right now.

Yes but I think the person in trouble would be the one who recorded it and maybe Youtube for hosting it. I think worst case is that Youtube is asked to take it down, and they will if asked. Someone going after trucking boards just for linking to it is pretty remote. There is some precedent with files sharing trackers but I think the YRC lawyers have bigger problems right now.

You may be right BP, but I'd feel more comfortable if it were only links to the videos at YouTube rather than them being embedded. But, you're probably right.

Even without the legal question, we aren't supposed to post internal memos or items that may speak to insider information. I think this falls under that.

Ripped From the Headlines

this is an excerpt from a story from WBAL AM, Baltimore, Maryland:

"Baltimore, MD – September 11, 2009 – We have received inquiries from citizens and the media asking whether the Baltimore City State’s Attorneys Office would initiate a criminal investigation for acts allegedly committed at ACORN offices located in Baltimore. The only information received in reference to this alleged criminal behavior was a YouTube video. Upon review by this office, the video appears to be incomplete. In addition, the audio portion could possibly have been obtained in violation of Maryland Law, Annotated Code of Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article §10-402, which requires two party consent.

If it is determined that the audio portion now being heard on YouTube was illegally obtained, it is also illegal under Maryland Law to willfully use or willfully disclose the content of said audio. The penalty for the unlawful interception, disclosure or use of it is a felony punishable up to 5 years."

State's Attorney Considers Prosecuting ACORN Video Posters - WBAL Radio - wbal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.