Averitt | Good job BHM shop !

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Thought I would share an experience I had in BHM Tuesday night. I noticed a flat tire on my tractor while fueling my tractor. It was cold and raining with mixed snow, I went to the shop, which was full of trucks and the mechanic, wish I got his name, dropped what he was doing and had me back in the shop just far enough to do the job. He had me ready in less than 15 minutes ! I believe in giving positive feedback when earned and BHM impressed me !

One of the best shops in our system if you ask me. I've had nothing but great service from that shop...

This is what all of the shops should do. Most run when a driver appears needing something done. Good on BHM.

Un- believable ! It happened again last night, same side, different axle ! And I got the same service as Tuesday night, didn't catch his name, different guy this time, nearly shaved head.

Un- believable ! It happened again last night, same side, different axle ! And I got the same service as Tuesday night, didn't catch his name, different guy this time, nearly shaved head.
Isn't it comforting to know that we are riding on maypops? How many caps are these casings supposed to take? How do they know how many? Are there markings that I have never seen?

On your next flat in BHM, get the guys name and get him an R+, for whatever that is worth.

But if you took your tractor to the shop at your home terminal and said you needed drive tires, they would look at them and say "Well, they do have about a thousand miles left in them". I think tires should be changed at drivers discretion. If the driver feels unsafe, change them, no questions asked. They can always be run out on a trailer..or a city tractor.

One of our shuttle drivers took his tractor to the shop last week to be repaired. They tell him that his tractor has had so many hours of work done on it this year that they will not work on it until after the first of the year, and he should park it and find another one to drive until that time. Is this kind of stuff going on system wide, or only in NOR?

One of our shuttle drivers took his tractor to the shop last week to be repaired. They tell him that his tractor has had so many hours of work done on it this year that they will not work on it until after the first of the year, and he should park it and find another one to drive until that time. Is this kind of stuff going on system wide, or only in NOR?
Sounds like somthing you would hear at NOR....At the ORL shop if you are a Slpr truck, you are told to leave it there...the ORL daycabs have PRIORITY...F-THAT...it's a 2 mile drive from the serctr to the shop..I waste my time to go over there just to be told I have to leave it..even if it's minor...THE ORL SHOP and the IDIOT CRY BABY that runs it SUCKS!!!!!!

This is what all of the shops should do. Most run when a driver appears needing something done. Good on BHM.
Us TRUCKLOAD tourist's know where the good shops are and we go out of our way to use them. Corperate maintenace now want us to get our trucks serviced at our HOME shop....F-THAT if we have a CRAPPY shop...we end up with Crappy maintenance done to OUR Truck!

Yes sir Jeepman, look me up. I arrive in BHM at 2:45et and depart by 3:30et. I'm always hooked to 76 door, 21247 Volvo with yellow back of cab light.

This is how we lost all of our good Volvos this year and how I have been stuck in one of these abortions they call Freightliners for the last 3 months. If they have spent money on it, they look at how they can get rid of it.