TForce | Good way to **** employees off

Toliet Paper

TB Regular
Credits
Tell them they're getting MLK day as a paid holiday then turn around and make them work! Way to go guys slap about 30% of your work force in the face.

Tell them they're getting MLK day as a paid holiday then turn around and make them work! Way to go guys slap about 30% of your work force in the face.
How is it a slap in the face? LTL is a service industry and to be truthful, lots of businesses are open MLK day. You get holiday pay for the day plus premium pay for working the day. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Ask yourself a question? How can the company enforce your attendance?
You are going to get 8 hours of holiday pay either way if you don't show up. You don't need to take a paid day and they can't dock you as long as you work on Friday and Tuesday.

Somethings are more important than money i know of several who were offended by this decision, not me but several. Also has the company agreeded to pay road drivers mile and a half or just time and a half?

Somethings are more important than money i know of several who were offended by this decision, not me but several. Also has the company agreeded to pay road drivers mile and a half or just time and a half?
Cops, nurses, bus drivers, pilots, and more occupations all work on "holidays", the world doesn't come to a complete stop on a holiday. In our business it's sometimes necessary also.
PS - If I remember correctly, on the road at Yellow, if I ran into the holiday I got 4 extra hours pay just for that, besides the holiday pay itself.
PPS - Many years ago I ran well into Christmas morning at UPS, at Maislin on the road we were frequently still on the road on some holidays. It happens.

Cops, nurses, bus drivers, pilots, and more occupations all work on "holidays", the world doesn't come to a complete stop on a holiday. In our business it's sometimes necessary also.
PS - If I remember correctly, on the road at Yellow, if I ran into the holiday I got 4 extra hours pay just for that, besides the holiday pay itself.
PPS - Many years ago I ran well into Christmas morning at UPS, at Maislin on the road we were frequently still on the road on some holidays. It happens.
I never worked a Christmas and only one Thanksgiving in my 35 years.
For any other holiday, I wanted that 12-hour payday.

Washington, DC. 1963. I have a dream, I have a dream, that in the year of our Lord almighty 2024, that the soft, tender LTL workers of the next generation will have a paid Holiday in remembrance of me!
As post #2 and #6 stated here, the world does not come to a stop. Just report as usual to work Monday and the next week hold your hand out and thank your payroll dept… It’s very simple.

We don't work for Yellow or UPS. The only day day I won't work is Christmas the others are just another day. I just want mile and a half pay.

My very best job in trucking in terms of vacation was simply the following:

A small paving and cattle farm outfit. One super liner 500 Mack Dump truck and associated stuff on a CDL A license with airbrakes etc.

Work from early March until about early November. Go home for 5 months on employer supported unemployment while the snow, ice and sleet buried everyting. Sit and eat hearty getting strong for spring time. Chase the females too. Its rutting season. Did that for years.

Whatver paychecks you got in early march until end of october every week in cash went straight to the bank and piled up against the coming winter.

In the old tradition we used to work until we saved up enough to get by several months. Then back to work again when its needed to save up some more to get by again for several months.

Our young working adults have not discovered this yet.

My very best job in trucking in terms of vacation was simply the following:

A small paving and cattle farm outfit. One super liner 500 Mack Dump truck and associated stuff on a CDL A license with airbrakes etc.

Work from early March until about early November. Go home for 5 months on employer supported unemployment while the snow, ice and sleet buried everyting. Sit and eat hearty getting strong for spring time. Chase the females too. Its rutting season. Did that for years.

Whatver paychecks you got in early march until end of october every week in cash went straight to the bank and piled up against the coming winter.

In the old tradition we used to work until we saved up enough to get by several months. Then back to work again when its needed to save up some more to get by again for several months.

Our young working adults have not discovered this yet.
I did that for a couple years, but was married with children at the time. Wasn’t my cup of tea. Way to much time off, during the winter. Made good money in the summer, but had live like a pauper all winter to stretch the finanaces.

The only option available here, Toilet Paper, is sit down and write Alain Bedard a letter and tell him, that per the contract, all TForce North American operations will not be open on Monday, Jan. 15th. All terminals will be closed, no P&D will be working, all Road Drivers will sit at home, and will resume normal work schedule on Tuesday, Jan. 16th. I’d be sure and send that via certified mail, that ways Bedard can’t come back and say, “Well, I didn’t get the memo”..

The only option available here, Toilet Paper, is sit down and write Alain Bedard a letter and tell him, that per the contract, all TForce North American operations will not be open on Monday, Jan. 15th. All terminals will be closed, no P&D will be working, all Road Drivers will sit at home, and will resume normal work schedule on Tuesday, Jan. 16th. I’d be sure and send that via certified mail, that ways Bedard can’t come back and say, “Well, I didn’t get the memo”..
You got his address?