FedEx Freight | Furlough vs 4 day work week for city

Crazy Trucker

Busting Clowns daily!!!!
Credits
I just wanted to see how all the other centers are doing the furlough this year, or are we all now trying to push all the city to 4 day work weeks. I understand we over hired etc etc, but at my center, they are not even offering furlough now, just trying to put city on 4 day work week. I understand we are trying to keep people, but dam last year, when my center had way too many road drivers, they didn't offer them 4 day work weeks or even convenience days. We just starved them out till they went and found different jobs. My whole point is how long are we going to try and kick the can down the road until we realize there is no can left to kick.

When things got really slow, my building had about 10 city AM bid spots and made the rest unassigned. We normally have about 35 city AM spots. Things have moved closer to normal, but we don't have any city drivers on furlough and we have the same five 4-10s we've always had.

We did furloughs for almost all of '23. most who took it were senior guys who wanted time off. Maybe only 1 had to stay home, and another transferred out for the bonus, but no 4/10's.

I see furloughs coming back with the slowing of the economy but when I ask I'm told there are no rumblings at all, and told not to worry.

We did furloughs for almost all of '23. most who took it were senior guys who wanted time off. Maybe only 1 had to stay home, and another transferred out for the bonus, but no 4/10's.

I see furloughs coming back with the slowing of the economy but when I ask I'm told there are no rumblings at all, and told not to worry.
That's what they all i say don't worry everything good then the next month a lay off. Been there done that. Not saying all but the majority of trucking companies will lie to you in a heart beat. Ive seen them tell one driver something then the next something totally different which was the truth who knows but them.They lie because they don't won't panic leaving. Id rather them just be tell the truth we are all grown ups and the chips fall where they may.

I just wanted to see how all the other centers are doing the furlough this year, or are we all now trying to push all the city to 4 day work weeks. I understand we over hired etc etc, but at my center, they are not even offering furlough now, just trying to put city on 4 day work week. I understand we are trying to keep people, but dam last year, when my center had way too many road drivers, they didn't offer them 4 day work weeks or even convenience days. We just starved them out till they went and found different jobs. My whole point is how long are we going to try and kick the can down the road until we realize there is no can left to kick.
That's what baffles me at Estes. We will be slow and cutting runs but they still have Covenant pulling out trailers through all of of it. Covenant works whether Estes drivers do or not.

That's what they all i say don't worry everything good then the next month a lay off. Been there done that. Not saying all but the majority of trucking companies will lie to you in a heart beat. Ive seen them tell one driver something then the next something totally different which was the truth who knows but them.They lie because they don't won't panic leaving. Id rather them just be tell the truth we are all grown ups and the chips fall where they may.
We don't lay off at Fed Ex, they starve you out, till you leave to find another job.