XPO | goodbye sickdays !!!

biggdean

TB Lurker
Credits
the big meeting is finaly here on monday oct. 16....no more sick days also i heard we can split one week of vacation IF you have 3 weeks of vacation...hopefully this is all that it is about..what did yall here ??? see ya

Wtf

Am I the only one who thinks it is odd that the topic of this meeting is so hush hush? Odd because why would they make all the regional mgrs sign a affidavit not to tell anyone what it was about. I have been wrong before but I think its something more than sick days or pension.

I'm with you Mouse. I get the feeling that there is something bigger going on here. We had a note on the punch clock Friday that said we were going to have an "extended" meeting on Monday and that we would be notified of the start time with a phone call by 6 am.:shifty:

yea i agree with you all..if it was a typical monday meeting then why come in a whole hour early ?? last time they did this we started paying for insurance !! i hope its a positive meeting but with fat beard steering the ship its scary !! i hope its just sick days and minor stuff...our fos told me he wont know till sunday whats up for sure...just speculation till monday ..keep our fingers crossed....

biggdean said:
the big meeting is finaly here on monday oct. 16....no more sick days also i heard we can split one week of vacation IF you have 3 weeks of vacation...hopefully this is all that it is about..what did yall here ??? see ya
All managment is having a meeting in Milwakee Sunday I guess they have to get managment ready for the meeting Monday with labor I am guessing if it was good the FOS's would hear at the same meeting we do.

Even us line-haul drivers are going to have a meeting it must be big...We never get to know whats going on with this company...:shifty:

who the heck is mayor mccheese mouse. is he from north carolina and skinny.
i heard the meeting sunday will have security at some locations as they heard drivers wer gonna show up. fat beard was suppose to go to chicago. sups going so they can be persuaded to buy into the kool aid sipping.it aint gonna be as easy as sick days. its benefit election time and why not wham us with paying more and knocking out the pension. why poke us twice when they can just nail us all at once whos gonna quit and miss out on this measley icp.drivers arent going to quit

well its been nice working here i guess i got to look for annother job after monday meeting saying that they are closeing

LOL I guess you guys all know now why they came up with that last slogan - "Living The Dream" it's almost time to wake up fellas so get ready for the party.

take away even more benifits ?? WTF !! all ive heard from suits in annarbor for13 years is yea you work harder than other companies and you drive crapy equipment but we have a pension ,,,we have better pay...we have better benifits ..blaa blaa blaaa...just keep taking my hours and bennies away,,me and about 1000 others will be putting on a fedex or ups uniform...that i promise !! i sure aint gonna put up with all conways bs policies and stupid threats of being wrote up for anything just because frieght is slow !! why would any one stay here at conway if i can make as much or more somewhere else ??other companies have better equip.and arent afraid to let you work over 8 hours a day..im here for the good benifits including the pension... NOT the 401k savings plan !! i can make 20 dollars an hour most any place...see ya.......

Bye! Bye!

biggdean said:
take away even more benifits ?? WTF !! all ive heard from suits in annarbor for13 years is yea you work harder than other companies and you drive crapy equipment but we have a pension ,,,we have better pay...we have better benifits ..blaa blaa blaaa...just keep taking my hours and bennies away,,me and about 1000 others will be putting on a fedex or ups uniform...that i promise !! i sure aint gonna put up with all conways bs policies and stupid threats of being wrote up for anything just because frieght is slow !! why would any one stay here at conway if i can make as much or more somewhere else ??other companies have better equip.and arent afraid to let you work over 8 hours a day..im here for the good benifits including the pension... NOT the 401k savings plan !! i can make 20 dollars an hour most any place...see ya.......
Hope you find that perfect company that you keep talking about ---- as for me I'll wait to see what all the excitement is about - I agree with MOUSE == something BIG is up with this meeting - NEW ???????????????????? is coming our way!

cruzer,,,,,,no one company is perfect...i never said i was looking for that !! all i said was why drive a truck w no ac,no air ride,and put up with threats if the pay is the same or LESS because they wont work you !

the meeting has nothing to do with sick days. western already has no sick days so why would they be at a meeting to discuss something they dont have anyway. heard that dhl guys also now about the meeting because some af there execs would be there.

dockboy said:
well its been nice working here i guess i got to look for annother job after monday meeting saying that they are closeing
I don't know why you guys keep thinking they are closing It's all bull**** rumors :shutup2: This week I delivered to a contractor at your terminal in Montgomery N.Y. They are adding about 80 doors :bicycle: Why would they be doing this if they are closing the doors..I have been thru this a few times and I wouldn't wish it on anyone:USA: go back to drinking the Koolaid and think positive.:14: CRAZY

I predict a buyout by DHL or another company with lots of cashola. I would have to say DHL has the most money out of all the small package companies out there so that's who I am putting my bet with.

crazy said:
I don't know why you guys keep thinking they are closing It's all bull**** rumors :shutup2: This week I delivered to a contractor at your terminal in Montgomery N.Y. They are adding about 80 doors :bicycle: Why would they be doing this if they are closing the doors..I have been thru this a few times and I wouldn't wish it on anyone:USA: go back to drinking the Koolaid and think positive.:14: CRAZY

Crazy, althought I agree with you that Conway is not closing you can't use examples like yours as proof. Shortly before CF closed they expanded the Philly terminal and built a brand new one in Pheonix. Thye also had many new trucks on their way.

Never say never in this business