Estes | Funny

JimBob

TB Lurker
Credits
ok here is the deal :D

a guy , Top Flight, comes to the boards asks question. asks US what we think the problems are, what US what we think needs to happen to fix problems and what do ALL of you do.

YOU BASH HIM!!!!!!

you bash him because he is a " suit "

WHO CARES!!!!

he is asking what WE think the problems are and what WE think could fix the problems. here is an idea, lets tell him. OMFG there is an idea!!

1 or 2 people acually answered his questions, well after you had to read all the B.S. before it.

1) no delay time for line drivers
2) not replacing drivers or office personal that have left

thats 2, now if we drop the crap we could probably come up with more, and have them all condensed into 1 nice post for anyone to print up and show the people that could help us out.

but i know that wont happen, well anyway it wont from the normal Big E haters anyway.

all im asking is instead of bashing the "suits" why dont we try and be construtive and HELP them know what WE want!!!

First of all if this person is a suit for Richmond, why won't he or she come out and say just that..a few of us have said where were from and what we do..its only courteous to introduce yourself. Secondly, all this person needs to do is to take the time and read back through all the threads and see what the complaints are...most of the complaints are repeated over and over throughout different threads...then again we know asking someone in management to do their job is asking too much. So to help simplify things ill add another thing to the list...

How about introducing some system of responsibilty when it comes to poor loading. Too many trailers are just having the door pulled down on them and are sent on their way.
Freight should be down stacked or even floored out after the dock crew/sup comes to the realization that they aren't going to fill an entire trailer. Thus preventing some damages or even nose dives of trailers. Terminals know they can get away with poor loading, because nothing ever seems to get acomplished when we take pictures of these poor loads. Richmond thinks the claims system is what holds each terminal accountable and is what should discourage poor loads, that system doesn't seem to be working...so maybe they can come up with a new one. Oh and jimbob..where's your suggestion?

JimBob, I guess you havent read all the posts and comments from the suit. I being the idiot I can sometimes be gave the suit good info then realized the suit is either trying to cause trouble or is a complete moron. I would assume due to the suit being able to get online and type out almost comprehendable posts the suit is not a moron, but I am still holding back judgement on this one. Estes trys to come in here and weed people out, this suit has failed at his job. Stay safe out there.

i would like to see a penalty pay for drivers that are in the hotel over 14 hrs. also would like to see the right equi. to go out west with. (no jakes, no hp.. etc.etc.). would love to see some of the not so good shops be held accountable for not fixing trucks

what about O.T.

ok here is the deal :D

a guy , Top Flight, comes to the boards asks question. asks US what we think the problems are, what US what we think needs to happen to fix problems and what do ALL of you do.

YOU BASH HIM!!!!!!

you bash him because he is a " suit "

WHO CARES!!!!

he is asking what WE think the problems are and what WE think could fix the problems. here is an idea, lets tell him. OMFG there is an idea!!

1 or 2 people acually answered his questions, well after you had to read all the B.S. before it.

1) no delay time for line drivers
2) not replacing drivers or office personal that have left

thats 2, now if we drop the crap we could probably come up with more, and have them all condensed into 1 nice post for anyone to print up and show the people that could help us out.

but i know that wont happen, well anyway it wont from the normal Big E haters anyway.

all im asking is instead of bashing the "suits" why dont we try and be construtive and HELP them know what WE want!!!
you left out O.T. jim bob im not a hater and even left for awale but better benifits a retirement all the good things other people get

you left out O.T. jim bob im not a hater and even left for awale but better benifits a retirement all the good things other people get

well i get retirement: 401k

my bene are not bad. granted i have to pay for them, but many companies make you pay for them.

there have been some good suggestions so far.

as for mine:

i would like to see breakdown pay after 1 min vs. 1 hour

i would like the shops to be held more accountable for thier screw ups and to be made to due services when they are due NOT 5 to 15 thousand miles after they are due!!!

i would like to see drivers being held acountable for when they a consatanly late on thier meet times, i mean c'mon if 5 guys can do a run in 4 hours and 1 guy can only do it in 5 hours, and there is " always" some excuse, something is wrong with that.

thats all i can think of ATM

Still waiting...

I'm still waiting for Jimbob to add something to his own thread... he hasn't suggested one thing, as he has requested from the rest of us.

Have the big terminals that break this freight and send it down the line damaged pay 100 percent of claim,this would help smaller terminals bottom line and also shine a light on who is damaging all this freight.

Pricing,if they don't do something with this issue everything else is a mute point.

Have the big terminals that break this freight and send it down the line damaged pay 100 percent of claim,this would help smaller terminals bottom line and also shine a light on who is damaging all this freight.

Pricing,if they don't do something with this issue everything else is a mute point.

Its my understanding that the terminal that doesn't write up the damages takes the claim.. so if freight came out of DAL and it was damaged when it was loaded there, but say got written up damaged in MEM, then loaded to HAR, and HAR failed to write it up damaged..then sent it to its final destination say.. WMP, and it was wrote up damaged by WMP.. the claim goes to HAR and not DAL even though it was damaged by DAL initially.. the way they sort out which terminal gets "hit" with the claim is kinda screwy IMO...and they need to start teaching guys how to handle freight properly.. this includes Hub guys that work the dock, and P&D guys that work the dock in the mornings along with 90% of the dock workers.. most don't seem to understand the proper way to "stack" freight, or just dont seem to care.. kinda baffling to me. It's also not newer guys, its quite surprising the lack of care guys that have been on the dock for 10+ years have for what pays the bills.. Anyone ever see the "proper" way to load a trailer video? :biglaugh: Everytime they make us watch it I always wonder how long it too them to find all the right sized peices of freight to cube a trailer out like the do in the video

ALL OVER DUDE. these things need to be done company wide not just in 1 area EVERYWHERE

also all terminals should be ran the SAME, they should all read the book and they should all be ran the same. not every different TM's diferent interpritation of the rules

THIS is the kind of talk that is needed.

Now, what areas are we talking. (goegraphical)

This is the same things that have been discussed over and over if you would bother to read the previous posts. Other than that this is just rehashing the same old issues.

I do not get it. Top Flight says it does not work here, so how is it going to solve our problems?

Elvis please help us out. You seem to know about the people on here. Is Top Flight a plant, or a crack pot?

Everyone knows what the problems are and that Estes will not fix them. I am not saying do not discuss the problems just talk to someone who cares or who could maybe fix them.

I feel like a big 50 lb. channel cat fish, trying to protect my youngins, along the river bank, tucked in a hole, along the ledge, and these straw hat wearing, red man chewing, pabts blue ribbon drinking, red necks are down under water noodling for me!!!! Next time they stick that booger pickin, banjo strummin, finger in my face, I'm gonna swaller it, forearm and all. But this time I'm gonna chomp his arm off at the elbow! I don't know who topflight is, nor do I care. Probably truckn4jesus or someone who has been here before. My guess is that it is someone trying to figure out if the complainers are people who are still employed at Estes. Here's a little information. Big meetings out west next week, for line drivers. Fresno terminal has loaded up on their forklift inventory. Gearing up for more action on the dock. My educated guess is that they are going to cut all of the remaining northern lay over runs that are domiciled from So. Cal. Making Fresno a hub to combine freight. Trying to save money on motels, empty miles, partials, etc. A lot of guys with a lot of G.I. seniority will not be happy. I say G.I. because that is what they are. The company can call them Estes drivers all day long. But I will continue to label them G.I. as long as I live. G.I. taught them how to be professional drivers. Not Estes. The only thing Estes taught G.I. drivers is, how to be angry. Anyway, I'm done ranting for now. Thank you for listening. I feel much better now. Elvis out and looking for a finger to swallow.......

Might as well set those new forklifts out front of the terminals and use them as yard decorations,because they sure as hell arent going to be used to move freight,we have none.

T R O L L
Couldn't have said it any better myself. This guy comes in here making believe that he has the ability to change things in this co. if "we will just tell him what the problems are". Give me a frikken break, what a moron. Then again he'll probably label me as the problem for calling him on his BS since that seems to be his MO.Please crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under and quit giving any of these guys that might think you are for real any false hope although I'm sure every can figure him out by now.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. This guy comes in here making believe that he has the ability to change things in this co. if "we will just tell him what the problems are". Give me a frikken break, what a moron. Then again he'll probably label me as the problem for calling him on his BS since that seems to be his MO.Please crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under and quit giving any of these guys that might think you are for real any false hope although I'm sure every can figure him out by now.

I might be wrong, but I think the horny toads' post was in reference to the Estes' management trolling or chumming for biters!! ha,ha. Elvis out and avoiding them damn treble hooks........