ODFL | Get along at work

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Make an effort to get along with your fellow employees.Just because you can ride a man's butt and get away with it doesn't give you a permit to do it.Picking and joking with each other is an enjoyable relief on the job,it's a stress reliever and helps time pass.If you see you're grinding on a man back off,leave him alone.OD is a pretty good place to work,don't screw it up for a co-worker.

Yep,so true.If you have a prob. with someone or people at OD.Go to your manager's.If you don't get it stopped there call Corp.Just don't let it go on.Even if you see it going on tell someone.You never know who has had enough.The sitiution that you are refering to I hope is the shooting in NC yesterday.None OD. work place.This was a shame that it happen'd.
Make an effort to get along with your fellow employees.Just because you can ride a man's butt and get away with it doesn't give you a permit to do it.Picking and joking with each other is an enjoyable relief on the job,it's a stress reliever and helps time pass.If you see you're grinding on a man back off,leave him alone.OD is a pretty good place to work,don't screw it up for a co-worker.

Yep,so true.If you have a prob. with someone or people at OD.Go to your manager's.If you don't get it stopped there call Corp.Just don't let it go on.Even if you see it going on tell someone.You never know who has had enough.The sitiution that you are refering to I hope is the shooting in NC yesterday.None OD. work place.This was a shame that it happen'd.

Yep,they said that fella had a shotgun and walked around other employees looking for his targets.This is not the first time for NC.

having a huge problem with harrasment and drivers trying to intinmidate other driver because they are jealous of other drivers who out preform them and make them look bad.in my opinion it has gotten way out of hand if these other drivers would do their jobs the first and be productive then this would stop.just tired of being kicked down for doing my job the way i am suppose to.

having a huge problem with harrasment and drivers trying to intinmidate other driver because they are jealous of other drivers who out preform them and make them look bad.in my opinion it has gotten way out of hand if these other drivers would do their jobs the first and be productive then this would stop.just tired of being kicked down for doing my job the way i am suppose to.

So they're trying to tell you how to do your job while they're not doing theirs ? How long have they been there ?

When you post a problem you're having at work on here you don't have to tell where you are or what you do.In a general way explain what's going on.There's enough OD reading this forum for them to look around to see if that's a problem at their terminal.You have sharp people running OD and they want it efficient.Efficient equals money,BS doesn't equal money.When something puts your job at risk or affects your workplace it needs to come out.This is not "ratting out co-workers" if you don't tell where or who.Maybe it will tell the co-workers to mind their own damn business and do their job.

Being a follower of Jesus Christ....I try to put others' feelings above a desire to shoot my big fat mouth off. Unless I see a flagrant disrespect for safety or equipment abuse....I mind my own beeswax. OD is totally different from other jobs in my past and folks are nice and professional as a rule and it's really refreshing to me. May God bless you all and give you a safe 2012.

I do not worry about what other's think.I do my job to the best of my ability &if other's want to run there mouth so be it.They are the one's who are hurting themself.

When you post a problem you're having at work on here you don't have to tell where you are or what you do.In a general way explain what's going on.There's enough OD reading this forum for them to look around to see if that's a problem at their terminal.You have sharp people running OD and they want it efficient.Efficient equals money,BS doesn't equal money.When something puts your job at risk or affects your workplace it needs to come out.This is not "ratting out co-workers" if you don't tell where or who.Maybe it will tell the co-workers to mind their own damn business and do their job.
:mad: I agree with all of you on this site. We have some driver's with some unsafe driving problems whlch could kill some body out on the highway or you !! If I see it, I tell him or her about it, I don't care if he or she likes it or not. We have alot of eyes out on the highways that see's OD. One phone call, you could not have a "JOB" at OD. One more thing, young driver's asking "picking"on older driver's:smilie93C_peelout: to retire so to get the better run all the time. Alot have no respect:Duel: for safety and you!! Most don't care about OD, it's just a job to them, that's all. OD finds out, sooner or later, that problem driver is byeeeeeeee!:sadwavey: I know driver's hate seeing and hearing this stuff at terms. but I'm a OD driver and I will not put up with driver's bull ****, I'll tell him or her how I feel about it. I'm going to retire at OD, most of them driver's will not!!! GO OD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"young driver's asking "picking"on older driver's to retire so to get the better run all the time"

:LMAO: I can just about guess where you work or very close but don't post it,I've heard this before too.

not picking on older drivers.drivers mad about start times and only singleing out certian drivers to complian about.i dont let it bother me but it comes to a point when enough is enough.always threating to call corparate cause they think dispatch is playing favs when in reality they put the people on the routes who they wont screw around and be productive instaed milking the clock.i understand the whole thimg about senority but this redonckulos to the point of they complian about peps coming before them but wont do any swaps after their routes there for thats why they more drivers on caucse to many drivers complianing about going back out and then complianing about not geeting hours when they hire more peps to do wat they dont want to.its funny that i can run my route and do all my pick ups and still do two or more swaps in less time than most take to run a route not boasting just stating the fact so thats wat im fed up with.sorry its so long.

Out here we have the smokers group right out in front of the office door. All of us that are not in the clique know they're saying something about you as you walk up. It don't bother me though because I know their cancer sticks will put them in the ground early.

It does seem that once people get at about the 8 year mark that they believe they are immune to any kind of disipline much less shown the door. A good young driver will catch on to that pretty quick and will become like them because they seem to be loved and protected from any disipline.

When are these new guys going to start getting my latte before I start my route?? :)

"young driver's asking "picking"on older driver's to retire so to get the better run all the time"

:LMAO: I can just about guess where you work or very close but don't post it,I've heard this before too.

Prolly works where I do... :6817: There's a lot of that when you wear blue. But that's because it sucks to be a junior employee here.