FedEx Freight | Good morning eph from teamsters

Thank you for your answer Johndeere4020.
I actually do the same type of thing in the politics forum. The righties follow almost a script.it seems. Im not a lib but they call me one because I poke and prod in directions that dont fit the script.

My personal opinion is that upon building the numbers in freight again there will be more strength in the hall and more.bargaining.power than 90% of the still working guys can dream of or have seen. If they and Conway stay out itll be the same old same old till most of us retire.
There was a time when ltl was one of the best jobs an uneducated guy could get. That time was when unions dominated. Imo we need to bring that bavk. A society ruled by fear ain't so great. And fear of losing ones job because of lack of fairness or representation is widespread in America.
I had a relative who worked in a Nestle nonunion warehouse for 18 years. His boss hired a buddy and gave him my relatives fotklift. My relative took his forklift back. Fired. Kids, house, wife to pay for. This nonsense needs stopping and the only way which works to turn it around is unions and contracts. That relative is what Id call a holyroller. Thats all they do. Church stuff. Hes not a troublemaker. I highly doubt it.

Johdeere2040, I agree on the ease of a smaller barn just on numbers, but then again, a small barn may likely have a more forgivable, friendly (you name it) management, the atmosphere may actually be good so the willingness to organize may actually be more difficult than bigger terminals, which likely are more intense, oppressive caustic etc which is what seems to be happening. It is possible? I was really referring to everyone at whatever size terminal. They do it, its on the same level as anywhere else.
I think the small ones may be difficult also. Last one I attempted to talk to rolled up his window on me and proceeded to play with his phone. He started into the " we dont need a union" script then the phone. He was sitting at a dock on his. playphone for over 2 hrs that day. Its no wonder he is happy. I drove by him more than once.

That is some very good news. 65%. Excellent strategy.

Nuno is reprting that Conway Tulsa has enough.
That would bring their total to 4+1that already voted yes to represenntation.
Nuno is not exactly Edward R. Murrow, and only 1 ConWay center actually voted for representation, the other 3 just filed a petition. Specificity is the soul of the narrative ...[

Nuno is not exactly Edward R. Murrow, and only 1 ConWay center actually voted for representation, the other 3 just filed a petition. Specificity is the soul of the narrative ...[
Murrow worked for big media, who is paid by corporations.
Knowing what I know today........Joe is a fine reporter. It comes from his heart.
If somebody was paying him big bucks he wouldnt be driving a truck.
He told his friends he was at joint council 42 and that he knows 3 terminals in CA have petitioned. Tulsa is ready now also. And Laredo already voted yes..
Specific enough.
Those are all Conway terminals.
Maybe you dont believe him.
I do.

Ok here we go, l will keep this as short as possible...I worked for Fedex for a little while, I was in construction as a truck driver all of my adult life. When the economy tanked a couple of people talked me into coming to Fedex so I did. I was a city driver and I found the work to be pretty easy bordering on mundane. I went through the merger which with my low seniority I got screwed around. I then decided this business wasn't for me. ...

...That's why the unions wanted card check, its easier to get cards signed than a yes vote on a secret ballot.

Didn't quote the whole thing, but it does offer some perspective. Things have not remained "the same", since you left. They have continued to decline, in most every way, since freight levels have improved. I see why you would have the opinion that you do.

I agree on the "card check" debate, nothing wrong with the secret ballot.

To answer what I think you're implying, yes. I do think we deserve more money. I do think that quality drivers should be given greater value to a company. I wish we could deal with this without bringing in a 3rd party permanent negotiator. Management should have seen this coming. I also understand that as the economy struggled and we worked through the merger, handing out large raises might have hurt the company's profitability and therefore hurt our jobs in the long-term. The biggest problem in my opinion is that management seems to be far more insular and insensitive to what the drivers are dealing with. This union thing is permanent and even if my wife and I were struggling, bringing in a full-time permanent marriage counselor would create more tension after a while when maybe we could just have sat down and worked it all out without all of this.
First off the union is not a third party they work for us, and what about fed ex paying for upper managements taxes for bonuses and pay they don't tell u that.
They also all have contracts too why do they have one but tell us it's no good???
Makes me wonder

It's looking like more now.
Not bad reporting if ya ask me.
It should make alot in the trade feel better that all you guys and these guys are standing up to have a real say in the trade. The contract makes it a real say.

Change Conway To Win: Election Date

I engage in the employee stock purchase plan so that is one more added benefit to our improved financial situation. ?

Exactly how does that help your financials? I believe we pay full price now. We used to get a @15 discount off of American Freightways stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly how does that help your financials? I believe we pay full price now. We used to get a @15 discount off of American Freightways stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It helps because it is personal planning and responsibility for your future. The stock is sold to you at market cost, minus any fees. (At least it was when I was there)

Guardrail

It helps because it is personal planning and responsibility for your future. The stock is sold to you at market cost, minus any fees. (At least it was when I was there)

Guardrail

Do they pay my personal taxes on it when I sell it like they do for executives?

This is great debate!!! SwampRatt almost brought it to a screeching halt with some ill timed humor, but it has survived the normal "spin out of control" mode most threads go into.

Thank you for the good read and civil manner in which it has taken place.

But we're not going to get a UPS Freight contract. We're going to get whatever someone else can convince someone else to give us. I've only been here 4.5 years. Since then my pay has gone up, they have started a pension plan, and increased our share of the marketplace while increasing profitability. I engage in the employee stock purchase plan so that is one more added benefit to our improved financial situation. But we're not going to get a UPS contract, or a YRC contract. We're going to get a FedEx contract and nobody now knows what that might look like. Couldn't we get even less than we have now? I mean, hypothetically speaking. Of course he'll pay us way more money and give us free healthcare and promise to never fire us for any reason... But hypothetically, couldn't we end up with less pay and worse benefits?

I have a good friend who worked at Express for many years. He showed me statements of his pension before and after the PPA. It's outrageous the way FedEx gutted their pension policy. Dig up some history on FedEx corporate decisions before you say "Oh boy! They set up a pension just for me!". Without a contract, couldn't we get even less than we have now? We can play the 'what if' game all day. It works both ways. That's the most tired argument I hear from anti-union guys. Do you really think FedEx cares about you or your family? Do you really think we would settle for less under negotiation? FedEx would've begged the union to come in years ago.

By the way, talk to a FedEx pilot and ask them what growing a set of balls got their fellow pilots.

1250 have not petitioned about 30% of that 1250 have and until you have a majority vote you have no say either.

The teamsters wouldn't let anyone file without less than 65% signed. We're almost at 75% at NHS, cards are still being signed. I'd like to thank the management for making all of this possible, those on a local AND corporate level. We couldn't have done it without ya :clapping:

I have a good friend who worked at Express for many years. He showed me statements of his pension before and after the PPA. It'pension geous the way FedEx gutted their pension policy. .

Ok because this is something in which I am very interested, please let me know. I only have used Google and i wasn't here before 2008 and/or whenever the pension was gutted or switched to a PPA. I'm very interested in learning more. Since you've looked this up, please let me know. I think me and my fellow drivers should be made aware of these things.

How abut this why don't you star adding some links to all this digging you've been doing.

Ok because this is something in which I am very interested, please let me know. I only have used Google and i wasn't here before 2008 and/or whenever the pension was gutted or switched to a PPA. I'm very interested in learning more. Since you've looked this up, please let me know. I think me and my fellow drivers should be made aware of these things.

I'll get my hands on a copy of the pre PPA FedEx pension policy and see if the guy will let me post parts of the statements he showed me. Good luck finding it online, I had only heard about it myself until this guy put the papers in my hand for me to read.