Future retiree with orphan company time

z-man

TB Lurker
Credits
Perhaps this has been discussed, but I haven't been on for a while. I have 26.5 years contributory according to my dashboard at CS. When I do a future projection I get about what I'd expect for my monthly check. Is the fund addressing time from an orphaned company differently? Also, most of my time was at Yellow. If they were to go under, thus making

I have 26.5 years of contributory time according to the CS dashboard. A portion of that time was with orphaned companies. Is the fund treating the orphaned time any differently than my time with Yellow, which is the majority? When I do a pension projection, I get what I would expect for a monthly payout. And, WHAT if Yellow were to close the doors? Virtually all my time would be via "orphaned" companies? Right now I'm holding out to get a little older to avoid the 6% a year reduction, but should I go asap to get what I can before SHTF !!!! Thanks

Perhaps this has been discussed, but I haven't been on for a while. I have 26.5 years contributory according to my dashboard at CS. When I do a future projection I get about what I'd expect for my monthly check. Is the fund addressing time from an orphaned company differently? Also, most of my time was at Yellow. If they were to go under, thus making

I have 26.5 years of contributory time according to the CS dashboard. A portion of that time was with orphaned companies. Is the fund treating the orphaned time any differently than my time with Yellow, which is the majority? When I do a pension projection, I get what I would expect for a monthly payout. And, WHAT if Yellow were to close the doors? Virtually all my time would be via "orphaned" companies? Right now I'm holding out to get a little older to avoid the 6% a year reduction, but should I go asap to get what I can before SHTF !!!! Thanks
I would check with CS to make sure.
I'm not sure all our lawyers here on TB have passed the board exam.

Go to CSPF and register and you will see what your pay-out will be up to age 65. CSPF is protected under the Butch Lewis Act and your 26.5 years are covered until 2051.